Latest scam from training/agency providers

Winseer:

mrginge:
Any new Class 2 driver should go straight to their local food service company (Bidvest, Brakes, 3663 etc) talk to the transport manager and start work the next day on proper money.

Money that’s rising to above that of Artic drivers of late too! :open_mouth:

£25k to start isn’t bad for a fresh C2 driver. Express an interest in “Permanent Shunter Lates/Nights” where I work - and you’ll be on a lot more than that too! :wink:

Multidrop Driver job vacancies - with salary data

I applied for Brakes never heard anything so went PH. I’ve heard Brakes are good to work for from someone who was with them a long time.

As for that apprentice crap if people are stupid enough to do it without questioning it then they’ll get away with it for ages.

Get in there on agency. I probably would never have been offered a temp to perm position - had I not already been temp to start with eh?

Coming in from the outside - you need to approach the right manager with the right approach…

“I want to do the C2 multidrop runs” will practically have them locking you in before you can run away!

“I want to be a dedicated shunter, and learn the full range of shunting duties” - will probably have them offer you a job on the spot - as long as you already have the C2 licence of course.

I dunno if all the other depots are like this… I suppose I can only speak for Aylesford.

If these types of jobs were run properly with decent firms I think they would be ok for alot of young lads looking for a start in logistics.

The problem is its crap firms looking for very cheap labour EE aren’t cheap enough anymore so they need to go lower.

Well spotted merc0447.

Can we get a copy of this thread in the newbies forum as some posters may not visit this page or others could warn off anyone potentially daft enough to take this sort of stuff on. No doubt the people that fall for it will be tied in with paperwork in the 12 month contract.

If anyone is senseless enough to fall for that sort of garbage (and no doubt there will be) then quite franky they deserve their £5.50 an hour.

Just another mickey-taking exercise is all that is quite frankly. Not worth the paper its written on.

I still don’t know how they can get away with paying below minimum wage? :confused: :blush: