Known fault on some new ADR drivers' cards

Daz1970:
You can get a replacement ADR photocard by printing off & filling in this form sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/rep … t_form.pdf

Make sure you use a thick black pen to do your signature inside the box. You may need your ADR candidate no. from your training provider.

You will also need £10 for the replacement.

Hi Daz1970,

That’s the new(ish) photo form which we started using last October.

Now remembering that there are still many thousands of the old ADR paper licence still perfectly valid, the procedure for anybody who loses a paper ADR licence is to contact their training provider in order to obtain their certificate number, because the ADR paper licences didn’t have a certificate number set out in the present format.

If somebody loses an ADR ‘card,’ they’ll still have to contact their original training provider to obtain their certificate number, unless they’ve made a note of it such as by scanning it as I have done with mine.

For those unable (for whatever reason) to print out the form you’ve linked to, any authorised ADR training school will already have the form.

I should also mention that since the new ADR card came out, DVLA no longer issue the old style paper ADR certificate.
The new style ADR cards are now issued directly from SQA in Glasgow.

Yes Dave, I did this a couple of months back…basically I wanted an ADR photocard to replace my (still valid) paper licence and I contacted SQA who told me to fill in a licence replacement form & the new scanning form and send them both off with £10, which I did and back came a photocard. Of course I needed a passport photo too, but this shouldn’t be required if an existing ADR photocard is held, also I had to include a copy of my current passport to validate my ID as I was going from paper to photocard ADR licence (not sure this will be needed from an existing photocard holder).
I can’t find the old licence replacement form on SQA website - after a quick look, so they may have amalgamated the two forms!! I’ll have a further look later, the candidate number & course number will be reqd from the ADR training provider to go on the scanning form.
UPDATE…yes…the scanning form has page two which is titled: Candidate Details for Replacement Photocard.

The fee is £10.
If in doubt give SQA ADR team a ring.

Dave I done my ADR with you at data academy, how o I get a new car as my paper one has fallen to bits and is almost impossible to read.

Noworries:
Dave I done my ADR with you at data academy, how o I get a new car as my paper one has fallen to bits and is almost impossible to read.

Yes mate, I remember you. :smiley:

PM sent. :wink:

Cheers Dave
Pm replied :smiley:

Dave big thanks mate! Anyone needing ADR this is the man!!!
He got me thru all classes incl explosives and tankers excl radioactive.
Lot to take in over 6 days, but this man knows how to teach.
Got ADR card today, only 2 weeks since sitting last exam.

Beagle:
Dave big thanks mate! Anyone needing ADR this is the man!!!
He got me thru all classes incl explosives and tankers excl radioactive.
Lot to take in over 6 days, but this man knows how to teach.
Got ADR card today, only 2 weeks since sitting last exam.

Hi Beagle,

Did you get the new ‘new’ card ■■ (if you know what I mean. :wink: )

I’ve still got the one that has the DfT written in greenish writing in the pic I posted at the top of this topic. :frowning:

My card is the same as yours, DFT in green!! If they still sending these out going to be a while before they start to replace.

Recieved card this morning and its the same as yours so they still have it wrong then.

Did my ADR 3 weeks ago, and got my card in the post yesterday - the DfT logo is still green… I presume I’ll still qualify for a free replacement, even though my card was issued ‘incorrectly’ even after they spotted their mistake?!

BravoGolfCharlie:
Did my ADR 3 weeks ago, and got my card in the post yesterday - the DfT logo is still green… I presume I’ll still qualify for a free replacement, even though my card was issued ‘incorrectly’ even after they spotted their mistake?!

Hi BGC,

As far as I’m presently aware, you have it just right.

SQA are aware of the problem (it was an SQA external verifier who told me) and are supposed to be getting it sorted.

The longer they leave it, the more ‘free’ replacement cards they’ll have to issue. :smiley:

Well I received my ADR card Wednesday , used it Thursday and Saturday . :wink:
No one seemed bothered it had green writing :unamused:
Seems strange they are still sending out the wrong cards tho !

Cheers mike

New card arrived today, no anomalies. Sorted.

nickb67:
New card arrived today, no anomalies. Sorted.

Hi Nick,

Is the DfT logo (item #7 on the front of the card) showing/printed in black please?

dieseldave:
…Is the DfT logo (item #7 on the front of the card) showing/printed in black please?

Hi DD, item #7 is now just the words “Department for Transport” in black, and I can see the signature without the use of bino’s!

From the enclosed letter, “Although the UK card already complied with the ADR prescribed format, some minor amendments were required to ensure on-going complete compliance with the clarified points”. Such as: -

1. “VALID TO” is now displayed before the expiry date;
  2. All dates are now in “DD/MM/YYYY” format;
  3. All text is in black and the Guilloche (whatever the ■■■■ that is!) has been revised due to changes in the DfT logo;
  4. The logo is replaced with the simple words “Department for Transport” in black lettering;
  5. The black outlines around the photograph and signature block have been removed to enhance the look of the certificate.

“No personal or entitlement details have changed on the new card; it is simply an updated version of your current certificate” and “You MUST also e-mail/phone the SQA to confirm the new card has been received and the old one destroyed.”

All in all, this new card was definitely made by an adult.

nickb67:

dieseldave:
…Is the DfT logo (item #7 on the front of the card) showing/printed in black please?

Hi DD, item #7 is now just the words “Department for Transport” in black, and I can see the signature without the use of bino’s!

From the enclosed letter, “Although the UK card already complied with the ADR prescribed format, some minor amendments were required to ensure on-going complete compliance with the clarified points”. Such as: -

1. “VALID TO” is now displayed before the expiry date;
  2. All dates are now in “DD/MM/YYYY” format;
  3. All text is in black and the Guilloche (whatever the [zb] that is!) has been revised due to changes in the DfT logo;
  4. The logo is replaced with the simple words “Department for Transport” in black lettering;
  5. The black outlines around the photograph and signature block have been removed to enhance the look of the certificate.

“No personal or entitlement details have changed on the new card; it is simply an updated version of your current certificate” and “You MUST also e-mail/phone the SQA to confirm the new card has been received and the old one destroyed.”

All in all, this new card was definitely made by an adult.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that info.

SQA have known about this for quite some time, but I guess they’ll start on the backlog of replacing all the non-conforming ADR cards now.

I like the bit about “ongoing complete compliance with the clarified points.”
To me, that’s a political way of an awarding body owning up to not having read the specifications contained in ADR properly in the first place. :wink: :grimacing:

How can the word “black” need clarifying, cos even a small child can see that it doesn’t mean green!! :smiley:

what do you mean they will have donkeys doing the work next they already have they are called L.G.V. Drivers lol :smiley: :smiley:

My newly minted correct ADR card came this morning, and from posts here it seems that SQA are now clearing the backlog.

I’ve also heard separate reports of people receiving their new ADR Cards, so the job’s (eventually) a good 'un. :smiley:

Got mine today, I don’t look any prettier though :frowning:

I’ll keep an eye out for the postie then, was starting to wonder if this was a newbie initiation wind up!!!