Left hand reverse going tits up

I’m due to start driving shortly and I am a bit rusty after a long break, if anyone see’s a truck doing a left hand reverse going pear shaped… Its me ha ha :smiley:

Best of luck, the bloody lorry seems huge after a couple weeks holiday, and impossible after an extended break.

Soon comes back though.

Cheer’s bud

As long as you get there in the end and do not hit anything it does not matter just take your time

Im back at work in 2 week after spending the last 2yrs in and out of hospital rebuilding my body after a bad accident ,ive yet to drive the car so im a bit nervous about the truck ,it will ok thow ,after what ive been thru it will be a walk in the park ,bring it on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m looking at getting back in the big seat after a 4 years absence.
I’m really looking forward to getting back to it though bloody nervous!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Good luck to everyone.

Anyone who claims they haven’t made a spectacle of themselves doing a blind side reverse is probably lying.

I admit I have made a few errors in my time.

A blind side reverse in one of the first auto gearbox dafs would be a challenge on your first day back at work :blush: :blush: :blush:

seth 70:
A blind side reverse in one of the first auto gearbox dafs would be a challenge on your first day back at work :blush: :blush: :blush:

Its a challenge if you’ve been doing nothing but for 20 years… :smiling_imp:

I still can’t understand why people who specify fleet lorries (tesco a notable exception) likely to only see a night out once in a a blue moon, don’t have the NSR and rear windows fitted in place, i’d give me eye teeth for those (and a manaul box), in fact when mine is next up for replacement i shall request them.

Juddian:

seth 70:

Its a challenge if you’ve been doing nothing but for 20 years… :smiling_imp:

I still can’t understand why people who specify fleet lorries (tesco a notable exception) likely to only see a night out once in a a blue moon, don’t have the NSR and rear windows fitted in place, i’d give me eye teeth for those (and a manaul box), in fact when mine is next up for replacement i shall request them.

I bet they are classed as extras nowadays and you have to pay for them ,i find its not too bad with a electric n/s mirror but its not as good as having windows :neutral_face:

I wouldn’t worry too much.
I like to think I’m the worst at blind side reversing and usually either end aiming for the wrong bay (theres already a wagon in it) or overcooking it and taking the lock off far to late.

However if no ones about I normally ■■■■ it :wink:

Had one the other day, parking bays all opposite the loading bays and all the drivers where in their cabs, so I got in what I thought was a good starting position (I was very wrong) and started going backwards only to realise I’d dropped a real bollock but luckily I could pull forward and a have a shunt to get it right… :blush:

Luckily another driver came along and took 5 minutes to do the same thing and made me look good, I was so relived I almost bought him drink.

Starting position is key, electric mirrors can help a lot and don’t be afraid to pull forward and have another go, use all the space available and try and pick a point well in front of the bay to start putting the lock on.

Cheers everyone, don’t feel as bad now. Been 5 years for me so a bit nervous. Just crack on with it

Sure you will be fine, just be prepared to have a little shunt forward if you’ve left it too late to take the lock off or are slightly in the wrong flight path, and take your time. Good luck and relax :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing them for years and still ■■■■ up occasionally so just relax. :blush: I tend to move the electric mirrors out before moving, just helps to see a bit better. If in doubt get out for a look. Make sure you stop first though :laughing:

A trick I use is when you are doing a reverse on your good side, have a look in your blindside mirror and take note of how much angle is on the front of the trailer before you start to feed in the opposite lock. Then when you do a blindside reverse you can look in your good side mirror and judge almost exactly when you need to start feeding in opposite lock so you don’t put too much angle on the trailer.

I pulled an absolute peach of a blindside onto a bay the other week, jumped out to open the doors, and realised I was on the bay next to the one I should have been on. Made a total balls up of shuffling it over, in front of a load of EE drivers!

Keith badge:
I’m due to start driving shortly and I am a bit rusty after a long break, if anyone see’s a truck doing a left hand reverse going pear shaped… Its me ha ha :smiley:

That wasn’t you at Tesco Magor at 07-45 this morning was it?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

tezza:

Keith badge:

That wasn’t you at Tesco Magor at 07-45 this morning was it?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nope…not started yet :smiley:

cracker-bar:
I pulled an absolute peach of a blindside onto a bay the other week, jumped out to open the doors, and realised I was on the bay next to the one I should have been on. Made a total balls up of shuffling it over, in front of a load of EE drivers!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Done exactly the same at a big warehouse in Brisbane, and of course it was in front of about 3 million drivers. The forkie was good though, he said ‘I’ll do it there for ya pal’ He probably meant that he didn’t have time to watch me poncing about moving it. :smiley:

cracker-bar:

Did that on my first trip to Tesco Weybridge.