Keep the noise down

Just getting some shut eye in motorway services when captain stupid tests his air horns :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Then to top it off a Fridge trailer parks next to me burrring away like a bloody tank! :blush: :blush: :blush:

No consideration for other drivers - :unamused: :unamused:

I did feel like smashing the fridge up ,to be honest.

hse.gov.uk/noise/faq.htm

That fridge unit was well over 85 decibels, more like 185db…think of other drivers you noisy gits!

Probably is a East European Agency driver :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Air horns are one thing but fridge trailer guys can’t really do much about it.

Was this just now or early doors this morning?
If early hours then youve got a point about inconsideration (there was a thread not long ago about a muppet blasting his horn at 5am on purpose)
But if it was at same time as your posting then your being a smidgeon unreasonable. You cant expect everyone else to tiptoe about in carpet slippers just because someone wants to have a sleep at 11am in the morning.

Not on Lancaster Forton services South by any chance? Someone here have their horn a go not long ago.

If it was around half 12 last night then I apologise as my armed slipped on the horn and well for the fridge nothing I can do

Has been a car with a wobble box on the back parked in HGV area for half an hour or so with its car alarm going off every time a gust of wind comes through.

Surprised nobody’s damaged it yet.

I was having my break at cobham services once and a driver was reversing into the slot next to me and was inches off taking the front of my cab out, I blasted the horn (Scania) at 0200. I was popular :laughing:

Took him another 3 goes at it then he gave up and parked on the forecourt

I can cope with any work related noise next to me whilst on a break like a fridge, mixer drum, even someone having a tyre changed. What annoys me are;
Drivers who are parked up yet have their handsfree on full volume so we all hear where their next drop is, what the wife did at her mothers etc.
Air horns.
Engines fast revving just because they have stupid exhaust pipes.
Drivers congregating close to a cab that has it’s curtains pulled around.

The-Snowman:
Was this just now or early doors this morning?
If early hours then youve got a point about inconsideration (there was a thread not long ago about a muppet blasting his horn at 5am on purpose)
But if it was at same time as your posting then your being a smidgeon unreasonable. You cant expect everyone else to tiptoe about in carpet slippers just because someone wants to have a sleep at 11am in the morning.

Usually when I read your posts I agree with most things, but I’m going to have to disagree here, I personally think that consideration should be shown whatever the time of the day. Maybe even more so in the daytime as this probably means the driver is a night worker so a better rest is needed to help combat night time driving fatigue :smiley:

maestegboy:
Just getting some shut eye in motorway services when captain stupid tests his air horns :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Then to top it off a Fridge trailer parks next to me burrring away like a bloody tank! :blush: :blush: :blush:

hse.gov.uk/noise/faq.htm

That fridge unit was well over 85 decibels, more like 185db…think of other drivers you noisy gits!

NO sympathy,its a Motorway SERVICE AREA which usually entails 24/7 services if people want to have an undisturbed nights kip don`t park on a 24/7 SERVICE AREA

maestegboy:

hse.gov.uk/noise/faq.htm

Carry your own noise meter do you? :unamused:

Why should somebody potentially damage their load just to suit you?

daily veh checks includes horn :wink:

can you keep the noise down as well please as i work nights and sleep in the day :wink: :unamused: :grimacing:

Had a guy last week 10 45 pm radio blaring out but i didn’t sweat it i was out at 3am the next day so i made sure he knew about it my truck takes an age to build air needs lots of revs

lolipop:

maestegboy:

hse.gov.uk/noise/faq.htm

NO sympathy,its a Motorway SERVICE AREA which usually entails 24/7 services if people want to have an undisturbed nights kip don`t park on a 24/7 SERVICE AREA

A common sense answer +1

I used to turn the fridge off ,when on break ,then back on after ,no harm done :unamused: :unamused:

Just don’t forget to turn it back on! :open_mouth: The fridge unit I used to use was a Thermo King …nowhere near as loud as some of the old oil burning crocks of ■■■■■ out there! :unamused:

Parked in Lymm a few weeks ago around 2300, had my fridge running with pharmaceuticals on board. Another driver got the hump, giving out about the noise, he needed his sleep and so on. He said he would turn off the fridge if I didn’t, I told him in the nicest possible way that if he did I would set his lorry on fire with him in it !!, Wouldn’t really but I had some very expensive Cancer medicine in the fridge, wonder how he would feel if that got rejected and his wife or mother were waiting on it in a hospital somewhere.
If you want a good nights sleep get a job in an office.
Oh, by the way, our ThermoKing fridge motors run on constant at around 65 decibels and thats when you are outside the cab, more like 40 decibels inside.
I get this moaning all the time in the uk, never get it on the continent.

I have no issues with a fridge or anyone coming and going it cant be helped my issue is with inconsiderate dicks playing loud music or shouting at his mate when swapping trailers there’s no excuse for being inconsiderate

eurotrucker10:
Parked in Lymm a few weeks ago around 2300, had my fridge running with pharmaceuticals on board. Another driver got the hump, giving out about the noise, he needed his sleep and so on. He said he would turn off the fridge if I didn’t, I told him in the nicest possible way that if he did I would set his lorry on fire with him in it !!, Wouldn’t really but I had some very expensive Cancer medicine in the fridge, wonder how he would feel if that got rejected and his wife or mother were waiting on it in a hospital somewhere.
If you want a good nights sleep get a job in an office.
Oh, by the way, our ThermoKing fridge motors run on constant at around 65 decibels and thats when you are outside the cab, more like 40 decibels inside.
I get this moaning all the time in the uk, never get it on the continent.

mole grips pipe crimp work every time :imp: :imp: