Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

All you need to do is call the office and add it to your booking. For regulation purposes, regarding the driver cpc, this has to be notified in advance.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
All you need to do is call the office and add it to your booking. For regulation purposes, regarding the driver cpc, this has to be notified in advance.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Thanks Peter I’ll give them a call.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

FULL C or CE COURSE - £999 incl VAT & TEST

Our Lincoln driver training centre and private driving test centre is opening soon and we’re taking bookings from the start of June. We are reliant on DVSA providing an examiner so these dates have to be flexible initially.(If earlier dates become available, options will be offered to move forward).

No other offers or discounts apply.

Residential available at cost.

Be one of our first fully paid 12 CAT C customers at Lincoln and you will be entered into a free Prize Draw for a CE course at a cost of just £500 fully inclusive!

At last, your opportunity to train and test at Lincoln.

To book, simply call our office 01623 555661, and leave £150 deposit.

Even if you’re not ready to train eg not applied for Provisional Licence, you can still secure your £999 course by registering with us and leaving £150 deposit. Training to be taken before end 2017.

We offer a complete service from medical, theory training, theory tests, Mod 2, Mod 4. Everything arranged for you with one phone call.

Don’t miss out!! Offer wont last for ever!!

Thanks to everyone for their continued support.

Peter Smythe:
FULL C or CE COURSE - £999 incl VAT & TEST

Our Lincoln driver training centre and private driving test centre is opening soon and we’re taking bookings from the start of June. We are reliant on DVSA providing an examiner so these dates have to be flexible initially.(If earlier dates become available, options will be offered to move forward).

No other offers or discounts apply.

Residential available at cost.

Be one of our first fully paid 12 CAT C customers at Lincoln and you will be entered into a free Prize Draw for a CE course at a cost of just £500 fully inclusive!

At last, your opportunity to train and test at Lincoln.

To book, simply call our office 01623 555661, and leave £150 deposit.

Even if you’re not ready to train eg not applied for Provisional Licence, you can still secure your £999 course by registering with us and leaving £150 deposit. Training to be taken before end 2017.

We offer a complete service from medical, theory training, theory tests, Mod 2, Mod 4. Everything arranged for you with one phone call.

Don’t miss out!! Offer wont last for ever!!

Thanks to everyone for their continued support.

Hi Pete, just getting serious about my training no, hoping to have it all done by the end of may. does this offer not start until June, sorry if this is a stoopid question!
Looking to do C and CE training back to back.
Thanks in advance, Keith.

Hi Pete, just getting serious about my training no, hoping to have it all done by the end of may. does this offer not start until June, sorry if this is a stoopid question!
Looking to do C and CE training back to back.
Thanks in advance, Keith.

This is a new site, currently under development. So it’s not possible to train there until it’s open - which will be June provided DSVA can find an examiner for us!

BTW, it’s impossible to do C and CE “back to back”. Having passed C we have to wait for DVLA to issue your full licence together with your CE provisional. So it’s normally around 4 weeks between courses.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter,

Will you be offering the Sat, Sun & Mon courses at Lincoln?

Also could i have the postcode if possible just to check the distance from where i am please?

Doubtful if the weekend course with a Monday test will be on offer as the tests are expected to be on Fridays at the moment.

I don’t have the postcode as I’m at home but “Saxilby” will get you within a mile.

Sorry I cant be any more help.

No problem Peter i guess the 3 day course is available as an option though?

I imagine this can be made to happen. We do it regularly at our main centre but there are many vehicles and trainers based there. Well worth a phone call.

NEW COURSE

Without question, the biggest cause of hassle on a CE course is the reversing. Makes no difference if it’s w+d or artic - still stressful. Sometimes the reverse becomes the biggest obstacle between the candidate and a test pass. As a result, instructors end up spending longer than they would prefer on the reversing area and, consequently, less time on the road.

So I’ve dreamt up what I think is a solution. Our candidates can now book a 2.5hr session just to learn the reversing and, if time, the coupling and uncoupling. This means that they have a terrific headstart when it comes to the course and more time can be spent on the road. The reversing will still be practiced regularly of course.

By taking the reversing element away from the main course, the candidate has less to absorb in such a concentrated period. So I believe this is the way forward.

If any of my candidates would like to arrange this session, it’s simply a phone call away. Cost is £99. For our residential customers, we can offer the same by extending the course by 2.5hrs at the same additional cost. Naturally, this is purely optional and some will prefer to stick to the normal course.

Available at Sutton in Ashfield and Lincoln.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Does this offer apply at Sutton-in-Ashfield or is it Lincoln only?

Available at both locations. Have edited my previous post to make it clear. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi Pete,

Do you still have free retest offer available at your main site?

At the moment, yes. Offer will be ending very soon. But simply paying £150 deposit secures the deal. Then train anytime during 2017.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Our current offers (can be found in the Sponsor Thread) end at close of business Friday 31st March. This is for both Sutton in Ashfield and Lincoln.

To secure your training and the current offers, simply call the office 01623 555661, register and pay your £150 deposit. You can take the training anytime to suit you in 2017. So you don’t even need your provisional licence to take advantage.

The Trucknet 10% discount and free accommodation (if more than 70 miles away) will remain.

hi all,

I trained for my Class 2 and passed 1st time with Peter Smythe, passed on the 21st of this month. I did my CPC Mod 4 there also, they were great from start to finish. I had Dave training me in the truck and again he was great nothing but good advise. I would recommend this place to anyone to learn. The big advantage is it being a test centre so you are always on test routes and the reversing area is where you take it on test day.

Thanks to all at peter Smythe Transport Training

:smiley: :smiley:

Just to give you all another chance of seeing this!!

FRIDAY IS THE LAST DAY!!

After being allowed to sit in several artics at Truckfest my partner Jenny had mentioned that she fancied having a little drive in one, but opportunities are few and far between because she would have to undergo the whole rigmarole of applying for a provisional LGV licence and the medical etc before being allowed out on the road, so the idea had pretty much ended as a pipe-dream. :frowning:

I’ve kept this in mind and noticed that PSTT offers an open day, but the date wasn’t suitable… but then one of my customers asked me to do a site visit fairly nearby, so a speculative PM was sent. :smiley:

Peter made time for Jenny to have an artic ‘experience’ without the need to go out on the road and personally delivered it for her.

THANKS PETER :smiley:

After a quick briefing from Peter, Jenny takes to the wheel and sets off confidently.

Img_1126_2TN.jpg

Getting lined up ready for the reverse

Image3TN.jpg

There was even time for a smile on the way…

Image1TN.jpg

…before a perfect entry and stop in the ‘garage.’

Image13TN6.jpg

Job done, let’s head for the brew room for tea and cakes! :smiley:

Now to the point of the story. :wink:

Jenny has never driven anything other than a car.
Like most people, Jenny was somewhat apprehensive before taking control of a full size artic loaded and prepared to LGV C+E test standard.
As an ex-LGV instructor who observed the whole process, I can say this without fear of contradiction… it’s a testament to Peter’s instructional ability that he was able to get Jenny settled in and reversing an artic so quickly. It was simply efficient and without any fuss whatsoever. Anything else would have been over-complicated.

If anybody needs a place to train, including those of a nervous disposition, I can’t think of a better place to go than to PSTT.

Not being one to stint on a site visit, we also checked out the brew room. The cakes were nice too. :wink: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: