Ken Bruce gets the chop!

What radio station do you listen to whilst driving?
Ken Bruce is being axed after 26 years .
Will you miss the Ken Bruce show on BBC radio 2
Are you any good at his pop quiz ?
Or will you by glad to see him go?

not my favourite,his show seems to be on at the wrong time of day to me.
with no traffic news,and a kind of pop eliteist thing going on my cd 's have to go on.
i like radio 4 more…i’m 37…is that bad? :open_mouth:

he does have traffic news every half hour usually with lynne bowles.■■?.
i think there should be people gone before him,ie kennedy,evans,and the like.
i dont mind his show,at the end of the day its better than radio 1.

i am gutted they will regret it.who next to go terry wogan. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

When was this announced?

I would rather they got rid of that toffy nosed tart Kennedy.

Ken.

Who is the replacement going to be?.

Get rid of Kennedy more like, she’s guaranteed to get me to switch over for a while :slight_smile:

Read it today Ken on BBC Radio 2 website. Being replaced by Simon Mayo. Something to do with Ken being too old.

Simon Mayo

well i wont be listening :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

They are all overpaid, good riddance to Ken, Sarah etc…

MyTV licence costs far too much these days so I’m looking forward to the slimy Jonathon Ross having his contract “re-negotiated” too.

I listen to ken bruce in the morning then simon mayo in the afternoon on 5 live my days are going to be totally mixed up. I agree with sacking sarah kennedy she’s ■■■■■■ most mornings.

Just seen the new ‘Lo Salt’ ad could have sworn voiced over by KB obv going on to pastures new

I cant stand Simon Mayo he is an ■■■■■■■■.

Sarah Kennedy is ok but you need to listen for ages I used to hate her.

If Ken goes it looks like it will be Radio 1 for me im far too young at 42 to go to R3 or R4 !!!.

About time too. Used to listen to R2 but got bored with the DJ’s and shows esp. Jeremy Vine and the Daily Mail radio show with its idiot callers, Was listening to R1 till I got a DAB which is now permanently tuned to BBC 6music. Love George Lamb 10am till 1pm.

neil46:

Simon Mayo

well i wont be listening :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

nor me :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

bad move R2 :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

plenty of time yet

Bruce, 57, is expected leave the station after Radio 5 Live completes its long-awaited moved to Manchester around 2011.

Telegraph

Simon Mayo wasn’t my favourite when he was on R1, but has come on in leaps & bounds since becoming ‘part of the furniture’ on R5.

Listening to Ken Bruce is like listening to paint dry - nothing personal, but the guy has the radio presence of a table leg. He tries being funny and isn’t. He tries being sincere and isn’t. He tries being clever and isn’t. Much like Simon Mayo used to be but now isn’t.

A good move by R2, I hope R5 now get rid of Victoria Derbyshire who is the most irksome presenter they have.

They should get rid of Wogan…Rambling idiot… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

They should get rid of Wogan…Rambling idiot… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

You really mean it then :smiley: :smiley: