Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

So Jenny took a shunt looking by the second picture? :smiley:

Congrats to all, you can’t ask for better advertising than this, although I didn’t get any cakes on my training. :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
So Jenny took a shunt looking by the second picture? :smiley:

No mate, the second picture was taken as Jenny was pulling forward into position before the reverse.
I think I know what you’re getting at though, cos Jenny did the simplified version without the swerve around the flag cone, so there was only the slightest of a swerve for her to do.

Evil8Beezle:
Congrats to all, you can’t ask for better advertising than this, although I didn’t get any cakes on my training. :laughing:

Cakes aside for now… it’s quite a straightforward concept at Peter’s place… they do what they say they’ll do and then they do it in an uncomplicated way.

Given that Jenny isn’t going to attempt LGV training, this was an excellent opportunity for her to have an artic ‘experience’ without it being too difficult for her.

I will always recommend PSTT after the experience I had with them. I did my Class 2, Class 1 and ADR with them. If I had to do my own CPC I’d do with PSTT in a heartbeat.

So that’s it folks! Many thanks to all those who have taken advantage and registered with us.

If you missed it, the Open Day is tomorrow with it’s own offers. So maybe all is not quite lost!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It’s always good to get positive reviews. But this is the second glowing review from another trainer (the other one was John at Flair Training) in the last month or so. Joe Public knows that he’s enjoyed the experience and got the result but other good trainers realise what goes in to making it look easy.

Thanks for the review Dave; it means a lot.

Anyone wanting to just have a go at playing with an artic is welcome to our Open Day from 9am tomorrow (Saturday 1st). Alternatively, book an assessment or simply call in during office hours for a guided tour of the training centre.

Some great offers to be had tomorrow ONLY.

So, after a weekend of madness, we return to “normality”. For those who are new to the forum, this means that you get 10% discount simply for quoting your Trucknet name. And for our customers who are more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW, we provide accommodation completely free of charge for the duration of the practical training.

No matter where you live, we’ll organise your medical near your home, online theory training and we’ll book your theory tests at your local theory test centre. Then you simply come to us to do the exciting stuff. We give you options of completing the training/test over 3, 4 or 5 days (whichever suits you) and you’ll always take your test at our private driving test centre on site. So your test starts exactly where you’ve been practicing your reversing etc.

All the instructors are committed to your success and are fully trained, tested and registered with National Vocational Driving Instructor Register. The same goes for our centre which is DSVA accredited and can also be found on the approved centre list on the same register. lgvregister.org.uk

Our CAT C trucks are specified for training and are all purchased brand new. We consider that you shouldn’t be learning in a truck that’s more than 3 or 4 years old. This is a long way from normal within the industry.

Our CAT CE trucks are full size artics. Yes, a tad daunting when you first climb aboard. But then the excitement and the challenge click in and the experience is fantastic. For our customers who don’t fancy that route, we also offer drawbar (wagon and drag) which is a little easier and produces the same licence. But then we strongly recommend that you have a Conversion Course to learn the differences between the w+d and artic.

Failing the test is a huge worry for many folks. It’s expensive and time consuming. So we do everything we can to maximise the chances of the first time pass. And we achieve this a lot more often than most other trainers. But sometimes things do go wrong and a retest is needed. This has a cost of £300. We offer a Pass Protection for the same amount which will pay for up to THREE retests including the test fees (more than £300 before you start) and the hire of the vehicle for the test. This has a total possible value of £900. But the best bit about it is that, having taken the worry of failing the test out of the equation, the first time pass is even more likely. It’s a bit like insuring your car. You pay your money and really hope you wont get anything in return.

We have a fully staffed office and someone is always on hand to show anyone around the training centre, sit in trucks, explain all the process. I can be contacted personally via pm on Trucknet and I’m happy to help whether or not you’re my customer.

Having been teaching folks how to drive trucks for over 40 years, I can confidently say that I know most of the answers. So just fire away.

If you’re thinking about booking training, go and look at the facilities on offer. Make sure there is a correctly marked reversing area for your practice, that the trucks seem to be in good order and that the instructors are qualified - and ask for evidence of this.

The ONLY time you should book without visiting is on rock solid recommendation. A look through Trucknet will demonstrate we have nothing to hide.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Like it says in the title, free cpc (either Mod 4 training, test and vehicle for test) OR 35 hours - whichever is applicable to you. This applies ONLY to booking deposits taken on Tuesday 18th April. You can either call our office between 0800 and 1700 on Tuesday or leave your number on a pm with a convenient time for us to call you.

By doing so, you aren’t committing to anything. But we’ll answer you questions and, if you choose to book, you’ll be asked for £150 deposit. You can take your training anytime during 2017.

The offer applies to all full C, CE and D so you can potentially get two lots of cpc FREE just by paying the deposit x 2.

There’s no catch, no smoke, no mirrors. Just another genuine offer.

Leave it till Wednesday and you’ll miss it!!

Good luck all, and have a great weekend.

Hi Pete,

Does this offer still include the 10% Trucknet discount and free accommodation, I’d be looking to do both C and C+E?

I have C1 entitlement on my licence as I passed my car test before 1997 so I understand that I would be exempt from mods 2 and 4 and that the driver training can contribute to the CPC, is that correct? Also, with the two lots of CPC to do, any advice you could give regarding which modules I would need to do would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Tim

Timbo12:
Hi Pete,

Does this offer still include the 10% Trucknet discount and free accommodation, I’d be looking to do both C and C+E?

I have C1 entitlement on my licence as I passed my car test before 1997 so I understand that I would be exempt from mods 2 and 4 and that the driver training can contribute to the CPC, is that correct? Also, with the two lots of CPC to do, any advice you could give regarding which modules I would need to do would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Tim

If you do both C and CE then I reckon you could get 28 hours of the 35 needed followed by a 7 hour course on drivers hours/tachos to make up the full 35

Did I get that right Pete :question:

Yes ROG. 10/10!

As ROG said, use the C and CE courses to gain 28 hours then do 1 day in the classroom (would suggest tachos and hours) to make up the 35. But, in addition to that, we’ll give you vouchers to use for a further 35 hours as you’re entitlement is free cpc for each course. And you will only have had one lot of cpc doing it this way. When you come back (if you choose to do the free cpc with us) you will then have covered the subsequent 5 year period - ie you’ll be covered till 2027.

Free accommodation if more than 70 miles away and 10% Trucknet discount.

Must state Trucknet user name when booking as these offers are for Trucknet users ONLY.

Remember the offer is for deposits received on Tuesday 18th and will not be repeated for a while.

Any questions, pm me, post on the thread or call the office on Tuesday 01623 555661 between 0800 and 1700.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Time is nearly up! Simply pm your number to me with times that are convenient for us to call you OR give us a call between 0800 - 1700 Tuesday 18th. The number is 01623 555661. No obligation, just all your questions answered together with the Easter offer.

Please, no more pm’s. To take advantage of the offer, please call the office direct on 01623 555661 between 0800 and 1700 TODAY!!

Have a great day, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

OFFER ENDED

currently driving coaches looking into taking me class 1 after class 2
As I Already have cpc for Psv will I still have to do a full cpc course for hgv & can anyone shed any light on the rumour I’ve heard that psv drivers are likely to be given cat c entitlement as for example I currently drive a 15m tri axcle coach which is bigger than any class 2 & ulw is 19,500kg yet I can’t drive a 7.5 tonne wagon

Your DCPC that you got with your PSV will cover you for HGV’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Cat C entitlement rumour has been going around for ages, when they changed law in 1996, they said as a PSV class 1 Driver you would get a Cat C to drive HGV class 2, it never happened and I’m not sure it will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueiain1967:

Only if the driver already has at least LGV C1 on their licence

ROG:

blueiain1967:

So if I do class 2 & 1 with my psv cpc I’ll be covered for trucks ■■

Mack881:

ROG:

blueiain1967:

So if I do class 2 & 1 with my psv cpc I’ll be covered for trucks ■■

What year did you pass car test :question:
Is PCV & LGV on your DQC :question:

I passed my car test in march 2008
I haven’t got lgv on it biggest goods vehicle I can drive at the moment is 3.5 tonne van