Lease Cars

Hi,

Does anyone here or know of anyone that has a personal car lease.

Just was after some information on what certain companies are like to deal with

Am looking at using

a:)autobuddy
b:)Butlers vehicle solutions limited
c:)Gateway2lease

Thanks in advance

Paul

I used lex leasing a few yrs ago they were ok, best to decide what car and budget you want and then search for best value. All these companies have offers on all the time but not necessarily the vehicle you want at the time you want it.

I have had 3 new cars using personal lease purchase, you pay the finance company a deposit through the dealer, then fixed amounts for 3 years, at the end of it you, buy the car at a fee agreed at the beginning, give it back or choose a new one.

I did it through the dealer, who happened to be my Brother.

Pros, free servicing / repairs. I just had to buy road tax and insurance.

Against; Mileage limits. 15000mpa iirc

Motability is a more complex personal leasing scheme, where you just pay monthly amount, everything else is covered from tyres, road tax, insurance and service. Dependent on the make or type of car, it is often just a monthly payment without a deposit needed.

Wheel Nut:
I

Motability is a more complex personal leasing scheme, where you just pay monthly amount, everything else is covered from tyres, road tax, insurance and service. Dependent on the make or type of car, it is often just a monthly payment without a deposit needed.

Insurance not covered sorry you have to pay & sort that out

If it is motabillity then you dont see the money it just goes straight to them depends on the car you want as if you have to pay any extra towards it

animal:

Wheel Nut:
I

Insurance not covered sorry you have to pay & sort that out

If it is motabillity then you dont see the money it just goes straight to them depends on the car you want as if you have to pay any extra towards it

My friends was all done in house, with me as a named driver. We only had to pay extra if we wanted more than two named drivers, she doesn’t drive so I was her replacement. It works very well for me. I am taking her to the doctor tomorrow, and I can fit it around my numerous appointments too.

My dad has this & he has to pay for insurance my mam is named driver on that

animal:

Show him this!!!

motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=CINS

thank you very much bald bloke, have decided what I am after down to about 3 cars, just will need to work out who has the best quote when I take it out

Paul

thank you very much wheel nut and animal

my partner works closer to home than me so have already agreed that if I go ahead with this then we will share her car and mine to keep mine within the agreed mileage limits, probably means I will use mine 3 or 4 days a week and then use hers 2 or 3 days a week

Paul

with the new model focus out last weekend,try a new old shape focus on ford options,save £8/8,500 of rrp

I used to work in car rental and leasing, I used to check prices of competitiors using;

contracthireandleasing.com

watch out for the small print some of the cheap monthly prices are bigger up front deposits.

I always find ‘Ling’ to offer some good prices though, that I could never beat;

lingscars.com

The two things to specially watch out for on lease deals are:

1. Damage at the end of the contract. This doesn’t matter if you buy the car, but if you hand it back they go over it with a magnifying glass and charge you for any damage beyond “fair wear and tear”, The trouble is tthat what you think is FW&T, they may class as chargeable. Most cars are going to pick up a few scuffs in 3 years and my advice is that when you are near the end, take it to a body shop and get it sorted before they see it. It doesnt hurt to get it valeted either - it’s just the same as if you were selling it.

2. Excess mileage. The monthly charge will vary with the mileage. This is because a high mileage car has a lower residual. There will be an excess mileage charge stated in the contract and every mile over will have to be paid for. Hovever - this excess may be less than the extra you would have paid if you had got it right in the first place. Of course if you over-estimate the mileage you get nothing back. Keep an eye on it during the three years and if it’s wildly out then go back and re-negotiate.

Matty72:
lingscars.com

Interesting website, but a bit too “busy” for me,

animal:

are you saying your dad has to pay for his insurance on a motability car the only way that would happen is if it was hire purchase and not contract hire as i have a motability car and everthing is covered even got my wife on the insurance