Lack of storage help

Xerobeagle:
Thanks for everyone’s replies, I’m a new driver, only had my licence over a month so can’t really go to my boss demanding stuff yet.

I’ve just come to the conclusion that I dislike MAN trucks with a passion

It depends on your reference point. :bulb: :wink:

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … -22422-6x1

Carryfast:

robroy:
Storage? …the parcel shelf that was your ‘‘bunk’’ at night

This was my ‘‘rigg’’ :laughing: , thinking I was the UK’s answer to Rubberduck in my TK. :blush: :laughing:

I sometimes saw a few TK’s with curtains around the rear cab shelf but thought it was all bs and never believed that anyone really tried to use that as a bunk. :open_mouth:

Anyway Leyland Marathon had to be next worst.While did someone say the DAF 2800 was too small that was a bleedin luxury in the day. :laughing:

Marathon was a designated sleeper (available in 2 sizes) where as the TK was only ever designed as a day cab.
2800 DAF was an excellent twin bunk sleeper for it’s day.

I was waiting for this thread to be derailed with tales of boards across seats and other stories from yesteryear…

Ah the good old days. And that.

toonsy:
I was waiting for this thread to be derailed with tales of boards across seats and other stories from yesteryear…

Ah well…you weren’t disappointed then. :smiley:

:open_mouth:

Where do you keep your foot spa and neck massager?

De-stressing in todays turmulant world must be horrendous in such an inappropriate environment.

I hope your boss is more generous with his hugs than he is with his fleet speccing, the monster!

:grimacing:

Reef:
:shock:

Where do you keep your foot spa and neck massager?

De-stressing in todays turmulant world must be horrendous in such an inappropriate environment.

I hope your boss is more generous with his hugs than he is with his fleet speccing, the monster!

:grimacing:

And then you’ve got to buy the frilly curtians, unless you can get the wife to make them, don’t forget the 22" colour TV, laptop, satellite dish, that’s why we need these super megagiggatrotter cabs.

robroy:

toonsy:

Ah well…you weren’t disappointed then. :smiley:

Nope :laughing:

robroy:

Carryfast:
I sometimes saw a few TK’s with curtains around the rear cab shelf but thought it was all bs and never believed that anyone really tried to use that as a bunk. :open_mouth:

Anyway Leyland Marathon had to be next worst.While did someone say the DAF 2800 was too small that was a bleedin luxury in the day. :laughing:

Marathon was a designated sleeper (available in 2 sizes) where as the TK was only ever designed as a day cab.
2800 DAF was an excellent twin bunk sleeper for it’s day.

Let’s just say that the smaller of the Marathon ‘sleepers’ wasn’t a massive lot better than the TK’s shelf. :laughing:

As for the 2800 I agree with that.Although I was only using it for home every day trunking a decent cab was always welcome on that work just the same as nights out/tramping work.