Lady drivers

UKtramp:
I don’t actually have a problem with women drivers in general as far as their work abilities go. The only thing that annoys me is the way most of them make me feel uncomfortable with their eyes piercing through me. I become very conscious of being watched all of the time and can only imagine what is going through their heads. Around other male drivers this is rarely an issue but with women drivers it is quite sexist and can make you feel very uncomfortable. I have also noticed that when they are in groups they tend to get really lairy with shouting across the yard things like “Oi pretty boy give us a flash” or just the usual wolf whistling. These are small petty things I know but it does tend to get you down, so for me I can well do without the hassle. Give me a bunch of men drivers any day.

A very poor a tempt at trolling. Make up your mind, and go for it full force. You sound like a misogynistic feminist.

chloelovesfur:

UKtramp:
I don’t actually have a problem with women drivers in general as far as their work abilities go. The only thing that annoys me is the way most of them make me feel uncomfortable with their eyes piercing through me. I become very conscious of being watched all of the time and can only imagine what is going through their heads. Around other male drivers this is rarely an issue but with women drivers it is quite sexist and can make you feel very uncomfortable. I have also noticed that when they are in groups they tend to get really lairy with shouting across the yard things like “Oi pretty boy give us a flash” or just the usual wolf whistling. These are small petty things I know but it does tend to get you down, so for me I can well do without the hassle. Give me a bunch of men drivers any day.

God I took the wrong turn at the careers office lol :grimacing:

Yes, you did. Now get back to work…

the nodding donkey:

chloelovesfur:

UKtramp:

God I took the wrong turn at the careers office lol :grimacing:

Yes, you did. Now get back to work…

Just got home actualy

I’ve come across a few, a couple at Stobarts Eurocentral, one on containers with Mitchell, one I know does nights at Howdens and two at Russells. The oldest being 74!!

A few of them I think are wives of farmers so learned on milk tankers.

The only issue I noticed is that on containers sometimes got asked to help open the doors. They can be right sods to open and I have no problem at all helping out as I would a bloke, but with men it tends more to be knowledge then a ‘strength’ thing.

I’d like to see more female truckers because hopefully it would drive the quality of the facilities up which given the importance of our industry are pretty bad. Also would help even out the so called ‘lad/macho’ culture which gets tiring at times.

Ldytruck34:
Id love one in trucking but since i have a pure auto licence as im unable to do gears (just couldnt get the hang of it ) i very much doubt i could do trucking. I would love to pass my 7.5 ton licence so i could drive a big auto horsebox as i have horses. Wouldnt mind doing animal transportation ive heard eric gillie is big in the horse transport business.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this one kinda sums it up completely for me…

the nodding donkey:

marcusDchamerlain:
I have to say there is a lot of mixed feelings about lady truckers… I met one a few months ago on nights for maxi haulage. She not ony could drive forwards but reversing onto bay was perfect! I watched her unstrap and restrap load n curtains quick and very efficiently so I thought I would say hi and say how impressed I was ! She turned around and smiled and was very pleasant and at this point I had to,ask what happened to her face… She explained she gave the brush off to a Dixons driver who had been hassling her whilst doing the job and he split fractured her jaw split her head open and broke two ribs!!! She still to this day has to face him most nights at Holyhead… and admits she gets petrified.
This absoulutely disgusted me… nobody should have to deal with that, women in this industry should be treated with respect as should a man, strong headed bias relics need to get off their high horses and accept the fact that a lot of women are equally as good at the job!!

Crap story. Take your issues elsewhere.

Just the reply anticipated from a relic!!!

marcusDchamerlain:

the nodding donkey:

marcusDchamerlain:
I have to say there is a lot of mixed feelings about lady truckers… I met one a few months ago on nights for maxi haulage. She not ony could drive forwards but reversing onto bay was perfect! I watched her unstrap and restrap load n curtains quick and very efficiently so I thought I would say hi and say how impressed I was ! She turned around and smiled and was very pleasant and at this point I had to,ask what happened to her face… She explained she gave the brush off to a Dixons driver who had been hassling her whilst doing the job and he split fractured her jaw split her head open and broke two ribs!!! She still to this day has to face him most nights at Holyhead… and admits she gets petrified.
This absoulutely disgusted me… nobody should have to deal with that, women in this industry should be treated with respect as should a man, strong headed bias relics need to get off their high horses and accept the fact that a lot of women are equally as good at the job!!

+1

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

A very poor a tempt at trolling. Make up your mind, and go for it full force. You sound like a misogynistic feminist.

Just telling my experience of lady drivers, not saying that they are all the same, I can understand that your experience of them will be very different.

Ldytruck34:
Hey

New to this forum, just curious to know are there many lady truckers out there?

If so are you day drivers or trampers?

Do you get a load of stick off your male colleagues?

Day Drivers = Home every night
Trampers = Out on a Sunday /Monday from point A and only arrives back there at the w/e after they have after picked up and delivered all over the country having 4-5 nights out in the week.
Then there are Drivers who do round trip runs A to B and back to A two or three times a week having 2-3 n/o per week,but not exactly coming under the "tramper"label
Depends on what is defined as “trampers”, its not just because you have nights out,
Where I worked before retirement we had two lady drivers and they could give as good, if not better, stick than they got.

marcusDchamerlain:

the nodding donkey:

marcusDchamerlain:

Spent around 5 years driving a forklift and 15 driving vans and puddlejumpers round UK & Europe, have to say in all that time and I once had to contend with, are you ready for this, a driver putting his arm round my shoulder. It’s OK, I got over the trauma, I’ve had counselling. :wink:

On the remote chance that marcus is relating a true incident, it’s bu88er all to do with being a lorry driver and everything to do with escapee from the local mental health unit.

Bit of a thread resurrection but I’m a great believer in more ladies getting on the game.

Trucking now is a lot more lady friendly than it used to be and having a woman at the wheel in some sectors is a massive plus.

Men have buggered this job up for long enough, more ladies can only be a good thing.

Every lady trucker I’ve ever spoke to (being a shy bugger that’s not many) has always given as good as she has got, is as good as any bloke with like for like experience and dare I say it a better driver.

Well except the wife, we went dogging once and I let her drive but by the time she had parked the car everyone had gone home… :wink:

Dipper, I do miss you when you aren’t here :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:
Bit of a thread resurrection but I’m a great believer in more ladies getting on the game.

Trucking now is a lot more lady friendly than it used to be and having a woman at the wheel in some sectors is a massive plus.

Men have buggered this job up for long enough, more ladies can only be a good thing.

Every lady trucker I’ve ever spoke to (being a shy bugger that’s not many) has always given as good as she has got, is as good as any bloke with like for like experience and dare I say it a better driver.

Well except the wife, we went dogging once and I let her drive but by the time she had parked the car everyone had gone home… :wink:

I saw so much inuendo in this …Whats wrong with me lol

chloelovesfur:

Dipper_Dave:

I saw so much inuendo in this …Whars wrong with me lol

Well nothing as regards your ability to read english.

Thanks ladies, I must admit I’m struggling to get my mojo back, having been away for a while I have to be careful not to offend the admin, there’s a fine balance.

Before the harmless innuendo used to just gush out of me, the stuff would write itself. Now it’s more little but continual squirts.

Please bear with me whilst I get back in the saddle.

Dipper_Dave:
Thanks ladies, I must admit I’m struggling to get my mojo back, having been away for a while I have to be careful not to offend the admin, there’s a fine balance.

Before the harmless innuendo used to just gush out of me, the stuff would write itself. Now it’s more little but continual squirts.

Please bear with me whilst I get back in the saddle.

Could get messy ! :grimacing:

UKtramp:

This does rather read like an extract from a defendant’s witness statement…are you on a certain ‘register’ ? It could explain a lot about some your posts. :wink:

Heisenberrg:

UKtramp:

This does rather read like an extract from a defendant’s witness statement…are you on a certain ‘register’ ? It could explain a lot about some your posts. :wink:

Yes MENSA. Here’s an example of how clever I am, you always come on with a childish remark (not in the least funny) then I reply to you, then off you go to find a silly picture (even less funny) and pop that on as your answer. How fantastic am I.

UKtramp:

Heisenberrg:

UKtramp:

Yes MENSA. Here’s an example of how clever I am, you always come on with a childish remark (not in the least funny) then I reply to you, then off you go to find a silly picture (even less funny) and pop that on as your answer. How fantastic am I.

Let me explain : there are two types of people on forums…The first type are those that like to bolster a fragile ego, they troll and make statements that they don’t understand, even though they wrote them. The second type are those that don’t take it toooo seriously and have a good giggle along the way often at the expense of the aforementioned fragile egos… The fragile egos can often be recognised by their delusional comments… Not judging you, just commenting.

Here is the silly picture you seem to crave for… enjoy!

IMG_1110.GIF

I couldn’t take you serious if my life depended on it. I don’t have anything fragile as that is my giggle at you. As for taking this too seriously, do me a favor buttercup.