Kids in trucks

I often take my son out with me but some drivers have voiced an opinion that they think its cruel to take kids out in trucks. What do you think?

i think it all depends on circumstances.

i would love to take my little boy with me, but he is not allowed on any of the ports i collect from.

David H:
I often take my son out with me but some drivers have voiced an opinion that they think its cruel to take kids out in trucks. What do you think?

As long as you leave a window slightly open and a bowl of fresh water he’ll be fine :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wuff Wuff. Is that what you do with yours then?

Here’s me and one of my boys away in the Summer holidays…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32454

Doesn’t look like a victim of child cruelty (apart from the beer!)

David H:
Wuff Wuff. Is that what you do with yours then?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I used to have nightmares where I’d left them at the services :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Personally I think its great fo kids, when I was a nipper I used to go out with my uncle on his truck - great fun and a good learning curve

shuttlespanker:

i would love to take my little boy with me, but he is not allowed on any of the ports i collect from.

Doesn’t your truck have a top bunk? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

id love to take my kids with me if my employers were fine with it. obviously theres certain places you cant take kids with you like building sites or ports etc. undrstandable really. i took my ex with me a few times made things more bareable.

I’ve been taking my son abroad since he was two and a half. Here he is after an Effes control…

Here’s the Main Man, we’re sat in Portsmouth waiting for the Caen ferry on a trip to Brest with ship’s spares. He absolutely loves it.

Harry Monk:

shuttlespanker:

Doesn’t your truck have a top bunk? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yes it does :smiley:

but, knowing them useless bunch of morons at thamesport, they have a nasty habit of dropping boxes on cab roofs :open_mouth: :confused:

so, hiding my lad on the top bunk is not such a good idea

My little girl is just gone two so shes still a bit wee.Wont be long thou and there’ll be no stopping us. Thats what its all about after all init KIDS.
if i was in a job where i couldnt bring her id leave.Lifes too short literally.

There may be insurance issues involved for companies … I used to take the wife out on runs with me when she wasn’t working though regardless, it made the day a lot more enjoyable.

Employers may have “no passengers” policies but they are obliged by law to have passenger insurance in their vehicles.

Ellie’s dad, I’m sure you’ll both love a trip away, as we both do. I think Little Harry was about four or five when he started coming away overnight but he’s been riding out in the truck since the days when I had to ratchet-strap him to the seat to hold him upright.

my 2 are grown up now,but i uesd to bring them with me all the time when they were nippers.
my son and daughter were 1 and 2 when i was bringing them to spain and italy.
we kept it up until they started to go their own way with their friends.
even their teachers in the school never gave me problems if i kept them off.
it was all education for them.
they still rmember it as well,so thats abonus.they are 28 and 29 now.

Id love to take my oldest with me (3 half)but hes terrified of the truck and wont come anywhere near it otherwise hed be with me all time much better for him than being with my waste of space ex :laughing:

His first word was D…D…D…Dunkerque!

I am all for it, Kids learn so much this way, how many drivers on here did it this way? I know when I was about 13 or 14 I used to go out on the bricks with an old guy in a mickey mouse Foden 8 wheeler. If we got to a site which had a nice area he’d sit down and say ‘go on lad tip it yourself’. I soon got used to the crane and we had brick forks then. I used to love every minute. i don’t think the health and safety gang would be too happy now. Happy days : :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

David H:
His first word was D…D…D…Dunkerque!

Can’t see any Child Cruelty there to be honest.

Cruel■■? :confused: :confused: :confused: Best days of my life were spent from about the age of 3 till he stopped driving in my teens were spent in a truck cab. Learnt to read from a map before I went to school, saw things other kids neveer did - best education going.