Lady drivers

the nodding donkey:
Most yes, but I know of at least one example ( she works for a large dairy company) who was a whinging bag, who would play the ‘sexism’ card and open up the waterworks, everytime she didn’t get exactly the cushy little number she wanted. Universally loathed by all, but backed up by the (equality) law and the union.

We had one like that at our place, looked like a right Slapper with the Potty Mouth to match, didn’t last more than a few months, couldn’t handle the work/long days/tail lifts & pallet trucks, went sick in the end & I think it ended up trying to sue the company !

Years ago Somerfield did ‘Women to wheels’. Till they found out that it was illegal to discrimate about ■■■. Anyway one woman who got a job wouldn’t even reverse on dekit bays and always played the ‘lady’ are when it suited her.
Work with a woman in different place now and she works harder that the so called men.

There used to be a Biffa Landfill, just north of Hitchin-A600 & Jean worked in the weighbridge office & used to drive the plant, lovely petite middle aged lady, used to wear ■■■■ short skirts.

I nearly ‘shot my load’ (of rubbish [emoji57]) one day when I watched her reversing down the ladder of a 6 wheel dumper truck, complete with Hi Viz Vest, Mini Skirt, FISHNET TIGHTS [emoji7] & Rigger Boots.

PPE, recommended by Dipper Dave’s Ann Summers Catalogue.

martinviking:
There used to be a Biffa Landfill, just north of Hitchin-A600 & Jean worked in the weighbridge office & used to drive the plant, lovely petite middle aged lady, used to wear ■■■■ short skirts.

I nearly ‘shot my load’ (of rubbish [emoji57]) one day when I watched her reversing down the ladder of a 6 wheel dumper truck, complete with Hi Viz Vest, Mini Skirt, FISHNET TIGHTS [emoji7] & Rigger Boots.

PPE, recommended by Dipper Dave’s Ann Summers Catalogue.

Holwell?? closed now though

We get a few come into our place on the dustcarts just like any other driver really!

Ldytruck34:
Im north east uk so well out of london.

Its something to think about anyway cheers for advice :smiley:

Where bout in north east are you ■■

but if you do a search for lady/female drivers there will be quite a lot come up there are many on this forum as well

I have never had a problem treated the same even at most of my tips you do get some comments but normally in good humour

I know a lady driver from the Tyneside area, could put you in touch, she might be able to advise you

I used to see many attractive women drivers back in the UK, most of them here look more like men than the men do LOL.

Spotted a foreign truck trailer swapping in an MSA a few wks back that appeared to be double manned (womaned) both were nice looking, one could have been the Polish lass that does the youtube vids, similar looking anyway, they were getting a fair bit of attention anyway. Tho the wrong kind from me as they blocked me in! So I was in a right grump.

Live in county durham (south of region)

Im just fed of what i do at the moment, dont think it could be any worse than what i do now ( 12hr shifts for flat rate even weekends, xmas day etc :frowning: )

Plenty of lady drivers on the tippers in the County Durham/North Yorkshire area.

I have never seen a lady driver ■■■■ on her wheels

Wheel Nut:

not stood up anyway! :grimacing:

Up here at least 30 percent of the drivers of trucks and Heavy machinery are women in the mining industry.Many of them are better than a lot of the men driving and operating Machines,trucks and dumpers up to 600t in LKAB and Aitik mines.

Wheel Nut:

You ain’t looking hard enough then. There’s some real rough ones out there that if they did it’ll melt not only the rubber but clean all the rust off the nuts :wink:

Ldytruck34:
Live in county durham (south of region)

Im just fed of what i do at the moment, dont think it could be any worse than what i do now ( 12hr shifts for flat rate even weekends, xmas day etc :frowning: )

Just down the road from me then

I have to say there is a lot of mixed feelings about lady truckers… I met one a few months ago on nights for maxi haulage. She not ony could drive forwards but reversing onto bay was perfect! I watched her unstrap and restrap load n curtains quick and very efficiently so I thought I would say hi and say how impressed I was ! She turned around and smiled and was very pleasant and at this point I had to,ask what happened to her face… She explained she gave the brush off to a Dixons driver who had been hassling her whilst doing the job and he split fractured her jaw split her head open and broke two ribs!!! She still to this day has to face him most nights at Holyhead… and admits she gets petrified.
This absoulutely disgusted me… nobody should have to deal with that, women in this industry should be treated with respect as should a man, strong headed bias relics need to get off their high horses and accept the fact that a lot of women are equally as good at the job!!

I don’t actually have a problem with women drivers in general as far as their work abilities go. The only thing that annoys me is the way most of them make me feel uncomfortable with their eyes piercing through me. I become very conscious of being watched all of the time and can only imagine what is going through their heads. Around other male drivers this is rarely an issue but with women drivers it is quite sexist and can make you feel very uncomfortable. I have also noticed that when they are in groups they tend to get really lairy with shouting across the yard things like “Oi pretty boy give us a flash” or just the usual wolf whistling. These are small petty things I know but it does tend to get you down, so for me I can well do without the hassle. Give me a bunch of men drivers any day.

UKtramp:
I don’t actually have a problem with women drivers in general as far as their work abilities go. The only thing that annoys me is the way most of them make me feel uncomfortable with their eyes piercing through me. I become very conscious of being watched all of the time and can only imagine what is going through their heads. Around other male drivers this is rarely an issue but with women drivers it is quite sexist and can make you feel very uncomfortable. I have also noticed that when they are in groups they tend to get really lairy with shouting across the yard things like “Oi pretty boy give us a flash” or just the usual wolf whistling. These are small petty things I know but it does tend to get you down, so for me I can well do without the hassle. Give me a bunch of men drivers any day.

God I took the wrong turn at the careers office lol :grimacing:

I’m just three weeks into my new career,(only Class 2) and I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the lack of sexism I’ve encountered so far.

Other drivers have been quick to offer advice in a non-patronising way and I’ve only had mild jesting about my diminished height!

People are often impressed, and that puzzles me. After all, its just a bit of metal with wheels on it, and I’ve got eyes, a brain and feet to operate the pedals, the same as most blokes (I think!) so there really shouldn’t be any reason to be impressed by a woman driving any vehicle.

I’ve had a few customers say ‘oh, I was expecting a couple of blokes in a van, not you, in that’, to which I usually reply something along the lines of ‘Well consider it your lucky day then!’ :slight_smile:

There is another lass at the depot I’m at, she drives artics and seems to be very well respected by everyone, and is extremely capable of doing all aspects of her job.

I’ve met a few other female drivers in the last few weeks, and they mostly seem to be driving tankers, and not dragging pallets around like moi. Think I must be missing a trick somewhere!

marcusDchamerlain:
I have to say there is a lot of mixed feelings about lady truckers… I met one a few months ago on nights for maxi haulage. She not ony could drive forwards but reversing onto bay was perfect! I watched her unstrap and restrap load n curtains quick and very efficiently so I thought I would say hi and say how impressed I was ! She turned around and smiled and was very pleasant and at this point I had to,ask what happened to her face… She explained she gave the brush off to a Dixons driver who had been hassling her whilst doing the job and he split fractured her jaw split her head open and broke two ribs!!! She still to this day has to face him most nights at Holyhead… and admits she gets petrified.
This absoulutely disgusted me… nobody should have to deal with that, women in this industry should be treated with respect as should a man, strong headed bias relics need to get off their high horses and accept the fact that a lot of women are equally as good at the job!!

Crap story. Take your issues elsewhere.