Last thread.

Hello Guys & Gals.
I’m going to make this my last thread on TrucknetUK.

I have very much enjoyed being a part of this Forum for over 10 years, wrote & read some very interesting threads.
Some of you might remember that I sold my small transport company last year and I decided to do something new.
Well I did some agency work a couple of days a week while studying to become a Estate Agent.
So now that I’ve started selling & leasing property & it’s a totally different way of working ( yes, people still buy property in times of Corona).
I have over the last 6 months totally lost interest in trucks & the transport world in general.
I want to take this time to thank the people that have supported me the last few months that are on here.

Also, I want to wish everyone on here the very best for the future.
Best of luck to you all.

Regards, Geoffo.

Enjoy your new career at least you are still in a profession that the general public view with disdain so you’ll be well used to that, good luck in the future, your posts were always among the more informative on here

Mazzer2:
Enjoy your new career at least you are still in a profession that the general public view with disdain so you’ll be well used to that, good luck in the future, your posts were always among the more informative on here

Thanks Mazzer 2.
Had someone else give me a similar comment about being liked by the general public :smiley:

You say you’ve lost interest in trucks and transport.
So have I…for the last 20 years. :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck for the future mate, don’t abandon the forum, just keep dipping into it from time to time if you get bored.
We still need to maintain outnumbeing the f/whit contingent on here. :smiley:

Sorry to hear that mate, always enjoyed you comments and photos. As Rob says there’s no stopping you looking in when you’re bored. All the best anyway!

best of luck mate, but i am confused as to you studying to be a estate agent i thought they were the same as the pointy shoe brigade, agency reps and the only qualification they needed was to be a lying ,slimy backstabbing ■■■■■■■■ :neutral_face:

p.s geoffo,not suggesting you are proably different in cloggy land… :smiley: :wink:

And very good luck to you. That is s complete change of Tack from lorry driver to Estate agent ! hope it all works out for you, like the others say, pop in now and again to shoot the fat and tell us all of life outside Transport :slight_smile:

I really thought I would miss this game when I was a few weeks from retirement. I waited a short while after retirement and renewed my licence under the covid ‘no medical required’ so I could at least stand in for holiday relief, sickness no shows, ect.
I have done a few days, but do turn down nights and London work, but now am beginning to realise that I actually hate the industry now!..I dread when the phone rings or I get a whatsapp notification thinking it is the old firm asking me to go in :open_mouth:
This time, when it runs out it wont get renewed.

A shame. Always had you in the ‘I’ll read your post’ category because you know what you’re on about.

Still all the best with the future career, hope it works out well for you!

Best of luck.
Bet you’ll miss the Mistral ripping across a dusty Fos sur Med.
Or maybe not! [emoji3]

Best of luck, I’ve enjoyed reading your views.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Thank you.
I’m pleasantly surprised that anyone even remembers me let alone read my posts.
It’s much appreciated.
M.a.n. rules, The Real estate industry is still trying to shake off its old reputation.
Luckily things have dramatically changed for the better, and yes, the Belgian market is different to the UK one.

Pointed shoes…I’ll be on the lookout for some of those :smiley: .

Have you got one of those dodgy cameras that make in the inside of a pokey flat look like Downton :smiley: :smiley:

All the best - but don’t give up your licence…you might need it one day.

As the famous Diesel Dog said, drivers now are just kebab meat , bums on seats wearing hi-vis while driving.
Sad to see you go.

Hey geoffo, Best of luck with the new career, I always enjoyed your posts.
I do understand the loss of interest in this world of transport, so compliments for starting something different.
Gaan we je nu op tv zien in huizenjacht ? :sunglasses:

Geoffo:
Thank you.
It’s much appreciated.
M.a.n. rules, The Real estate industry is still trying to shake off its old reputation.
Luckily things have dramatically changed for the better, and yes, the Belgian market is different to the UK one.

thanks for that mate, am i right in thinking that its more a renting culture in benelux rather than buying…

bald:
Hey geoffo, Best of luck with the new career, I always enjoyed your posts.
I do understand the loss of interest in this world of transport, so compliments for starting something different.
Gaan we je nu op tv zien in huizenjacht ? :sunglasses:

:smiley: . My Wife’s cousin was on that show earlier this year.
I’m sure I’ll miss transport at some stage, but not at the moment.

m.a.n rules:

Geoffo:
Thank you.
It’s much appreciated.

thanks for that mate, am i right in thinking that its more a renting culture in benelux rather than buying…

Belgium is about 70% /30% in favour of buying… The Netherlands is more 50/50.

Socketset:
Have you got one of those dodgy cameras that make in the inside of a pokey flat look like Downton :smiley: :smiley:

All the best - but don’t give up your licence…you might need it one day.

I’ll have to inquire about one of those ‘Estate Agent’ cameras :smiley: .

Thanks to everyone for the 'best wishes '.
It’s not easy trying something totally different to what I’ve been doing for the last 35years.
But you can teach Old dogs new tricks. :slight_smile: .

Best of luck in the new career Geoffo. I’m the same having finished last year as well, my interest in trucks has lessened considerably.