Last minute bargain!

Have you changed to 8 hour training days on a permanent basis now Pete?

No. But I will continue to offer a flexible approach to suit the candidate. In this case, this was the solution. For someone else it could be totally different.

It’s to do with having the flexibility the customer demands and backing it up with trainers who know the job inside out and can cope with the varying pressures thrown at them.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Have you changed to 8 hour training days on a permanent basis now Pete?

It’s to do with having the flexibility the customer demands and backing it up with trainers who know the job inside out and can cope with the varying pressures thrown at them.

And how to sell a course so not to lose the test fee?

Paul :smiley:

We completely prefer training 2:1 over an 8 hour day. I’m not going to start the old debate again but that is how we find we get the best results.

With 1 to 1 over a full 8 hours I have to completely adapt my training style to include a lot more demonstration driving to break it up for the candidate.

1 to 1 over 4 hours is about the limit for effective learning.

The main reason the 2:1 works is that we train the test routes throughout the entire course and the candidates get used to concentrating at test level for 1 hour each time. They then spend the following hour seeing things from the examiners perspective. This makes them realise how easy it is to spot someone else making mistakes!

Bored now! Can we talk about something else?!

When I worked for a company as a instructor the Training times for a driver on a 1-1 basis was 8.30am to 4.00pm, personally I found this too long and tiring for the candidate having said this the company had done it this way for years and are a good reputable company.

Now I run my own company I find 4 hours 1-1 is sufficent ( proof is in the pass rate)

Having more free time gives me the chance to get quicker re-tests if needed and have time to catch up on paper work, walk the dog and cook the wife’s tea etc

Peter Smythe:

Ok Pete how about wagon and drag versus artic lol!

elmet training:

Peter Smythe:

Ok Pete how about wagon and drag versus artic lol!

that’s proper driving :wink:

Sorry, need to try again! Still boring!!

Peter Smythe:
It’s up to the customer how he does his own training and, as always, has had a number of options presented to him.

I quite often train folks in a 2 or 3 day period without any problems at all.

There is no “best” way. Everyone is different and will respond in their own way. Skilled instructors can deal with their reactions and learning curves professionally and produce the results - more often than not.

Totally agree with the above , there is no one size fits all, if candidates are given the option whats the problem? Can’t see why another trainer would want to argue that the offer is not a good price, and has only been done to avoid losing a test fee, comments like that will not improve your professionalism on a forum . :neutral_face:

I have nothing but respect for Pete. I’ve been down to meet him a couple of times.
As a member on this forum I am entitled to my express my opinions and views from another perspective and and sometimes other members will not always agree with my comments but hopefully it makes interesting reading.

elmet training:
I have nothing but respect for Pete. I’ve been down to meet him a couple of times.
As a member on this forum I am entitled to my express my opinions and views from another perspective and and sometimes other members will not always agree with my comments but hopefully it makes interesting reading.

Your can’t beat a good old debate on a forum :smiley:

Just an update. The guy who took the course doesn’t seem to have had the opportunity to post. So I’ll do a quick update. The course was purchased by a fella from Liverpool.

He travelled from Liverpool to our location at Peterborough and completed all his training and test in just over 2 days.

And he passed.

So maybe it’s worth travelling for quality training.

Hi Pete,

Can you please tell me if its possible to do C+E training at Peterborough over the course of two weekends?

My guess is that this could be made to happen. Give the office a call during normal hours and have a chat. There’s always a way.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Can you please tell me if its possible to do C+E training at Peterborough over the course of two weekends?

YES