Leaving Job-Downloading Digicard

When I leave on Friday, is it my legal responsibility to get my digicard downloaded? The reason I ask is because I’m not based at head office (where we have it done every two weeks). Can they just download the data from the tachograph when the lorry goes back?

your legal requirement is to make your digi card available for download

it is NOT your responsibility to do the download

I have never had mine downloaded, since leaving my Exeter based company 2 years ago!

As shuttlespanker said, my cards available every Friday night what he chooses to do or not do with it is up to him.

I left a job last December having not downloaded my card for 2 weeks. Went to a job where Tacho rules were exempt, driving drainage vehicles, returned to a job that requires my card in september & have used & downloaded it every week since. Nothing said & no comeback.

Muckaway:
When I leave on Friday, is it my legal responsibility to get my digicard downloaded? The reason I ask is because I’m not based at head office (where we have it done every two weeks). Can they just download the data from the tachograph when the lorry goes back?

You’re leaving? You off back on flour?

As has been said, make your card available to them. Some trucks have a system whereby the drivers card can be downloaded when their card is in the tacho head itself. This can either be done over the mobile phone network or when the vehicle is back at their depot and it connects to a wireless computer network which will download the card. If the operator does not have the facility in place (most dont) then the data can not be downloaded via the tacho head directly.

No not back on flour Tom, on for a haulier who’s just bought some 8wheelers.

Bloody hell Nathan people out there are struggling to find work your going through places like hot cakes lol. He hasn’t bought some 8leeged MAN’s then.

Still on tippers then chap?

Karl86:
Bloody hell Nathan people out there are struggling to find work your going through places like hot cakes lol. He hasn’t bought some 8leeged MAN’s then.

No thankfully. :laughing: Made me a good offer, half the travelling distance and a Scania P420. Apparently looking at some Foden Alphas though so I’m tempted to ask if I can have one of those instead. :smiley:

shuttlespanker:

So if I say “can someone download my card today?” does that cover me?

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

Or burst into song. “It’s now or never”

Tipper Tom:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

Or burst into song. “It’s now or never”

Christ no, there’s enough silly noise on the cb already.
:laughing:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

providing that there is someone there that can do it, yes :wink:

Muckaway:

shuttlespanker:

Sometime in the week remind your TM that they will need to download the driver card on Friday as it probably won’t be available after that.

It’s then up-to them to make arrangements for the download on Friday.

Muckaway:
Can they just download the data from the tachograph when the lorry goes back?

Legally they need to download the data from both the VU and your driver card.

Muckaway:

Karl86:

No thankfully. :laughing: Made me a good offer, half the travelling distance and a Scania P420. Apparently looking at some Foden Alphas though so I’m tempted to ask if I can have one of those instead. :smiley:

Foden alphas sounds like a forward looking company why not buy a few scammells and have done witg it

kr79:

Muckaway:

Karl86:

Foden alphas sounds like a forward looking company why not buy a few scammells and have done witg it

Ex Smiths Bletch too so they’re in top condition. Better than many other companies half that age.

maybe you,ll be passing near one day to do it

tachograph:
Legally they need to download the data from both the VU and your driver card.

Why is that mate? Are you saying that when a driver leaves a company, they must also download the VU?