lane hoggers

I can’t honestly say I’ve noticed a big increase in middle lane hoggers apart from the holiday traffic which is normal at this time of year.
Personally I wouldn’t care if people drive at 50 if they would keep to the left lane so I stood a chance of passing legally :unamused:

There is a name for these 50 mph drivers I saw it in a paper the other day!

CLOGs

Centre Lane Owners Group

The_Catman:
So you drive a Hyundai Accent, oh dear :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

Mmmmmm…and then hell froze over… :laughing:

This driving in the middle lane is nothing new!
There was an nostalgic item in our local rag a couple of weeks ago about when the M6 first opened around the Keele area.There was a photo of a stretch of M6 just south of junction 15,and there was only one car to be seen,AND HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE ■■■■■■■ LANE!

bestbooties:
This driving in the middle lane is nothing new!
There was an nostalgic item in our local rag a couple of weeks ago about when the M6 first opened around the Keele area.There was a photo of a stretch of M6 just south of junction 15,and there was only one car to be seen,AND HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE [zb] LANE!

Ah, but that was before they became politically correct and called the lanes 1, 2 and 3 etc.

Then we only had golliwogs, the slow lane, the middle lane, and the fast lane :stuck_out_tongue:

scanny77:
it isnt undertaking when you pass on the inside like that. They are causing an obstruction and you are getting past it. If they dont move over i pass on the inside. With 2 lanes what else can you do? :confused:

I must admit I haven’t got an up to date Highway code,but I remember it always used to say that one of the exceptions was when passing on the inside of a slower moving line of traffic.
This is what we would normally do if we are in lane 1 and traffic in lane 2 and 3 starts backing up,we would continue along lane 1 as long as there was no other traffic there.After all,if the traffic has come to a halt in lanes 2 and 3,but there was nothing in lane 1 which you are in,are you expected to stop?
Only trouble is of course,that’s when the ■■■■■ start to pull into lane 1 in front of you because they don’t like the thought of slowing down.
I would class “overtaking on the inside” as those who switch from lane 3 or 2 to undertake a slower vehicle,then jump back into a faster lane.

8wheels:

There is a name for these 50 mph drivers I saw it in a paper the other day!

CLOGs

Centre Lane Owners Group

Always known it as being members of the MLOC - the Middle Lane Owners Club.

I personally couldn’t give a toss which lane they drive in, as long as they keep out of my way. I just simply don’t understand why they all want to drive in lane 2. :confused: :confused:

My pet hate is, as Talulah describes, those who just do not understand how the average speed cameras work. It’s a regular occurance now that they zoom past you, see the 50 mph sign, pull in front of you, brake and the sit there at 42 mph (just to be safe :open_mouth: :unamused: ). Then the guy following them wakes from his stupor, brakes and sits at the side of him, both of them frightened to death.

You just can’t educate some people.

Stan

Inside lane? Pah, luxury. :angry:

I had to deal with a ■■■■ -wit* and his satnav who couldn’t do more than 35-40mph on a narrow single carriage way. Even when I was delayed and lost ground on wide sections and at junctions in villages I still kept catching the bugger up. :imp: :imp:

Not much fun putting up with that for some 50 miles until the ■■■■ eventually turned off.

I just wished I darted down the inside of him at the junction with the N26/N5 when the ■■■■ couldn’t make up his mind which way to go and was in the right turn lane.

I’m a very calm and placid driver usually, but this muppet was taking the ■■■■ :angry:

And yes I am allowed to do 50mph on single carriageways. :wink:

(*You know the type. Oblivious to surroundings, wandering steering and inconsistent speed and unnecessary braking) :angry:

Thats it “HYPER_ACTIVE_MILERS” the ones that 6 months ago were cursing the trucks for doing 56 mph!

Tossers…

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Think its a bad thing now eh?

Denis F:
I have seen it happen :wink:

I’ve also noticed a lot more cars going along in lane 1 at 50mph :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Until you try to overtake them :laughing:

Dafman:

Denis F:
I have seen it happen :wink:

I’ve also noticed a lot more cars going along in lane 1 at 50mph :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Until you try to overtake them :laughing:

Is it me ? . . . . or do most of them have a National trust sticker in the back window :angry:

i always undertake people in the middle lane i think that the holidays dont help at all,you got stupid people who normaly get buses and trains to work and then they go on the dreaded motorways and they just dont know how to drive at all!! or they have a family day out to tesco and B&Q to get a new hammer the sad sad people just get out of my way and let me do my work!!! PLEASE
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they also have the old lady nagging them about the tissue box on the shelf as well hahahaha :laughing:

I seem to spend most of my time in the middle lane…
those supermarket wagons are a pain :unamused:

how can you spend all the time in the middle lane in your old 57 :unamused:

Irlams and palletways playing limiter and whose heavier wars on the M1 north last night. What a pair of bellends , I was quicker than both of them but had no way to get past due to one or the other always in the middle lane crawling past each other. To top it off a limited 7.5T got in lane 3 and he started his crawl past and proper stuffed the M-Way up.
Quality ■■■■■■■■■ of ■■■■■■■■■■

They’re breaking the law going 50 in the middle lane so you lorry drivers are more than entitled to undertake them. In a car, you’ll probably get around the same fuel economy at 50 or 60, and maybe even 70.

KevinKevin:
They’re breaking the law going 50 in the middle lane so you lorry drivers are more than entitled to undertake them. In a car, you’ll probably get around the same fuel economy at 50 or 60, and maybe even 70.

Dont get me wrong here but how is anybody doing 50 in lane two, or as you put it, the middle lane “breaking the law” ?

I would imagine that due to the limit being 70 mph , yes I know it’s not a target.
And you should only be in lanes 2 and 3 if overtaking then sat in lane 2 at 50 for no reason other than you can’t be bothered to get in lane1 you are causing an obstruction.Which is an offence .

Point taken, must have read the post wrong, if lanes 1 and 3 are empty, i suppose driving @50 mph in lane2 would be an “offence” but ive never heard of anybody being prosecuted for it.
Bit like driving with front or rear fog lights on in perfect visability, whats that all about?
:unamused: