Lady truckers!

Surely this is one of the few industries where it doesnt matter 1 jot to anyone what ■■■ or race you are. We drive trucks, you dont have to be friends to people you dont like, and driving a truck is not physically demanding. Id be quite happy for more women in the industry (especially young and single) however I dont want to be told I havent got a job because of my ■■■. It probably does happent the other way but that is why we have ■■■ discrimination laws. Surely it is better to get rid of the biggots and their policies all together than replace them with more.

it dosent matter what race ■■■ religion you are if your in a truck your public enemy number 1

I had to help a lassie out in our yard the other week… she couldn’t put the yellow air line on!

My lass has never asked me to give her a lift pluggin’ the iron in.

Enough said. x :unamused:

I struggle myself sometimes and I’m no wet lettuce :wink:

Wolfie:
I struggle myself sometimes and I’m no wet lettuce :wink:

Glad I’m not the only one who struggles with the iron. :blush: :blush: :smiley:

Dan.

What’s an iron? :laughing:

Wolfie:
What’s an iron? :laughing:

Something that will get thrown at me if my wife sees this thread! :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

Sounds like a viscious woman :wink: Sue would never throw an iron at me … but I do wake up with fresh bruises every morning :confused: :open_mouth:

There are quite a lot of ‘Lady Drivers’ over here, mostly heard but rarely seen, 75% of them look like ‘Hagar’. There are very bad Lady drivers but eaqually bad Male drivers. The problem seems to be that when a ‘Lady’ messes up everyone seems to notice because they all want her to do so secretly so they watch her every move.
On Tuesday of this week I was travelling in like with a driver from TN, we had delivered to a place in MA early, found we were reloading and going to the same destinstion again so ran together, he was an obvious ‘Male’ we pulled up at the entrance to a mill in Glens Falls NY to find all access and exits blocked by a tractor/trailer, traffic was piling up in both directions, when the driver appeared it was a woman which made his day.
I have in the past witnessed a woman trying to reverse hard left into a dock with trucks each side, she was driving a large Kenworth conventional with a large two man sleeper and chrome stacks by each door, it took her about 30 minutes and all the other drivers stood watching the poor lady (this is the sort of truck most dream of) … NOT ME ANYMORE ! a few weeks later my Volvo VN was in for repair and I had a 3 day run to far northern Maine, i was suplied with such a replacement tractor and a 53 ft trailer, this truck was great on the highway but rubbish everywhere else. At the end of the first day I had a reload in Poland Springs ME which involved a tight reverse into a door, I will never critisise anyone for messing up in one of those pigs, they all have old style flat mirrors (no convex) and when you stick your head out to look behind you cannot see the trailer because of the two large stacks. … Well done to that lady and anyone else hwo drives these aged (even when new) bags of nails, … Me ? … I’ll stick with my Volvo (but a Scania would be better)

me too wet milk i to strugle to get the yelllow air line on sometimes so its not just the girls ooops! sorry LADIES :wink: :laughing:

A Trunker at my works who goes by thr name of “Dolly, Gay” said, “When you can’t connect the yellow air line because of the pressure, put the trailer brake on and release the handbrake on the tractor unit, this drains out all the air thus making it easier to connect the airline.”

What a nutter, this can only lead to accidental death in my opinion.

Dolly said " No… what it were, this Paddy in Stranrear showed me that trick!"

Enough said Trunkers are no brain muppets! Anyone for a Ryvita?

Wet Milk:
Enough said Trunkers are no brain muppets!

I’m not a trunker but it looks like I’m a ‘no brain muppet’ as I do that myself if I have a problem connecting the yellow airline. Same thing if it is difficult to pull the pin when dropping a trailer, release the park brake and the unit will ‘settle’ and the pin comes free. As long as the trailer brake is on I see no problem.

Tip for pulling the pin :laughing:

Put vehicle in reverse and hold it at the point where it won’t go any further, put unit handbrake on and Hey Presto, the pinpulls with no problem :laughing:

Pat

Wet Milk:
Dolly said " No… what it were, this Paddy in Stranrear showed me that trick!"
Enough said Trunkers are no brain muppets! Anyone for a Ryvita?

What■■? Can anyone make head or tail of this?

Women drivers are like Women poloticians not enough of them!!!

Come on lads these women are as capable maybe more capable than doing the job

give the women a chance

after all they gave birth to you!!!

Dont want to sound sexist cause im not

All women are equals! Ask my Granny

Wet Milk:
I had to help a lassie out in our yard the other week… she couldn’t put the yellow air line on!

My lass has never asked me to give her a lift pluggin’ the iron in.

Enough said. x :unamused:

And I had to show a male how to unhook a trailer. Enough said.

I believe we should help each other and not chastize. I would help anyone who is in need of help. I’m still learning. I also believe that everyday there is something new to learn. Any one agree.

Lori

Agree 100% Lori

OK, i’m going to admit to being a newbie to truckdriving, 3 years and still only a class 2 dont really qualify me as a pro yet!
But, having seen a driver, that just happened to be female, reverse a 4 wheeler with an “A” frame trailer on to a dock that I would have trouble in my 17 tonner I have much respect for any member of the fairer ■■■ that joins our profession…

Whilst trundling down the M11 on Friday afternoon, in quick succession I overtook a concrete mixer truck and then one of the biggest mobile cranes I had ever seen, both had lady drivers that gave a wave as I passed. (Must be Friday afternoon that does it!)

However, I do have a question for the ladies: Whenever I stop to load or tip and another driver is around (Usually in a queue!) we almost always have a natter and pass the time of day, but this NEVER happens with female drivers, why?

Martin

However, I do have a question for the ladies: Whenever I stop to load or tip and another driver is around (Usually in a queue!) we almost always have a natter and pass the time of day, but this NEVER happens with female drivers, why?

Martin
[/quote]

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: I can’t speak for the whole of the UK, but in Northern Ireland we all talk to each other. Be you male or female. We have a great banter, a bit of whinging and moaning, but usually a good laugh. No matter where you are. Tipping, Loading, layby, services, or even just asking directions there are always friendly people out there who will talk to you. I have noticed though that sometimes I have to break the ice. :slight_smile: Thats easy enough I would just go over and rib you guys about something and that starts the conversation. I think men are a wee bit shy to start a conversation maybe in case you get shot down a mile in front of your mates. :laughing: I don’t know I am only guessing. :question:

As I said I have never had a day were nobody has spoken to me. It’s the banter and the ribbing that keeps me in high spirits all day and makes the job worth while. :smiley:

Lori

I agree, I just go up and have a laugh just the same as you all do :laughing:

The only time that I find it a little difficult is when I meet another female driver because sometimes, (but only sometimes) they completely blank another female on their patch :unamused: :unamused:

I really can’t imagine why because surely it’s the perfect opportunity for us to have a whinge about you blokes :laughing:

Pat