Lack of storage help

So I have a 2012 MAN :frowning: TGS 28 320 low sleep cab, comes in at a mere 10ft2.
I’ve recent started doing more nights out and storage is just non existent, are there any like after market baskets or any suggestions as to what I can do? The 2 overhead compartments are just not cutting it

I’m a bit disturbed by seeing the height marked in marker pen. You need to have a proper height marker in there otherwise its wallet relieving time if you get stopped.

Unfortunately not much you can do with that truck other than make sure you’re also utilising under the bunk. Does the passenger seat base fold upright?

As in the case of the old school pre space cab/road haus etc sleepers it was usually a case of using whatever space was available under the bunk and between/under the passenger seat and bunk area sometimes passenger foot well.On that note get rid of those tins of stuff etc in the overhead stowage you don’t want them falling on the drivers side cab floor getting around the pedals or hitting you if they get thrown out.

No passenger seat doesn’t fold also no room under the bunk as it has a fridge under there

If they want…

You to do more nights away the least they could do is provide you with a bigger sleeper. You are increasing their profit at your own comfort.

Personally I wouldn’t have an afternoon nap in something that small.

By the look of those cans your buying for the week,buy a plastic storage box and put in the passenger foot well with the cans in it OR buy on a daily basis to give you more room.
Surely the fridge does`nt take up the whole length of the bunk,if the motor has side compartments juggle the contents about make room for the cans.

Conor:
I’m a bit disturbed by seeing the height marked in marker pen. You need to have a proper height marker in there otherwise its wallet relieving time if you get stopped.

Unfortunately not much you can do with that truck other than make sure you’re also utilising under the bunk. Does the passenger seat base fold upright?

More rubbish from Conor :unamused: you do not need a proper height indicator you only need to abide by the rules on height indication to be found on google .

Punchy Dan:

Conor:

More rubbish from Conor :unamused: you do not need a proper height indicator you only need to abide by the rules on height indication to be found on google .

Yeah gotta admit I always thought any height marking, including marker pen, counted.

toonsy:

Punchy Dan:

Conor:

Yeah gotta admit I always thought any height marking, including marker pen, counted.

It’s a bit like the speed limiter sticker ,that can be in pen too.

Xerobeagle:
So I have a 2012 MAN :frowning: TGS 28 320 low sleep cab, comes in at a mere 10ft2.
I’ve recent started doing more nights out and storage is just non existent, are there any like after market baskets or any suggestions as to what I can do? The 2 overhead compartments are just not cutting it

Your first mistake is living and working in a shoe box and the only complaint you have is little space to store your makeup
I remember doing European work in a 2800 daf and you could not swing a cat in it never mind storage space for makeup
What you need to be asking is how do or can I get a bigger truck to store my makeup
Ask your boss or stop putting up with crap it’s a simple process

Bloody ada. How on earth did we manage with day cab Fodens, Leylands, ERF’s etc. :wink:

Poor snowflake…
When I started I had a Bedford TK (op might need to Google that) boooger all space, had a break for a few years, then came back, to out all week in an fl6. Basically you adapted to what you had,. In my giggleymegagobstopper I’ve got so much crap it’s unreal…

biggriffin:
Poor snowflake…
When I started I had a Bedford TK (op might need to Google that) boooger all space, had a break for a few years, then came back, to out all week in an fl6. Basically you adapted to what you had,. In my giggleymegagobstopper I’ve got so much crap it’s unreal…

Tramping in a TK? :open_mouth:
I remember it well.(during the war Del :smiley: )

Thinking you had a ‘‘sleeper cab’’ while kipping on the parcel shelf at 6’ 1" , (and about 10 stone at that time luckily) and having the option of kipping with your feet out of the window in the summer :smiley: ,
I personally slept under the sheet made into a makeshift tent in the summer. :laughing: slept like a log…but that was maybe because I’d just left some nightspot or another. :smiley:

Storage? …the parcel shelf that was your ‘‘bunk’’ at night, and the passenger seat and footwell.
I would have killed for that MAN of the o/p’s at that time…with his quote; ‘‘Mere 10’ 2’’ . :smiley:

This was my ‘‘rigg’’ :laughing: , thinking I was the UK’s answer to Rubberduck in my TK. :blush: :laughing:

Xerobeagle:
No passenger seat doesn’t fold also no room under the bunk as it has a fridge under there

They all have a fridge/storage box but if you lift the bunk there is still some storage spaces either side of it. That’s where I keep my tins as well as other stuff I don’t need to get to quickly.

Thanks for everyone’s replies, I’m a new driver, only had my licence over a month so can’t really go to my boss demanding stuff yet.

I’ve just come to the conclusion that I dislike MAN trucks with a passion

Xerobeagle:
Thanks for everyone’s replies, I’m a new driver, only had my licence over a month so can’t really go to my boss demanding stuff yet.

Go and ask for a supermegagigatoptrotter cab with a fridge and microwave, and night cool, should suit your needs.

Xerobeagle:

I can see why…

You feel that way but, you’re entitled to decent kit and treatment regardless of how long you’ve been doing the job. No harm in dropping a hint about a bigger cab.

Is it possible to store some of your kit in a large sturdy plastic box and leave it in with the load and utilise it when you’re parked up?

yourhavingalarf:

Xerobeagle:

I can see why…

You feel that way but, you’re entitled to decent kit and treatment regardless of how long you’ve been doing the job. No harm in dropping a hint about a bigger cab.

Is it possible to store some of your kit in a large sturdy plastic box and leave it in with the load and utilise it when you’re parked up?

Tbf he’s got ‘decent kit’, ok it maybe aint top range mega space leather seat stuff, but neither is it a day cab with a board across the seat.

robroy:
Tbf he’s got ‘decent kit’, ok it maybe aint top range mega space leather seat stuff, but neither is it a day cab with a board across the seat.

I agree…

It’s not the worst truck in the UK right now but, the OPs boss want’s ‘more’ nights out. Yeh one or two in that would be tolerable…just. But being away all week in that is just plain uncomfortable especially if he’s a six foot+ basket ball player.

I absolutely hate leather seats in trucks. In the summer you end up having to put a towel on them to soak up all the sweat. Yes I know, you can spec them with coolers now.

robroy:
Storage? …the parcel shelf that was your ‘‘bunk’’ at night

This was my ‘‘rigg’’ :laughing: , thinking I was the UK’s answer to Rubberduck in my TK. :blush: :laughing:

I sometimes saw a few TK’s with curtains around the rear cab shelf but thought it was all bs and never believed that anyone really tried to use that as a bunk. :open_mouth:

Anyway Leyland Marathon had to be next worst.While did someone say the DAF 2800 was too small that was a bleedin luxury in the day. :laughing: