Kenworths in the UK

Have posted this on the other KW thread.
Is this the K100 that is mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
Found it in an old T&D magazine
Interesting that it was running super singles in 1985,or is it one of those very close coupled French thingies?

14 TOO:
Have posted this on the other KW thread.
Is this the K100 that is mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
Found it in an old T&D magazine
Interesting that it was running super singles in 1985,or is it one of those very close coupled French thingies?

If you mean super singles on the trailer, that was common in 1985 all ours ran on them.

Back in 1985 I was lucky if it didn’t have split rim 1000x20’s.

PHU503R1:

RDC:

Thats my old man driving it to have it tested in Calne.
the picture of it green is when spencers ran it. he bought it from them in green and sprayed it. Any idea who owns it now or contact info for anyone who might be able to help find it would be much appreciated.
Cheers Roy

Hi Roy, sorry for the late reply, but it’s long since I have been here.
I have owned it, but sold it last year to a Dutch man who had a more recent K100 for daily work. He was looking for an older one for show, and as I didn’t have any technical skills, nor the tools, nor the place to work on it, I thought it was in better hands being restored than just standing in a shed.
I saw the man back a couple of months ago, and he told me had started stripping the KW, but there was too much work on it, so he sold it on to a friend of him, it’s painted in yellow now. I probably will see him back in a couple of months, then I will ask more.

Hi, Thats a shame. what needed doin to it?
Would like to find out more about it and would possible be interested in buying it back. I have been shown a picture of it in the yellow it has been painted. From the pictures i saw earlier it didnt look like the paint job we had done was in bad condition?
Roy

RDC:

PHU503R1:

RDC:

the picture of it green is when spencers ran it. he bought it from them in green and sprayed it. Any idea who owns it now or contact info for anyone who might be able to help find it would be much appreciated.
Cheers Roy

I have owned it, but sold it last year to a Dutch man who had a more recent K100 for daily work. He was looking for an older one for show, and as I didn’t have any technical skills, nor the tools, nor the place to work on it, I thought it was in better hands being restored than just standing in a shed.
I saw the man back a couple of months ago, and he told me had started stripping the KW, but there was too much work on it, so he sold it on to a friend of him, it’s painted in yellow now. I probably will see him back in a couple of months, then I will ask more.

Would like to find out more about it and would possible be interested in buying it back. I have been shown a picture of it in the yellow it has been painted. From the pictures i saw earlier it didnt look like the paint job we had done was in bad condition?
Roy

Best off parked up and a match thrown in the cab,all ■■■■ and no steam!!.

Hmm valuable input.

RDC:
Hmm valuable input.

If you had to spend time in them to earn a living you would know what im talking about.Junk!!!.

Photographed this one at a steam rally at Stoke Prior Nr Bromsgrove on the weekend

I found this the other day… I only had a minute to take a couple of pics with my phone. No reg plates and no ID that I could find quickly ( I didn’t have a clue where the chassis number might be…). She looks a little shabby but apparently all the bits that aren’t bolted to the chassis are in a shed…

I don’t suppose anyone recognises her from these pics? The blue looks very much like the colour of the British Aerospace ones…

Phone pics 037.jpg

Phone pics 038.jpg

Phone pics 039.jpg

Piston broke:
I found this the other day… I only had a minute to take a couple of pics with my phone. No reg plates and no ID that I could find quickly ( I didn’t have a clue where the chassis number might be…). She looks a little shabby but apparently all the bits that aren’t bolted to the chassis are in a shed…

I don’t suppose anyone recognises her from these pics? The blue looks very much like the colour of the British Aerospace ones…

hi piston broke,
cool pictures,where did you see this aerodyne? or can you not tell us :laughing: thanks for posting :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

What part of the world did you find this in?, no need to name the street.

Chris Johnson from Lincolnshire had a flat roof in that shade of blue, as was the rest of his fleet, that was on Moroccan work for John Manns. It’s a long shot but I remember the driver saying that he was looking for an aerodyne to go on it.

Cheers
Neilf

Hi Andrew and Neilf

I had to go to someone’s yard the other day with the guy I was working with and in the corner was this sorry looking specimen…

It’s near me - Bristol area - I don’t want to give too much away at the mo for obvious reasons! It is for sale but allegedly the owner is a bit of a ■■■ and is liable to just let it rot if he doesn’t get a good price for her. All the bits are stored in a shed - which is good - but then he leaves the bloody windows open…! From memory, the driveline is complete and still in the chassis, wheels are missing and there doesn’t appear to be much, if any rot. Chassis especially seems to be good but, as I say, I only had a couple of minutes…

There is a fair chance I could find out some more details about her but any more than that would have to be serious enquiries only, even then I’m not sure how far you would get…

I’m quite interested in the history of her myself, so I will put some feelers out… :wink:

Swiss reg’ I know but still worth a look!

IMG_0005.jpg

RDC:

PHU503R1:

RDC:

Cheers Roy

Roy

Hi Roy,
I have info about the K100, its in the Netherland, Wim van Kooten sold the truck to his neighbor. He started restoring it. Brought lot of parts at chopperdokter.nl. He can give you info where the truck is.
GT

Piston broke:
Hi Andrew and Neilf

I had to go to someone’s yard the other day with the guy I was working with and in the corner was this sorry looking specimen…

It’s near me - Bristol area - I don’t want to give too much away at the mo for obvious reasons! It is for sale but allegedly the owner is a bit of a ■■■ and is liable to just let it rot if he doesn’t get a good price for her. All the bits are stored in a shed - which is good - but then he leaves the bloody windows open…! From memory, the driveline is complete and still in the chassis, wheels are missing and there doesn’t appear to be much, if any rot. Chassis especially seems to be good but, as I say, I only had a couple of minutes…

There is a fair chance I could find out some more details about her but any more than that would have to be serious enquiries only, even then I’m not sure how far you would get…

I’m quite interested in the history of her myself, so I will put some feelers out… :wink:

Sorry but I just don’t get people like this :confused: He owns a wagon that he must know to be very rare now, by the looks of things he has no intention of doing anything with it, but rather than sell it he would rather let it crumble into a pile of rust :frowning: I know a bloke not far from me, runs a big business, fascinating yard to go to with all kinds of stuff, he has 2 old ERF tractors, I would willingly have 1 of them myself to do up, but will he sell them to anyone? You got more chance of having a all night session with Catherine Zeta Jones :smiley: :smiley: . He admits he doesn’t want them & has no interest in them at all, but no, lets just let them rot rather than let someone else have the pleasure of doing them up & then other’s seeing them :confused: :angry:

bubbleman:
Ok then heres a few more,these are what became of some of the Whitwills ones.

FHT had a stint on British Aerospace

She grew another axle and went to school

DHW after Gerry Holmes had used it prior to going to Whitwills.

DHW parked at Dandos

DHW on for Floods Plant

KOU in Harvey Internationals colours

LOU in Dandos colours,it had another axle shoved up its backside an ran as a unit then got stretched as Gavin said and ran as a 6 wheel rigid.l got pics of it like that but l cant put them on here.

Marc

CJA1:
took this at one of the race meetings think it was one of Floods, if not the same as in the previous post Regards Chris, CJA!.

tetris418:
Photographed this one at a steam rally at Stoke Prior Nr Bromsgrove on the weekend0

Hi this is our kenworth we have had her since march 03 we only do local shows now she is now put away for the winter

this is our kenworth a 1980 we have had her since 03 .

Hi, weeks before I asked about the KF2304 K100C, but paperwork is still missing. I am looking for free V5C for K100 6x4, any engine and VIN is ok, please send email or pm, thx

kevmac47:
Not quite a KW heres a Pete I photographed just the other day.(more to come). regards kevmac4710

Hi here are some KW’S for you . Tony