Keeping truck clean

just curious how far some drivers go to keep there truck clean. and do they do the same to there car?

reason asking was parked loading bay the other day. and was a horesshoe distribution truck on next bay a Scania.

the fella was there polishing his fuel tank. was stainless steel and shiny as hell like a mirror .
I was thinking why the fuel tank? how does he fill up .

I do keep inside of mine clean and tidy after all its my 2nd home . give the outside a jet wash as and when I can. but wondered how far some would go and what there cars are like

Brace ya self, for the its a lorry, or I wouldn’t waste my own time cleaning a lorry …

Or those who take a bit of pride and keep itnice n shiny clean…

Only clean the exterior if i’m back in the yard early on Friday,or run in on Saturday.
Interior is tidy,but dirty.

I’m ocd with my truck and car,gaffer pays for most of polish,puts light bars on etc pays for us to do shows.we run older motors and all paid for so we keep up to them.
And before anyone starts I enjoy doing it,I’d rather get out and polish than go to the smoke shelter or listen to some other driver talk rubbish

Fair play man

Interior absolutely spotless and exterior clean but for the life of me i can not seem to find any decent clothes for cleaning mirrors and windows without leaving a smear, I have lost count with what I have tried so any recommendations would be very welcome

edd1974:
just curious how far some drivers go to keep there truck clean. and do they do the same to there car?

reason asking was parked loading bay the other day. and was a horesshoe distribution truck on next bay a Scania.

the fella was there polishing his fuel tank. was stainless steel and shiny as hell like a mirror .
I was thinking why the fuel tank? how does he fill up .

I do keep inside of mine clean and tidy after all its my 2nd home . give the outside a jet wash as and when I can. but wondered how far some would go and what there cars are like

He caught someone trying to steal his fuel, smashed his head against the tank, then, fearing TNCSI would come along and nail him, cleaned the tank good and proper to get rid of all the evidence.

Maybe.

I get the whole keeping your truck clean . But to me polishing the fuel take is one step to far and pointless. Unless he has some kind of mat he lays out before fuelling up so.doesnt drip onto his clean tank

Lewy:
Interior absolutely spotless and exterior clean but for the life of me i can not seem to find any decent clothes for cleaning mirrors and windows without leaving a smear, I have lost count with what I have tried so any recommendations would be very welcome

Rain ex you can buy it in Asda any microfibre cloth will get it off and leave it spotless and it will stay clean too within limits

edd1974:
I get the whole keeping your truck clean . But to me polishing the fuel take is one step to far and pointless. Unless he has some kind of mat he lays out before fuelling up so.doesnt drip onto his clean tank

Why is it pointless if thats your thing?.Surely you can manage to fill a diesel tank without spilling half of it down the side.I know i can.And no i don’t polish mine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lewy:

This stuff and a micro fibre…
amazon.co.uk/Autobrite-Dire … B00OM0Z92I
Use this all over my house and on my 2 cars…it’s a bit expensive but trust me you won’t use anything else after this.

Did a sunday layover in a services in the South of France near Pau and a German tanker driver spent the day cleaning and polishing the trailer including stripping out his lockers and polishing inside them . It wasn’t a new rig by any means but the guy seemed take a professional pride in everything. Even ghosted out when he left at early doors . Unlike the V8 blingy boys in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Just got new 68 plates in our place with in a day they’ve scrapped the doors against each other only a few wash em even though we’ve got the truck wash just up the road.
I’ll grab me trailer and bang it in the wash on the way out most days and it’s not often to have the same unit twice in a week.
It just keeps everything clean.

Living space kept spotless, and forever brushing out …as I hate a dirty floor.
Dash and trim polished once or twice a week, and cab interior kept as clen and tidy as I can while living in it for the week.
Outside washed at least once a week.
Could not be arsed with all this tank polishing/tyre blacking ■■■■■■■■, and I always have a snigger at these guys on their hands and knees polishing and ■■■■ painting when parked up for the night :unamused: …, as I walk past them on my way for a relaxing meal and a pint. :smiley:

I keep mine tidy inside and outside without going to the extent of polishing and what not.

robroy:
Living space kept spotless, and forever brushing out …as I hate a dirty floor.
Dash and trim polished once or twice a week, and cab interior kept as clen and tidy as I can while living in it for the week.
Outside washed at least once a week.
Could not be arsed with all this tank polishing/tyre blacking ■■■■■■■■, and I always have a snigger at these guys on their hands and knees polishing and [zb] painting when parked up for the night :unamused: …, as I walk past them on my way for a relaxing meal and a pint. :smiley:

Also Rob DVSA can do them for it as well as they see it as other work :wink:

Like to keep the interior reasonably clean, but it’s a working truck and I’m in it all week, so there’s gonna be times it’s cleaner than others. Like to get it washed once a week, but if I don’t get a chance, hey-ho.

Only thing I’m ■■■■ about is lights/markers/reflectors/number plates, especially in winter.

Fair play to the tank-polishers, if that’s your thing, good for you.

Only one thing that makes me cringe: painting tyre brands, chaps it’s not 1981 and they’re not Hoosiers :laughing: Must be a nightmare if one of your Michelins needs to be replaced and all the tyre firm has is a Double Happiness! Do you put it on or sit by the road for an extra few hours? :open_mouth:

Watched two blokes parked up having what looked like a cleaning competition. Never seen anybody before or since unscrew the catwalk and clean underneath it.

I’m in the air dust once or twice a day and a truck wash when I remember camp.

Lewy:

Use scrunched up news papers, and water.

Every day we have two or three STS motors in our place loading. The lorries are all top spec, not blinged up but are immaculate. A couple of their drivers have portable gennies with them and whilst on a bay they spend their time machine polishing wheels, tank, cab etc. Not really my thing but they ain’t harming me so crack on I say.