Latest on hard shoulders

the use of m42 ,s hard shoulder is the begining of the end for motorways,and not before time.it is a waste of road space.our country is to overcrouded and small to allow it to go on.the two lane motorways could have outer lane narrowed quite a bit to allow only car use then drop truck speed down to 50 as on duel carrigeways there is 101 things i could think of to allow the complete abandonment of motorways

no

Shut up…what the ■■■■ r u on about■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

using the hard shoulder is ok when every thing is running right . but what happens when one of the thousands of cars break down has a puncture or the driver turns ill . in my eyes it makes a dangerous situation even worse . apart from that fuse what you on mate as it takes me ten pints to dream up the type of crap you are spouting

its a disaster waiting to happen. Where you gona go when you blow a tyre, breakdown etc. in the middle of the rush hour

exactly my thoughts woody

i think were already working towards the 50 m.p.h limit as 99 % of trucks ive driven run at 53 m.p.h lately :unamused: :unamused:

Not sure about the M42 test coming to an end. I thought i heard announced on the radio today that the scheme is being applied to more motorways like the M6 etc…? Did i hear wrong?

Does anyone else share my thoughts that the M42 scheme works on the whole??

Lets face it, peak traffic flows, all doing the same speed and thererfore no-one lane jumping has to be better.

Use of the hard shoulder at peak times, lower speeds at those times and running to the next exit only, works in my opinion.

It can be frustrating I agree, but I can get from the M40 to the M6 with around 60% less hold up since this started.

If the schemes are put in the right places, there is no reason why any travel, although a bit slower, can be a bit less stressfull.

Waste of time, if they dont do it know it will just be done in about 10 years time.
Plus they are still going to need to put in emergency refuge areas so the cars can get some cover.
Should be interesting to see what really happens though.

JoeG:
Waste of time, if they dont do it know it will just be done in about 10 years time.
Plus they are still going to need to put in emergency refuge areas so the cars can get some cover.
Should be interesting to see what really happens though.

joe what you on come back in a few years when you get a license and stop posting what your old man has said

Not seen him today, hes still at work
so why dont you shut your mouth and pull your head out from up your arse :unamused:
Its what I thought when i heard it on the news.
Why dont you come back on here when you get a licence you didnt get from ebay. :laughing:

Mike-C:
Not sure about the M42 test coming to an end. I thought i heard announced on the radio today that the scheme is being applied to more motorways like the M6 etc…? Did i hear wrong?

yes on radio today, m6, m1 etc

i got mail off vosa today telling me its been a great success and its being extended to include between J4 to 5 and between J10a to 8 on the M6 in the midlands at the cost of £150m, doesn’t sound like they’re stopping it to me

big words from a child joe. would not expect anything different from someone posting on a professional drivers forum that does not even drive a car why not go out and get a girlfriend instead of talking about something you know nothing about . there is a new and wannabe forum for the likes of you

biggusdickusgb:
i got mail off vosa today telling me its been a great success and its being extended to include between J4 to 5 and between J10a to 8 on the M6 in the midlands at the cost of £150m, doesn’t sound like they’re stopping it to me

I really dont understand why they didn’t toll the existing M6 between the M42 and M5, and have the new bit free.

The toll’s are to high and it hasn’t done anything to help the congestion between J10 and J4.

Now they are going to spend loads of dosh on this. Why don’t they just purchase the toll motorway and be done with it?

Sorry - Rant over, :laughing:

Darby Flyer:
Does anyone else share my thoughts that the M42 scheme works on the whole??

Lets face it, peak traffic flows, all doing the same speed and thererfore no-one lane jumping has to be better.

Use of the hard shoulder at peak times, lower speeds at those times and running to the next exit only, works in my opinion.

It can be frustrating I agree, but I can get from the M40 to the M6 with around 60% less hold up since this started.

If the schemes are put in the right places, there is no reason why any travel, although a bit slower, can be a bit less stressfull.

Your spot on m8 :smiley:

I must run through it 4 time a day , in morning and afternoon peak times and it does run better.

There are also that meny cameras on that strech if someone breaks down etc the hard shoulder is closed very quickly if they cant get into the emergency bays. And to date there have been no serious accidents caused by the Traffic Management .

When this went live i thought it would bring chaos but infact its made it a bit easyer to drive

matt f:
big words from a child joe. would not expect anything different from someone posting on a professional drivers forum that does not even drive a car why not go out and get a girlfriend instead of talking about something you know nothing about . there is a new and wannabe forum for the likes of you

Matt, i’m probably bigger then you, so i wouldnt be so cocky behind your keyboard.
I dont see anyone else complaining, so why complain yourself. Get yourself a hobby.
PM me if you want to carry it on.

matt f:

Matt you’re a baliff right? I reckon you’d be a big guy? And you know Joe is 16/18 or whatever and you never miss an opportunity to pick on him. Have you any idea why a lot of people think baliffs are bullying scum?

I never thought it would but the M42 hard shoulder use works well and for the most part people stick to the speed limits, call it what you like but as a frequent M42 user I can definitely say it does work… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: