legal in uk

saw this and wondered

tachotimer.eu/en/

biggriffin:
saw this and wondered

tachotimer.eu/en/

All well and good until your first roadside pull and all those 30 second shunts show up. :smiley:

Yeah just in case you want to do more than ten hours driving :unamused:

Keep her lit and all that… effluent.

Isn’t just a device to make those first generation Digital Tachographs act like the later versions?

Can’t see the point in it. Tacho displays driving time and if you drive for 29 seconds or less out of a minute it won’t count it.

Pretty sure it would get you fired from any company for fiddling with the tacho.

toonsy:

^^^^^^^
Spot on, do we not do enough ffs. :unamused:
Not readt the full thing but got the jist of it…they can ram it up their arse for me.

wing-nut:
Can’t see the point in it. Tacho displays driving time and if you drive for 29 seconds or less out of a minute it won’t count it.

It won’t show on your Tacho display nor on the majority of employers analysis machines it will however show up if the police or dvsa analyses your card - I had the pleasure of a Met traffic officer showing me where I’d got a break in whilst stuck in a jam - I’d moved a little stuck it on break, moved a bit again & so on for a full 45 or so it appeared - it was clearly displayed on his laptop what I’d done!
He let me off because I’d admitted what I’d done when he asked me if I’d taken a break in a jam and the fact that I’d come off the motorway at the next exit and taken a full break.
He said he was happy that I wasn’t trying to fiddle anything as such to save time for example and he could see that I was trying to avoid an infringement on my analysis and I’d taken a full break as soon as possible, his advice was let it run over, stop at the safest convenient place and do a print out explaining your activities on the rear, so long as you don’t do this frequently then he’d be satisfied you were trying to do things right rather than bend or break the rules.

He said that had I just carried on he’d have charged me, they are wise to this caper.

Arthurhucksake:

wing-nut:

It won’t show on your Tacho display nor on the majority of employers analysis machines it will however show up if the police or dvsa analyses your card - I had the pleasure of a Met traffic officer showing me where I’d got a break in whilst stuck in a jam - I’d moved a little stuck it on break, moved a bit again & so on for a full 45 or so it appeared - it was clearly displayed on his laptop what I’d done!
He let me off because I’d admitted what I’d done when he asked me if I’d taken a break in a jam and the fact that I’d come off the motorway at the next exit and taken a full break.
He said he was happy that I wasn’t trying to fiddle anything as such to save time for example and he could see that I was trying to avoid an infringement on my analysis and I’d taken a full break as soon as possible, his advice was let it run over, stop at the safest convenient place and do a print out explaining your activities on the rear, so long as you don’t do this frequently then he’d be satisfied you were trying to do things right rather than bend or break the rules.

He said that had I just carried on he’d have charged me, they are wise to this caper.

It may have been an older tacho you were using as I believe the rules changed in 2011. You can legally drive up to 29 seconds per minute which would effectively mean a 58 second stretch over 2 minutes and tacho won’t record it and you won’t get an infringement but it’s only really any use for when you’re sitting in traffic.

robroy:

toonsy:

^^^^^^^
Spot on, do we not do enough ffs. :unamused:
Not readt the full thing but got the jist of it…they can ram it up their arse for me.

What…

Him and him have said, 10 hours is quite enough thank you.

As for driving in heavy traffic and trying to get back extra seconds…get a life!

wing-nut:

Arthurhucksake:

wing-nut:

It may have been an older tacho you were using as I believe the rules changed in 2011. You can legally drive up to 29 seconds per minute which would effectively mean a 58 second stretch over 2 minutes and tacho won’t record it and you won’t get an infringement but it’s only really any use for when you’re sitting in traffic.

The rules haven’t changed, but the algorithm used by the tacho has. The copper in question would have downloaded the speed trace from the head unit, which would show the movements.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

wing-nut:

Arthurhucksake:

wing-nut:

Just checked up on it and you were right, it can be used when on other work but not on break as any movement will be an offence.

wing-nut:

Arthurhucksake:

wing-nut:

It was a 2016 Volvo FH.

It’s not a device for fiddling the tacho, nor is it a device to make older tachos behave like newer ones. It’s simply a 30 second countdown timer with an advance warning beep at 10 seconds remaining. The driver has to press a button when he starts moving. It also has an additional 60 second timer - again activated by the driver pushing a button. All it does is assist the driver to take advantage of the way newer tachographs operate. As mentioned earlier by Arthurhucksake, the enforcement people can still see what you have done by downloading the speed trace anyway…

Exactly it’s just a glorified stopwatch.

Nothing dodgy, just a way to help you make the best of how tacho’s work to your advantage.

Don’t use it whilst on break as the movements can be seen by the latest software, so you’ll get busted for driving X amount without a break.

But it’s perfectly legal when on other work, there’s nothing wrong with driving 29 seconds in a minute so that that minute isn’t recorded as driving, it’s using the rules to your own advantage.

Do you need this

Well if I had a job where it was necessary to drive and time things up to the nearest second I reckon I’d be looking for another.
Last drop of blood and all that.

Roymondo:
It’s not a device for fiddling the tacho, nor is it a device to make older tachos behave like newer ones. It’s simply a 30 second countdown timer with an advance warning beep at 10 seconds remaining. The driver has to press a button when he starts moving. It also has an additional 60 second timer - again activated by the driver pushing a button. All it does is assist the driver to take advantage of the way newer tachographs operate.

Aka run bent, moving the vehicle on rest.

Arthurhucksake:

wing-nut:

This mind condition is really working on people why would you be worried ffs
You follow the rules infringment ffs if it happens it happens dont fret about it
Infringment ffs

Conor:

Roymondo:
It’s not a device for fiddling the tacho, nor is it a device to make older tachos behave like newer ones. It’s simply a 30 second countdown timer with an advance warning beep at 10 seconds remaining. The driver has to press a button when he starts moving. It also has an additional 60 second timer - again activated by the driver pushing a button. All it does is assist the driver to take advantage of the way newer tachographs operate.

Aka run bent, moving the vehicle on rest.

I understood it as being about moving the vehicle while on “other work” without it showing as a driving minute, not on rest, in which case it’s no different to moving the vehicle while counting to 29 in your head.

Harry Monk:
I understood it as being about moving the vehicle while on “other work” without it showing as a driving minute, not on rest, in which case it’s no different to moving the vehicle while counting to 29 in your head.

Their website clearly states “Tacho-Timer will make your driving effecively longer and it won’t turn off your REST MODE if reposition of your car is necessary.” - i.e. They are specifically selling it on the basis that it allows you to move the truck while still recording Rest or Break.