Not keen on it then Rob? :stuck_out_tongue:

AndrewG:

robroy:
^^^^^^^

…they can ram it up their arse for me.

Nothing gets past you Andrew. :laughing:

robroy:
Well if I had a job where it was necessary to drive and time things up to the nearest second I reckon I’d be looking for another.
Last drop of blood and all that.

Come on, we’ve all been there from time to time, there won’t be many that drive less than me, but every now and then I’ve been getting close to 4:30, knowing how tacho’s work and driving a 1st gen tacho unit it’s even more important so I don’t shoot myself in the foot

But I don’t believe anyone needs this product

stevieboy308:

robroy:
Well if I had a job where it was necessary to drive and time things up to the nearest second I reckon I’d be looking for another.
Last drop of blood and all that.

Come on, we’ve all been there from time to time, there won’t be many that drive less than me, but every now and then I’ve been getting close to 4:30, knowing how tacho’s work and driving a 1st gen tacho unit it’s even more important so I don’t shoot myself in the foot

But I don’t believe anyone needs this product

Yeh ok we have, but if anybody feels the actual need to buy one of those things to maximise their seconds in their day :unamused: , I reckon you’re doing it not from time to time, but all the time,… while on your way to your first heart attack in your crap over stressed job and life.
So as I said, ram and arse.

I thought I was clever for moving up a queue on break yesterday, did not feel so clever this morning with the dvsa… was there in black and white I could not deny what I had done, lesson learnt… never again

yt03:
I thought I was clever for moving up a queue on break yesterday, did not feel so clever this morning with the dvsa… was there in black and white I could not deny what I had done, lesson learnt… never again

Exactly my thought - I thought in my case the Met Officer was going to hang me out to dry, I was lucky -undoubtedly helped by being honest and admitting what I’d done - lesson well & truly learned.

Did you get fined or let off with a warning?

Arthurhucksake:

yt03:

Exactly my thought - I thought in my case the Met Officer was going to hang me out to dry, I was lucky -undoubtedly helped by being honest and admitting what I’d done - lesson well & truly learned.

I got let off as I only did a 4:13 drive in the day, said if I’d of gone over the 4.5 hr drive I’d have got fined… totally my fault I knew I was doing wrong, a 20 minute job turned into a 4 hr job in a huge queue hence having to move whilst on break…

Always thought they would be able to see it when they looked closely, I know plenty of people that do it on a daily basis aswell… won’t see me doing it again that’s for sure

yt03:

Arthurhucksake:

yt03:

I got let off as I only did a 4:13 drive in the day, said if I’d of gone over the 4.5 hr drive I’d have got fined… totally my fault I knew I was doing wrong, a 20 minute job turned into a 4 hr job in a huge queue hence having to move whilst on break…

Always thought they would be able to see it when they looked closely, I know plenty of people that do it on a daily basis aswell… won’t see me doing it again that’s for sure

There was nothing to let you off about then, you didn’t do anything wrong!

There’s no offense of doing a short drive in a break, it’s driving X amount over 4.5 without a qualified break

Do as you did = no offense
Drive 4.5
Break 45 with little drive in the middle
Drive 4.5

= Driving 9 hours without a qualified break / 4.5 over 4.5 busted big time

Without wishing to sound smug I posted on here several years ago that the 29 second shunt could be detected as a friend of mine had been fined for it, only to be told that I was talking out of my backside and that my friend was not telling the truth as to why he was fined. Sometimes it pays to listen to those of us who spend plenty of time in DVSA checkpoints rather than those who think they know it all sitting in a RDC waiting room. :wink:

stevieboy308:

yt03:

Arthurhucksake:

yt03:

There was nothing to let you off about then, you didn’t do anything wrong!

There’s no offense of doing a short drive in a break, it’s driving X amount over 4.5 without a qualified break

Do as you did = no offense
Drive 4.5
Break 45 with little drive in the middle
Drive 4.5

= Driving 9 hours without a qualified break / 4.5 over 4.5 busted big time

Yes if I had 17 minutes more driving I’d get a shafting… they can obviously see trucks moving whilst on break so people need to get out the habit,

Mazzer2:
Without wishing to sound smug I posted on here several years ago that the 29 second shunt could be detected as a friend of mine had been fined for it, only to be told that I was talking out of my backside and that my friend was not telling the truth as to why he was fined. Sometimes it pays to listen to those of us who spend plenty of time in DVSA checkpoints rather than those who think they know it all sitting in a RDC waiting room. :wink:

I to have warned about this a few times, but from what I’ve been told it’s only pretty recently that they got the new software that actively looks for these movements, probably about a year at most, but I suppose it was always possible by looking at the vehicle speed trace, so would have taken a bit of digging, where now the latest software actively looks for these movements

robroy:

AndrewG:

robroy:
^^^^^^^

…they can ram it up their arse for me.

Nothing gets past you Andrew. :laughing:

:laughing::wink: