L E JONES

facebook.com/sharer.php?u=ht … 985554.stm
Just saw this on the Welsh Mews, L E Jones had their license revoked, more misery for a lot of families.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7985554.stm

Denis F:
BBC NEWS | Wales | North East Wales | Breaches cost lorry firm licence

In addition, 20 drivers employed by the firms attended a separate driver conduct hearing at Flint Magistrates Court in February.
It was found that none of the drivers received training from the operators on new drivers hours and tachograph rules introduced in 2007, until 14 months later.
‘Unlawful activity’
All of the drivers had committed offences under the regulations, and some were found to have kept false records.
Most of the drivers had their licences revoked or suspended.

Ruddy fools thats all i can say .

Sorry but if you break the rules you only have yourself to blame

nick2008:

Denis F:
BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | North East Wales | Breaches cost lorry firm licence

In addition, 20 drivers employed by the firms attended a separate driver conduct hearing at Flint Magistrates Court in February.
It was found that none of the drivers received training from the operators on new drivers hours and tachograph rules introduced in 2007, until 14 months later.
‘Unlawful activity’
All of the drivers had committed offences under the regulations, and some were found to have kept false records.
Most of the drivers had their licences revoked or suspended.

Ruddy fools thats all i can say .

Sorry but if you break the rules you only have yourself to blame

Agree about breaking the rules,they should be punished, but a lot of small firms in that area and suppliers are going to be hit, also the drivers who didn’t break the rules are going to be out of work.

According to lorryspotting they have just taken delivery of a new unit aswell.

Well i dont feel sorry for those who broke the rules but i do feel sorry for those who did not

Weren’t they in a bit of bother in the past as well, if so they should have learnt their lessons the last time.

I think they had a short licence suspension many years ago, probably 10 plus now for hours offences, we should always remember “rules is rules” and sooner or later you will get caught out, not worth it for a few extra quid though, it will hit the innocent drivers the hardest and thats a pity.

Just seen this and I’m shocked. They have played with fire a little for some time but I wasn’t expecting a revocation of their O-Licence. Its a major blow for the area as they employ a huge number of people and are the major link between this area and the rest of the country/Europe.

As an aside, I am always intrigued that ‘hours offences’ are not expanded upon in any of these type of report. There is a big difference between going three minutes over 4.5hrs looking for a layby and a guy who drives 8hrs non-stop. A bit more detail would be nice sometimes IMO.

Is it just me thinks this?

I have no sympathy for drivers who deliberately go over hours a lot,but what i do seem to notice
is the brit drivers get fines,licence revoked etc.
drivers from abroad get pulled over for 11 hrs and are sent on their way !!!

Not sure what happens but, I would like to belive that
if it is a GERMAN driver,That the Vosa or Police get in
touch with the appropiate enforcement office, either
the BAG or the relevant Ordnungs Amt for the place where the driver concerned comes from ,or Where the Transport company has their yard(s), As Direct action would make these people react,

ashton gate:
Is it just me thinks this?

I have no sympathy for drivers who deliberately go over hours a lot,but what i do seem to notice
is the brit drivers get fines,licence revoked etc.
drivers from abroad get pulled over for 11 hrs and are sent on their way !!!

It is a made up myth.

Germany have BAG

Belgium have Rijkswacht and Regie
so do Holland.

The British media do not have to print stories about scrumping apples or speeding in another country. They only do that with very high profile cases like Josef Fritzl or Marc Dutroux

I’m honestly not sure what to make of this one. I certainly didn’t see it coming.

I worked in the office for Trefor about five years ago. He very much ran the company, to the extent that there was very little point in planning the fleet, because once you had gone home he would change everything anyway. I’m upset the transport manager lost his repute, because he would have been constantly overruled and would have basically had no say in the operations. I remember at the time refusing to go on a cpc course they suggested, because there was no way i wanted my name on the o-licence. I quickly walked when i realised the extent of what was going on. Having said all that, my understanding from the recent court case is that most of the tacho offences were ‘technical’, it’s not as though drivers were running spectacularly bent. That’s why i’m surprised that the DTC has revoked the licence entirely, i was expecting a cut in entitlement.

The jobs blow may not be as bad as it first seems. A lot of the drivers were farmers, who drove part-time when things were quiet. Most of the admin staff were part-time, apart from the transport team. Also the press are quoting the number of vehicles on the licences, not necessarily the number operated. We only ran about fifty when I was there, across the two companies.

On a slightly different note, I was expecting them to run into trouble shortly anyway, as it would appear that Anglesey Aluminium is now firmly heading for closure. LE’s certainly did a lot out of there, not sure if the volumes are the same now. Gwynedd Shipping I think did the rest, so it might cause them some problems as well.

i have one of there old topliners,

one thing what makes me laff, is how it is published in press mags!!! a driver drove for 18 hrs the driver may have had 8hr 50 min break but the powers to be vos~gtapo take them to court and make it sound so bad they was a tierd driver blarr blarr blarr, drove this long and that, when poss the driver may have had 10mins of a 9 hr break through miss counting etc,and hes painted blacker than black for tacho offences, what i mean in a lot of cases they make it sound like the driver~s have done a lot worse than the offence in hand, which i think is wrong, they dont say oh he drove 4.5hrs with a 43 min break oh no he drove etc 9 hrs without a break, as they know that is the only way to get a prosicution!!! etc load of ““merchant bankers”” the vos"gtapos

But Globby the Law is the Law, if drivers cant be bothered to ensure they have taken sufficient rest, they cant cry later on that they had only taken an 8hr 50 min rest. Long before the Hour Guards or Tach Trak etc became popular, I was driving on Multi Drop and away from home Mon - Fri, if I parked up at 6pm, I knew I couldn’t start until 05:00 if I needed an 11 hr rest.

It aint rocket science calculating what time you can restart, also when it comes to breaks there’s no way you can mistake 43 minutes for 45 minutes, you either take 45 mins or you dont.

It’s sad that innocent drivers need to suffer because of the few, but hey, 20 drivers is almost 30% of the total drivers employed, LE Jones was obviously happy that the drivers were putting his work first, and to hell with the rules, so in my opinion he deserves what he gets.

Rather Strangely though, these reports never list how many of the drivers griped on about being pushed to the limits all the time?

If they didn’t gripe on then obviously they were happy with what they were doing :wink: :wink: :wink:

SO DAVEY ARE YOU SAYING U HAV NEVER MADE HAD ANY INFRINGEMENTS OR MISS CALCULATED UR TIME
COZ NOT ALL TACHOS RUN TO THE SAME AS A STOPWATCH

Davey Driver:
But Globby the Law is the Law, if drivers cant be bothered to ensure they have taken sufficient rest, they cant cry later on that they had only taken an 8hr 50 min rest. Long before the Hour Guards or Tach Trak etc became popular, I was driving on Multi Drop and away from home Mon - Fri, if I parked up at 6pm, I knew I couldn’t start until 05:00 if I needed an 11 hr rest.

It aint rocket science calculating what time you can restart, also when it comes to breaks there’s no way you can mistake 43 minutes for 45 minutes, you either take 45 mins or you dont.

It’s sad that innocent drivers need to suffer because of the few, but hey, 20 drivers is almost 30% of the total drivers employed, LE Jones was obviously happy that the drivers were putting his work first, and to hell with the rules, so in my opinion he deserves what he gets.

Rather Strangely though, these reports never list how many of the drivers griped on about being pushed to the limits all the time?

If they didn’t gripe on then obviously they were happy with what they were doing :wink: :wink: :wink:

lee hawke:
SO DAVEY ARE YOU SAYING U HAV NEVER MADE HAD ANY INFRINGEMENTS OR MISS CALCULATED UR TIME

Ooopss looks like your Caps lock is stuck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I’ve had infringements, for driving 4:31 mins sometimes 4:35 mins but there was a reason written on the back :wink:

Never infringements for too short a break or rest, but then again, by taking 50 minutes instead of 45 minutes and 9hrs 5 mins instead of 9 hrs I couldn’t really go wrong could I :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

In this day and age there are plenty of timers available on the market that can be set to 46 minutes or 9 hrs 2 mins etc etc etc

But then it comes down to the drivers preference, do I spend money on something to keep me legal or something that looks pretty in the window :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Davey Driver:

lee hawke:

Ooopss looks like your Caps lock is stuck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I’ve had infringements, for driving 4:31 mins sometimes 4:35 mins but there was a reason written on the back :wink:

Never infringements for too short a break or rest, but then again, by taking 50 minutes instead of 45 minutes and 9hrs 5 mins instead of 9 hrs I couldn’t really go wrong could I :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

In this day and age there are plenty of timers available on the market that can be set to 46 minutes or 9 hrs 2 mins etc etc etc

But then it comes down to the drivers preference, do I spend money on something to keep me legal or something that looks pretty in the window :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have you ever sat impatiently waiting for your 9/11 hr break to end, then checked your card on the end of the 2nd shift and realised that the card had shown several minutes short?
It got to the stage that used to make sure the card couldn’t be put into the tray in such a way that it would rob me.
and yeah, a bit of leeway, sometimes wouldn’t be a bad thing, sometimes.

As some of you will know, I have worked out of Denbigh for the last two summers; no more though as the mill closes at the end of this summer. :frowning:

Thankfully I am still retained at Carmarthen but my sympathies go to my colleagues who will lose out.

The antics of L.E. Jones regarding transport law and the stretching to the limits (and beyond) thereof are a regular source of comment amongst local hauliers and drivers, and whilst the outcome is regrettable for those honest people who have lost their jobs, I very much doubt if anyone will be really surprised.

gnasty gnome:
As some of you will know, I have worked out of Denbigh for the last two summers; no more though as the BOCM mill closes at the end of this summer. :frowning:

Thankfully I am still retained at Carmarthen but my sympathies go to my colleagues who will lose out.

The antics of L.E. Jones regarding transport law and the stretching to the limits (and beyond) thereof are a regular source of comment amongst local hauliers and drivers, and whilst the outcome is regrettable for those honest people who have lost their jobs, I very much doubt if anyone will be really surprised.

I was wondering about your job Gnome when I heard about the BOCM closure. Is there scope for opening it another time or is it gone for good?

As for LE’s I know exactly what you mean! :wink: