Learning material for theory

Evening all, I have raided the search tool but tbh I’m lost…

I’ve just done a couple of mock online tests here safedrivingforlife.info/
and not surprisingly I failed, hope its coz its a cheapie site… :laughing:

Now what I’m failing on is things like driving rules, so breaks, tacho, load width signage…
so question is where can I get ALL the info I need about all the elements that are needed for the theory, hazard and whatever else I need too get past this nightmare section of the process if at all possible…?

I know Peters site has a section you purchase but just wanted to be sure I get everything I need too know as I hate academic exams and already I’m in flight mode as I’m more a practical chap…i hope… :laughing:

Many Cheers Gents in advance and apologies if its an obvious one… :blush:

Dvsa theory cd rom 2015 edition got almost every single question your going to get asked just study study till you remember nearly every one

I do don’t know what others have or have used but what I used was an app from the Appstore (apple) IDK if its on other phones but it was called “LGV Theory Test and Hazard Perception” and was made by “LGV Theory Test and Hazard Perception” all i can say is I got 99/100 and thats the only thing i used. just used the app when i was on lunch at my old job for 20 mins or so.

Hope this helps, any questions about it just ask and i will try to help :slight_smile:

P.S. can’t remember how much it was

Legends thanks very much fella’s :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Drivingtheory4all on the internet is what I used and I passed all mine first time. It also helps you monitor your progress, as do many others

MANY thanks Nick :sunglasses:

Anyone reckon its with buying these two as well ?

desktopdriving.co.uk/product … cts_id=285

desktopdriving.co.uk/product … ducts_id=6

Many thanks again all :sunglasses:

Benjie83:
MANY thanks Nick :sunglasses:

Anyone reckon its with buying these two as well ?

desktopdriving.co.uk/product … cts_id=285

desktopdriving.co.uk/product … ducts_id=6

Many thanks again all :sunglasses:

HA DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP!!!

I got the CPC one thinking it would help but trust me when i say its full of C*@P, don’t know about the other one but it did not help me one bit its full of stuff you will probably know

If you want MOD 4 help just use this : tockwithtraining.co.uk/LGV_CPC_Questions.pdf

~this is a list of all the questions they can ask you (1 from each section) (this is the mod 4 the one you do outside with a truck) (not mod 2)

I did not use anything other then the app is said about before for mod 2 the only thing you might need to know is what documents you should take when going over seas

(hope that makes sence it feels like it does not :blush: :blush: :blush: )

I didn’t use anything to revise Mod 2. It’s all common sense. If you have a good enough grasp on the theory you will be fine on Mod 2

Much appreciated Nick, I shall save my pennies…looks like I’m gonna have too go buy a flat bed full of sheet steel an practice dolly knots :laughing:

Christ I’ve no fear of the c test practical at all but all this academic stuffs turning me too mulch already :blush: :cry: :laughing:

Sure when my old man done his u just turned up, drove it, passed it, loaded it, and got earning/learning from it…well that what he’s told me it was like but he did his when trucks were still in black an white and ya load were either on the back or not when you got there :laughing: :unamused: :laughing:

Oh well only one road as usual for me, the uphill with a stick varient :laughing:

Another vote for the Android/iOS app route here.

The one I used has nearly all the official questions, and you can just keep doing mock tests until you are familiar with all the questions and answers. You can flag those you’re having trouble with, you can tell the app to only give you questions you’ve got wrong x number of times, so this all helps to focus your efforts on the ones you have trouble with.

I’m another 99/100 using this approach to learning. A small amount of money very well spent in my opinion.

Cheers ORC :sunglasses:

I’m on window’s so I shall go hunting, what I have found look a bit erm…■■■■ :laughing:

Cheers again Gents :sunglasses:

ORC:
I’m another 99/100 using this approach to learning.

I don’t know if you were like me but when i got the paper saying 99/100 i was ■■■■■■ off because I wanted to know what i got wrong? more than not getting 100% :imp:

The ones I used were:

The Official DVSA guide to driving heavy goods vehicles
The Official DVSA Theory Test for Drivers of LGV DVD
The official DVSA hazard perception DVD

The first one is a book with most of the information you’ll need to pass the theory tests and mod 2 tests, and the others are practice DVDs which give information and mock tests for the theory & hazard perception tests. As mentioned, there is a CPC book available from the DVSA which is a complete waste of time.

As for mod 2, I signed up with Driving theory 4 all although to be honest, it scared the life out of me as I kept struggling. However the real test was much more based on what’s in that book mentioned so don’t panic if it seems really hard.

trevHCS:
The ones I used were:

The Official DVSA guide to driving heavy goods vehicles
The Official DVSA Theory Test for Drivers of LGV DVD
The official DVSA hazard perception DVD

The first one is a book with most of the information you’ll need to pass the theory tests and mod 2 tests, and the others are practice DVDs which give information and mock tests for the theory & hazard perception tests. As mentioned, there is a CPC book available from the DVSA which is a complete waste of time.

As for mod 2, I signed up with Driving theory 4 all although to be honest, it scared the life out of me as I kept struggling. However the real test was much more based on what’s in that book mentioned so don’t panic if it seems really hard.

Top Man much appreciated :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Tbh the more I read the more I’m bricking it esp peoples notes about the computer needing two clicks per question or it shafts you…just what a academaphobe needs while quietly sitting terrified in a pool of his own detritus :frowning:

Bless ya all again for your input, and Merry Christmas to ya all :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Why make life so difficult?? It’s ALL free when you book C or CE with us.

£1215 TOTAL - includes 1:1 training, test, Mod2 training and test, Mod 4 training and test, free accommodation during the practical training if more than 70 miles away.

Entry into our Christmas Prize Draw (prize is a free course - complete with all the extras) when you pay £150 deposit before Dec 23rd. Also holds 2016 training at 2015 rates.

That’s gonna take some beating!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Why make life so difficult?? It’s ALL free when you book C or CE with us.

£1215 TOTAL - includes 1:1 training, test, Mod2 training and test, Mod 4 training and test, free accommodation during the practical training if more than 70 miles away.

Entry into our Christmas Prize Draw (prize is a free course - complete with all the extras) when you pay £150 deposit before Dec 23rd. Also holds 2016 training at 2015 rates.

That’s gonna take some beating!

:laughing: :laughing: Your desperate to see me turn up in my Essex whites and clip clop to my slaughter I can tell… :laughing:

Trouble is Pete I’ve no real knowledge of any of the theory stuff other than at best sum educated guesses :laughing:

So if a complete zero turns up, obvs with his provisional in hand how long a time of his training week would need to be spent getting all his mods before he could actually drive…is there an attempt level an time before you and dvsa say enough fails?

Secondly IF I booked before 23rd would I have too take first available slot for training or do you give a bit of leeway at all?

Many thanks Pete, I asked in a thread as I felt your probs near suicide with the amount I’ve asked already through pm’s, felt it best I hide for future benefit… :laughing:

Benjie83:
Tbh the more I read the more I’m bricking it esp peoples notes about the computer needing two clicks per question or it shafts you… :grimacing:

I would not worry, its just people being bitter that they did not pass it. and guess what it does not matter if you fail it, once or 5 times, as long as you pass in the end. just remember if you do fail it you can take it again, it never the end of the world :slight_smile:

So if a complete zero turns up, obvs with his provisional in hand how long a time of his training week would need to be spent getting all his mods before he could actually drive…is there an attempt level an time before you and dvsa say enough fails?

Cant happen. All the theory is done before we actually see you. You have an online training system + telephone support and you’ll pass like everyone else - don’t worry!

[/Secondly IF I booked before 23rd would I have too take first available slot for training or do you give a bit of leeway at all?
quote]

You have all of 2016 to do it. Is that enough leeway?!? Totally up to you how and when you do it. The £150 secures your training at current rates (they increase in March 2016) plus entry into the prize draw. And the prize is a free course. So maybe worth considering?

Many thanks Pete, I asked in a thread as I felt your probs near suicide with the amount I’ve asked already through pm’s, felt it best I hide for future benefit… :laughing:

I never tire of answering questions. Spend several hours most days helping folks out. Some aren’t and never will be customers but that isn’t the issue. I genuinely like to try and help.

Have fun! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Cant happen. All the theory is done before we actually see you. You have an online training system + telephone support and you’ll pass like everyone else - don’t worry!

[/Secondly IF I booked before 23rd would I have too take first available slot for training or do you give a bit of leeway at all?
quote]

You have all of 2016 to do it. Is that enough leeway?!? Totally up to you how and when you do it. The £150 secures your training at current rates (they increase in March 2016) plus entry into the prize draw. And the prize is a free course. So maybe worth considering?

I never tire of answering questions. Spend several hours most days helping folks out. Some aren’t and never will be customers but that isn’t

the issue. I genuinely like to try and help.

Have fun! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve just spotted it on your website… :blush:

So I pay the £30 and I get all the practice material/information I may need online?
What can I use for swatting up on things like tacho, working time element of the theory?
Sorry for the probably obvious Pete… :blush: :unamused:

It’s in the £30. Sorted.