Lane Makings M6 J2 - J3

What a mess those lane markings are. At times it looks like it’s just 2 lanes. It’s got one lane (3) marked alongside the barrier then the other space has that many lines and luminous spacers being used its hard to see what’s what. V poor!

I know and if your driving into the sun when it’s out
You can’t even see where the lanes are.
Just have to slow down and hope your in the lane.

There are a few stretches of works like that.
Can see the original markings . Then the tempory ones then more tempory ones where theve rearranged the road layout.
When.going though road works these days I tend to just stay in lane 1 and stay there. Is safer know where the lane is.
And don’t feel boxed .in. Like I do when I use the middle.lane

I stopped using the middle lane there a few weeks ago when i got my nearside mirror pushed in not damaged but completely folded in, that was scary stuck in the middle lane with absolutely no nearside mirror just had to stick left indicater on for ages then hazard lights and ever so slowly creep over to the inside lane and luckily i think people had seen what was going on and let me over.

They’ve blacked out the old markings yet in the sun they look like they’re the actual markings. Particularly where the road sweeps out and then back in again. Ok in a car as you’ve a bit of leeway but in a truck you’ve got a small margin of error. Followed a car through there the other night who had straddled the actual lane marking they were that confused.

edd1974:
I know and if your driving into the sun when it’s out
You can’t even see where the lanes are.
Just have to slow down and hope your in the lane.

There are a few stretches of works like that.
Can see the original markings . Then the tempory ones then more tempory ones where theve rearranged the road layout.
When.going though road works these days I tend to just stay in lane 1 and stay there. Is safer know where the lane is.
And don’t feel boxed .in. Like I do when I use the middle.lane

I was in lane 2 as I passed the queuing traffic coming off at J2 and to avoid the joining traffic further on. Totally lost my bearings.