Last minute bargain!

Peter Smythe:

If it helps I live close to the base that is used at Peterborough and I can give you the number of a pub that do B+B its nothing fancy it is normally used by contracters in the area but I think its about £25 a night which would save you a bob or two and its only a 15 drive to where the Peterborough location is based, as for the time you are not having your lessons its about 10 mins to the centre of Peterborough so you could always just take a drive in your car to get to know test routes etc

Thanks Chris. Is it the Hero at Wittlesea?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The Hero or the BEE both do bed and breakfast so does the boat

Dave told me about the Hero. Thanks very much for the others. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I still need to do mod 2 and 4, plus I want to do my CE, how long is the offer of free Cpc for?

The plan is to include driver cpc for the long term to avoid the confusion and be more transparent with costs. So, for as long as promotional rates are running at PB you can get either C or CE with free cpc. Each course is £1000 incl VAT, test and 1:1 training.

There will come a time when we don’t have to offer promotional rates so the price WILL increase. But, to the best of my belief, the driver cpc offer is long term.

My advice is to book your course for whenever suits you, pay £150 deposit, and that will secure the training you want at the best price.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

How many days could you compress the training into Pete?

Start Tuesday - test Thursday. At a massive push and being very pressured, start Wednesday with late test Thursday (subject to availability).

And, if applicable, cpc hours to be had at small extra charge.

Peter Smythe:
Start Tuesday - test Thursday. At a massive push and being very pressured, start Wednesday with late test Thursday (subject to availability).

Now that is a massive push. My thoughts would have to be a natural driver to pass in that short time.

Paul :smiley:

elmet training:

Peter Smythe:

Now that is a massive push. My thoughts would have to be a natural driver to pass in that

IMO 2 days training including test for £550 not a massive bargain.

Sorry Pete

Test fee £115
VAT £72.50

That leaves £362.50 for 17 hours incl test.

I think that £21.32 an hour IS a bargain and I defy anyone to tell me differently.

It’s nothing to do with “days”. It’s to do with the amount of time in the truck. And the value of that can be doubled for 1:1 training.

In my book, this is just ridiculous. Just trying to keep the trainer busy as we get started. This is clearly below cost.

But if folks cant see this as a genuine offer, not my fault. I tried!!

I’m answering my phone this afternoon if anyone wants to take advantage.

Peter Smythe:

I still need to do mod 2 and 4, plus I want to do my CE, how long is the offer of free Cpc for?

The plan is to include driver cpc for the long term to avoid the confusion and be more transparent with costs. So, for as long as promotional rates are running at PB you can get either C or CE with free cpc. Each course is £1000 incl VAT, test and 1:1 training.

There will come a time when we don’t have to offer promotional rates so the price WILL increase. But, to the best of my belief, the driver cpc offer is long term.

My advice is to book your course for whenever suits you, pay £150 deposit, and that will secure the training you want at the best price.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you for the info Pete. Let’s see what the future holds once I have a bit more cash

Peter Smythe:

Test fee £115
VAT £72.50

I think that £21.32 an hour IS a bargain and I defy anyone to tell me differently.

It’s nothing to do with “days”. It’s to do with the amount of time in the truck. And the value of that can be doubled for 1:1 training.

I

Quite agree on the above, My experience is that 4 hours training is enough for a day after this fatigue tends to effect the candidate so nothing is really gained.

But this is my view.

GONE!

Peter Smythe:

Test fee £115
VAT £72.50

In my book, this is just ridiculous. Just trying to keep the trainer busy as we get started. This is clearly below cost.

But if folks cant see this as a genuine offer, not my fault. I tried!!

I’m answering my phone this afternoon if anyone wants to take advantage.

I think it’s a bargain, I paid £970 for 18 hours plus test.

noney82:

Peter Smythe:

I think it’s a bargain, I paid £970 for 18 hours plus test.

Unless the candidate has had a prior assessment I’m sorry trying to cram 17 hours into 2 days including test is not good practice especially on a complete novice!

It can be done with a experienced C driver upgrading to CE.

Tin hat time maybe

I got the choice, 4 hour or 8 hour blocks. I did the 8, but everyone is different as you say it can be too much, I found it very exhausting but I coped we had. Regular breaks. Anyway I passed with only 4 minors so all well that ends well :smiley:

Really pleased you passed, you must of been of a a good standard to drive a truck from the start of training.

My entire point is a 16 hour course including test is best conducted over 4 days rather than 2 or 3 days. It’s good for the trainee to mentally digest the training over several good night sleeps.

It’s up to the customer how he does his own training and, as always, has had a number of options presented to him.

I quite often train folks in a 2 or 3 day period without any problems at all.

There is no “best” way. Everyone is different and will respond in their own way. Skilled instructors can deal with their reactions and learning curves professionally and produce the results - more often than not.

Peter Smythe:
There is no “best” way. Everyone is different and will respond in their own way. Skilled instructors can deal with their reactions and learning curves professionally and produce the results - more often than not.

Ok not going to argue we all have our different training styles and techniques.

End of the day we are all out to sell courses and provide a good service to the customer.

One has to take into account training to drive a truck is mentally tiring.

elmet training:
Really pleased you passed, you must of been of a a good standard to drive a truck from the start of training.

My entire point is a 16 hour course including test is best conducted over 4 days rather than 2 or 3 days. It’s good for the trainee to mentally digest the training over several good night sleeps.

Thank you Paul, your right it is very mentally tiring trying to digest everything. Everyone is different and has different abilities. We had regular pit stops so I was given time to relax and stretch. I guess different companies do things differently too one of the ways of life I guess. Anyway isn’t it a lovely day. :smiley:

Anyway isn’t it a lovely day. :smiley:

Certainly is. And especially for the three that have passed today.

Methinks the method works!

Peter Smythe:

Methinks the method works!

Have you changed to 8 hour training days on a permanent basis now Pete?