LDV

although not a hgv subject, but as I was driving today I was looking at the vans on the road I suddenly thought about LDV vans,i have not seen any new ones,maybe I need my eyes checked but there are plenty of sprinters transits and others but no new LDVs,have they been phased out,just curious if any other driver has seen any 14/15 plate LDVs,this is not the most interesting post I realise that but its bugging me now that’s why I am asking

They went bust years ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDV_Group

Go and look at the LDV plant on Drews Lane Birmingham…It ain’t there! They finished pal. :wink:

Thank goodness. Hateful things.

bigvern1:
Go and look at the LDV plant on Drews Lane Birmingham…It ain’t there! They finished pal. :wink:

I’ve Delivered engines there from France
many years ago, well tried to deliver them, as they were closed on the Saturday afternoon ,ended up tipping them at a Gefco warehouse instead

truckman020:
i have not seen any new ones,maybe I need my eyes checked

To be fair, until the last few years it wasn’t very easy to distinguish the new ones, they’d didn’t look much different from the old ones.

bigvern1:

Their building the HS2 terminal on the site

LDV. The Rover of vans. Loyal followers, crap vehicles.

I drove a few LDV mini-buses about 10 years ago.They were on a par with Ford Transits ,not as good as a Sprinter IMO.

The last LDV I saw was struggling to get 30MPH climbing up towards Stainmore on the A66 and every single lorry was overtaking it like it was going backwards.

Good riddance, they were a crap gutless POS.

Back in my courier days we had a couple of LDVs in the fleet. Everyday was a fight in the traffic office no one wanted to drive them, genuinely the worst vehicle of any kind I’ve driven.

I spent 16 years driving one :frowning: well 3 different ones…

One is still sat in the yard sat waiting like one of those top gear cars when they do their road trips and no one wants their car to break down so they have to use it.

To be fair, that one could actually reach 70mph unlike the one before which had a top speed of 40… No joke. Driving the 300 mile round trip to Portsmouth was always a barrel of laughs.

I remember when it was announced they’d gone bust, someone on the tv commented that the the public was to blame for not buying British. Sorry but as BL found out and Rover, just because something is crap and British it’s not a reason to buy one.

Mate of mine had one as his race bus, ex police with a V8 petrol engine. I had a chipped Sprinter 316 but on a trip back north from Pembrey he left me for dead! Obviously I pretended to him that I was just taking it easy. :blush: :blush:

They had the nickname fright rover ,Gutless and rot boxes ,just like the older version the sherpa, but a few newer vans where just as bad like the vauxhall movano ( dubbed the slo-vano) another gutless POS, or the old shape Renault traffic or whatever the big noisy gutless turd of a van was called

the maoster:
Mate of mine had one as his race bus, ex police with a V8 petrol engine. I had a chipped Sprinter 316 but on a trip back north from Pembrey he left me for dead! Obviously I pretended to him that I was just taking it easy. :blush: :blush:

I bet it drank a lot of juice, Where you counting how many bits dropped off it

still made in China apparently.
I’ve driven some crap over the years but nothing came close to these abortions.
Van of the year 2005 !!!

tommy t:
I bet it drank a lot of juice, Where you counting how many bits dropped off it

It drank like That Ollie Reed fresh out of the clinic Tommy. Sadly I couldn’t keep up with it to see stuff falling off! :smiley:

Now made in china and selling in asia

del949:
Van of the year 2005 !!!

Must be like Truck of the Year…
…Everybody gets to win.