La Jonquera.

Truck stop metropolis of europe,from the mid nineties it has boomed from a few fuel stations and cheap booze and tobaco shops to large buffet dining resturants,every former eastern bloc driver says to me it is not safe to park,due to cab break ins by under paid,or drivers that have not been paid,then forced to steal to get home or eat.
A security man advised me not to stop there,even for a shower,thats when the thieves stike,there is a shop there that sells Bulgarian food,is it really that bad,there appears ,also a mafia style operation going on, with cars coming around to observe your movements.I go south to park of if north bound cross the border to France.
Years ago,it was so hot,that the suns rays reflected on the trucks mirrors on to the plastic side of a trailer and caught fire,the guy was shopping at the time.
Which is the best buffet to eat in,the choice is daunting,you can eat like a king for a good price,fixed pricing.Eat what you want.
UK MSA managers should go there to see how bad the service is for HGV drivers in the UK,maybe the RAF can accidently drop something out the back of their low flying aircraft to get rid of UK MSA`s and start again to put the HGV driver first,not for a busload of wealthy OAPs that need a mortage to get a cup of hot water with a 20 pence.

Always tried to avoid overnighting there. Got caught out one night running out of time, I ended up parked in the repsol garage. Woke up in the morning did my walk around no problems get to my delivery and climb in the back. ■■■■■■■ had been in and opened every pallet.

Didn’t nick anything because all it was, was 26 pallets of kids holiday club tshirts for Thompson holidays. Had a right old mess to tidy up.

We had two trucks broken into down there earlier this year.
Shame really as there seems to be loads down there and it was wedged when I passed this week and last but it sounds like there’s some professional criminal gangs working down there.

spent easter there in '93 had a great crack, two good guys be it pi$$ heads. x 4 days in the sun watch ‘Catalan open golf’ down at Peralada. Spose EU was smaller then. :smiley:

we don’t stop there any more its just a truckpark for slovenians and the like.
its true you do get your cab broken into in daylight usually whilst showering my bosses brother was the most recent to get done hence we don’t even fuel there now, shame really as the restaurants are very good.
i have seen cars driving around in the day when i used to stop there mainly ro plates but its rumoured that they run the prozzies so who knows.
if going north i don;t sleep further than cambrils or torreblanca unless i can get into france, sign of the times i’m afraid where there’s no money there’s crime

is that the grand buffet restaurant on the right as you come up the n340 in cammbrills james.

browncow2:
is that the grand buffet restaurant on the right as you come up the n340 in cammbrills james.

no yer daft sod it is the one in Cambrils

Vascoingles:

browncow2:

whats an extra m and l between friends. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

depends who you sre M´ming with really I have heard that there are certain people in the Valleys who get up to strange things during the day so what the hell they get up to at night I shudder to think :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Vascoingles:

Is there still a big illuminated knife & fork outside the Grand Buffet these days??

Ross.

bigr250:

Vascoingles:

Is there still a big illuminated knife & fork outside the Grand Buffet these days??

Ross.

not been down that for a few years now but I cannot really see them taking it down

bigr250:

Vascoingles:

Ross.

yes the big sign is still there but if you are looking for it its hard to see as there’s a new A7 motorway now so no need to use the N340

If I have to stop there because my driving time is over I park at Club Dallas yard. Pay 2 euros to that moroccan guard and you can sleep safely. Theres also restaurant there, don’t know about shower, might be expensive but with full service…

UTA card company says that if your fuel card is stolen at La Jonquera the card holder is responsible of all expenses.

bigr250:

Vascoingles:

Ross.

thats the one Harry

spent many a good evening there and a couple of weekends wandering down to the beach as well

V8Lenny:
If I have to stop there because my driving time is over I park at Club Dallas yard. Pay 2 euros to that moroccan guard and you can sleep safely. Theres also restaurant there, don’t know about shower, might be expensive but with full service…

UTA card company says that if your fuel card is stolen at La Jonquera the card holder is responsible of all expenses.

i hope the clud dallas is timeshare. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

browncow2:

V8Lenny:

i hope the clud dallas is timeshare. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[zb]

There’s a new one barcelonareporter.com/index. … s_in_la_j/

yeah its never boring at la jonquera. last night, for example, a brave member of the proud nation on poland decided he had had enough of drinking and fighting with his countrymen and it was time to go. unfortunately, he had problems staying upright, not to mention driving a lorry. he didn’t get far though, there was another PL on the way, after crashing into that one I set the brakes on his trailer and asked the girl at the station to call the cops, who then hauled his sorry ■■■ away.

Vascoingles:
depends who you sre M´ming with really I have heard that there are certain people in the Valleys who get up to strange things during the day so what the hell they get up to at night I shudder to think :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well ask and i might tell ya!!! :wink: :laughing:

Thetaff:

Vascoingles:

Well ask and i might tell ya!!! :wink: :laughing:

don´t think my aged nerves could take the strain :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: