Leg Pains

Does anybody get pains in the thigh area of their legs when driving? I’ve noticed that some motors are worse than other for this pain. It seems that if your legs are in contact with the seat base, this seems to make the problem worse.

It just means you’re gonna die.

Lower your seat.

Yep i get em. uasually after about 3hrs driving… stop have a walk for 5mins then all ok for another couple of hours. If you cant stop, put the cruise on tie the steering wheel down with a strap and walk around the cab :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

I’ve found that MAN’s seem to cause the problem whereas Merc tends to be okay and so does DAF to a certsin degree. It’s that DVT which concerns me a little. The other thing I’ve noticed is that if you have the seat base sloping down, whilst it’s not such a comfortable position to drive in, the pain does not seem to come.

Cruise Control and an automatic gearbox are your friends. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lusk:
I’ve found that MAN’s seem to cause the problem whereas Merc tends to be okay and so does DAF to a certsin degree. It’s that DVT which concerns me a little. The other thing I’ve noticed is that if you have the seat base sloping down, whilst it’s not such a comfortable position to drive in, the pain does not seem to come.

Funny that i drive a MAN.

It could be phlebitis. Very common in lorry drivers.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Trusty Google says it’s not harmful though.

Harry Monk:
Cruise Control and an automatic gearbox are your friends. :stuck_out_tongue:

Should I put the lack of both down on my defect sheet, or should I take some knee pads to work tomorrow?

kiwitaff:
Yep i get em. uasually after about 3hrs driving… stop have a walk for 5mins then all ok for another couple of hours. If you cant stop, put the cruise on tie the steering wheel down with a strap and walk around the cab :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .

hmmmm now that’s an idea for next time i am near a vosa site! :smiling_imp:

go past it Sat in crew seat! leave the hard work to the rope :unamused:

i get the same all the time and i drive a man, i also got it in the daf and mercs. i sit quite high though so its probably just lack of blood going round, and i’m 25 so dont put it down to old age, just ■■■■ cheap lorry designs…

harry:
It just means you’re gonna die.

LOL ! That’s gonna happen anyway ! (Eventually !)

unbranded-fiery-jack-rubbing-cream-tube-35g.jpg

Lay down flat with both legs out.
Place the right foot next to the left knee.
The right leg is now bent.
With any hand push the right leg at the side of the knee on the right leg.
You should feel the buttock muscles release their tension.
Repeat with the other leg.
When the foot is next to the knee it has to be on the other side of the leg.
Another stretch is lay down flat.
Bend the leg towards you while pulling the leg with your hand to stretch the buttocks muscle which tense up while driving.

toby1234abc:
Bend the leg towards you while pulling the leg with your hand to stretch the buttocks muscle which tense up while driving.

Then, call an undertaker?

Scanias give me a numb bum… oh and dont use that fiery jacks anywhere near your nuts…

toby1234abc:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: When are you meant to do this?

Trukkertone:
Scanias give me a numb bum… oh and dont use that fiery jacks anywhere near your nuts…

I remember a chap telling me years and years back that Scania got sued because of this very problem and DVT…dont know if it was true or not though.

kiwitaff:

Took your advice and crashed■■? What sort of advice was that ■■?