Kenworths in the UK

my 1979 k100c with detroit diesel 8v92ta @475 hp and 1980 w900a with cat 3406a @400hp

johns trucks 003.jpg

Paccar x2!

IMG_NEW.jpg

scaniaontheroad:

RDC:
Hmm valuable input.

If you had to spend time in them to earn a living you would know what im talking about.Junk!!!.

your right there i have a k100c aerodyne and a w900a they look good but i use a R560 topline for work !!

Photos taken at the Great Dorset Steam Fair 2013

adr:
Paccar x2!

Hey, is this black keny still at work today??

bye Eric,

tiptop495:

adr:
Paccar x2!

Hey, is this black keny still at work today??

bye Eric,

Hi Eric, not seen anything about it for a while, pic’ was taken in 2005. Regards Chris

v8detroit:

scaniaontheroad:

RDC:
Hmm valuable input.

If you had to spend time in them to earn a living you would know what im talking about.Junk!!!.

your right there i have a k100c aerodyne and a w900a they look good but i use a R560 topline for work !!

Went from Scania 164 to the k100 and as much as I loved the scania I’d never swap back

RDC:

v8detroit:

scaniaontheroad:

RDC:
Hmm valuable input.

Went from Scania 164 to the k100 and as much as I loved the scania I’d never swap back

big change,you couldnt use my k100 its too long and a very bad lock on it plus the roads here are ■■■■ very narrow and tight bends.whats in your k100. cat ? mine has the 2 sroke joke detroit 8v92 .

Taken on Toddington services Sept 2012, parked next to my Topline.

phone 16-4-13 521.jpg

v8detroit:

RDC:

v8detroit:

scaniaontheroad:

RDC:
Hmm valuable input.

big change,you couldnt use my k100 its too long and a very bad lock on it plus the roads here are [zb] very narrow and tight bends.whats in your k100. cat ? mine has the 2 sroke joke detroit 8v92 .

Yea I agree its not always enjoyable driving it on these roads. It’s got the set back front axle so that makes it possible to get around but the lock is terrible, it’s got ■■■■■■■■ Detroit would be fantastic but not ideal for haulage. My old man used to run a detroit v8. Used to do 4.5 mpg on long run to Luxembourg and back.

Time to liven up a sleeping dragon !
I drive for Uncle Sam’s American Circus we have 6 Kenworths 4 on the road in 2016 along with 2 Perterbilts and a freightliner.
I drive the red W900 Powerd by a Cat 3406 425hp and 13sp fuller she has no power steering but it’s not that bad really here is a YouTube link to a view from the cab just check my channel and you will see other clips of the other trucks to

youtu.be/uSx9ZzCIlhA

hi BIGGSAM! i often drive by your yard near Grantham,and on a couple of occasions i’ve seen your awesome motors parked in the big lay-by opposite :slight_smile: sure i took a photo of a blue day-cab KW…late '40’s,early '50’s? is it still about?

carryfast-yeti:
hi BIGGSAM! i often drive by your yard near Grantham,and on a couple of occasions i’ve seen your awesome motors parked in the big lay-by opposite :slight_smile: sure i took a photo of a blue day-cab KW…late '40’s,early '50’s? is it still about?

I think you must be on about the green KW-K923 with the paintings on it ? If it is its having another motor put in it as it stuck a leg out of bed 18mths ago on the A55 it runs a ■■■■■■■ 903-V8 not a easy engine to get in the UK
Also if you have the picture I can identify it for you and yea you will see our stuff parked up by the level crossing early Feb or mid Nov
I have some more pictures of the trucks down in the yard I’ll have to sort them out and post them up !

BIGGSAM:

carryfast-yeti:

I think you must be on about the green KW-K923 with the paintings on it ? If it is its having another motor put in it as it stuck a leg out of bed 18mths ago on the A55 it runs a ■■■■■■■ 903-V8 not a easy engine to get in the UK
Also if you have the picture I can identify it for you and yea you will see our stuff parked up by the level crossing early Feb or mid Nov
I have some more pictures of the trucks down in the yard I’ll have to sort them out and post them up !

that sounds like the one…well out on it’s age though! MWK 931V,so 1980? great looking truck :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:

BIGGSAM:

carryfast-yeti:

that sounds like the one…well out on it’s age though! MWK 931V,so 1980? great looking truck :slight_smile:

Yea that’s the old witch aka Pamala for obvious reasons hard as hell ride with torsion bar suspension no power steering and very loud in the cab but happy at 50mph here you go a view from the cab

youtu.be/N-w6H38YgXc

my favourite ride in canada ran all 48 usa states in her 550 cat 18spd eaton fuller :smiley:

BIGGSAM:

carryfast-yeti:

BIGGSAM:

carryfast-yeti:

Yea that’s the old witch aka Pamala for obvious reasons hard as hell ride with torsion bar suspension no power steering and very loud in the cab but happy at 50mph here you go a view from the cab

youtu.be/N-w6H38YgXc

excellent! i could just see myself going for a drive in that :sunglasses:

Hi my Son works for Kenworth Trucks as a Mechanic in Perth,Western Australia.
The Garage is so Big,My son has been working in the Iron ore mine on contract for several mths Servicing the Vehicles,
One Roadtrain pulling 3 Trailers,82 Ton Empty>250 Tons Loaded on site only
Norman Croad,Torquay.

SUPRISED THESE AREN’T ON THE SITE

PEAK TRUCK SHOW 11 2004.jpg

PEAK TRUCK SHOW 9 2004.jpg

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I attach some images of Kenworths operated in Tamworth in Staffordshire, by whom - I know not, so any information is gratefully recieved!!

I know they were from Tamworth as all the pictures were taken from across the road from my house, and I lived in a village near Tamworth at the time. I also know the first two images have UK trade plates registered to a Birmingham address displayed in the cab window, and French Transit Temporaire chalk number plates.

The other two images are of a KW with no plates on it, so I have no idea how to track the vehicle or operator down.

I have tried to ask locally in the village but no-one seems to know who they were run by.

As to why I didn’t ask when I took the pics, I was 6 at the time, and just come in from school. When I went back out after tea, they had gone!!!

I hope you enjoy!