Latest scam from training/agency providers

Looking for newly qualified Lgv 2 drivers to work on the whistl contract for 12 months for buttons…

Getting away with paying below minimum wage because they label it as an apprenticeship.

Newbies don’t fall for this pish, plenty of compaines take newbies on.

Any new Class 2 driver should go straight to their local food service company (Bidvest, Brakes, 3663 etc) talk to the transport manager and start work the next day on proper money.

Looks like System Training has either been taken over, or they’ve completely changed from the recommended HGV driver training company they used to be. What they don’t mention is that the rate would only be legal for anyone aged 18 to 20 going by the government web site about this stuff, above that is has to be over £6 / hour which is still very very low.

Full Indeed ad:
indeed.co.uk/cmp/System-Trai … apprentice

Don’t Aspray24 do something similar… :unamused:

I suppose on the bright side they may have finally given up on convincing the government to train them on mass for them…

Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to System Training.

10 people have already applied to this job.
Apply Now

Another ten braindead moronic sheep to the slaughter, bloody idiots …

Evil8Beezle:
Don’t Aspray24 do something similar… :unamused:

I suppose on the bright side they may have finally given up on convincing the government to train them on mass for them…

Evil
Asprays go the whole hog it’s a job centre con they get the job centre to send them muppets who have to work for NOWT for 6 weeks with a “possible interview at the end”,and all they get is just their £72.40 job seekers its days nights and weekends max hours aswell.
If they don’t do it its considered turning down available work and they JSA is stopped as they are sanctioned,Asprays are 5 mins from work and wouldn’t work for em for proper money

Have I missed something here? The point of an apprenticeship is to gain qualifications along with on the job training. There’s no mention of qualifications in that advert, unless they’ll put you through the licenses, but it looks like they want someone who already has them.

Bit of a Mickley take IMO.

mrginge:
Any new Class 2 driver should go straight to their local food service company (Bidvest, Brakes, 3663 etc) talk to the transport manager and start work the next day on proper money.

What sort of money do they pay ?
Cheers

Albert1:

mrginge:

What sort of money do they pay ?
Cheers

I worked for Creed food service in Cheltenham (They have a depot in Ilkeston, Derbyshire as well) and I normally took £1900-£2000 home a month, no nights out but could be long days. I was there nearly 3yrs ago and we were on £10hr plus fuel bonus. The food companies pay well because its hard work ■■■■■■■ cages and sack trucks around all day.

Thats more per hour than most trampers get, 120hrs x £5.50 = £660 gross.

Stop moaning and get applying… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So if this is true, the old adage of the driver needs to be over 25 and two years experience for insurance is bollox then?
I understand for smaller operators about insurance but…

The next generation of saps are being primed into thinking this sort of thing is not only acceptable, but - more worryingly - the norm.

And the ■■■■■■■■■ of tptb is that - in due course - it shall indeed become so.

For anyone that has children, I pity you. Their Orwellian future is bleak, very bleak indeed.

But hey, at least they’ll have been taught to love it. :frowning:

To drive a truck u need C . In no way C is apprenticeship.

What kind of skill will you get after 12 month contract. ? None.
It is a scam and im sure with good lawyer u could get more money even after 12 month.

mrginge:

Money that’s rising to above that of Artic drivers of late too! :open_mouth:

£25k to start isn’t bad for a fresh C2 driver. Express an interest in “Permanent Shunter Lates/Nights” where I work - and you’ll be on a lot more than that too! :wink:

http://www.totaljobs.com/job/multidrop-driver/brakes-job66637990?WT.mc_id=A_RE_IDPPC_MP3_LGT_4

I’m currently going through an apprenticeship with Whistl but currently under the understanding of x number of months doing van work followed by Cat C training at some point (I hope). The money isn’t the problem so much, but the uncertainty is a concern.

Seeing this advert has diminished my trust a little bit in them, but the provider/trainer and place is different to mine fortunately.

At the moment they’re paying me to sit in with van drivers, learning their routes and such. However, I was with an agency guy last week but he randomly quit (possibly it was planned, who knows) and I was out on my own last Friday and will continue to cover until they have replaced him.

Mine was advertised as:

Apprenticeship summary
Drivers mate duties
Loading vehicles
Unloading vehicles
Adhering to health and safety
Working towards Category C licence
Vehicle safety checks

And the ‘cover’ is going to last just how long…? :open_mouth: :confused:

You’re no doubt cheaper to pay than the driver that just ‘quit randomly’…

You’ve been in the van and shown the routes…

Wonder if it takes days / weeks, or even months, before they get a new ‘better paid’ driver to replace the other driver while you’re out and about still doing the job CHEAPER…■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Goldfinger:
And the ‘cover’ is going to last just how long…? :open_mouth: :confused:

You’re no doubt cheaper to pay than the driver that just ‘quit randomly’…

You’ve been in the van and shown the routes…

Wonder if it takes days / weeks, or even months, before they get a new ‘better paid’ driver to replace the other driver while you’re out and about still doing the job CHEAPER…■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I have no doubt that it’ll pan out that way, there were some hints that I would need to ‘learn this route like the back of my hand’ quickly and it made me think I’d be on it soon.

All the guys I’ve spoken with in the firm have all said ‘so you’re the guy they’re training up to C and C+E one day blah blah’, but there’s no actual CAT C training timeline provided yet other than a basic 40 page long work hours/pay contract which has the usual job spiel in there.

Just gonna have to ■■■■ it and see for a while, but I guess a lot of the ‘apprenticeships’ are in this kind of format.

Unless the person starts without an HGV 2 licence, and end up with one this is not an apprentice and it break quite a few laws / regulations as the advert needs to say what qualifications the person end up with (if not the HGV 2).

zaax:
Unless the person starts without an HGV 2 licence, and end up with one this is not an apprentice and it break quite a few laws / regulations as the advert needs to say what qualifications the person end up with (if not the HGV 2).

+1

^^^^^ Yeh! I was wondering how they get around “MInimum Wages” when candidates are presumably going to be 18+ if not 21+?