Keep the noise down

bjd:
I have no issues with a fridge or anyone coming and going it cant be helped my issue is with inconsiderate dicks playing loud music or shouting at his mate when swapping trailers there’s no excuse for being considerate

Now here is your common sense answer, The “Service” areas are the fuel pumps and the main building for getting your snap, using the toilets etc. the parking area is just that. An area to park, so your attitude of “shouldn’t park there if you want to sleep” is way off in my opinion. Consideration is the key word here and if everyone tried to show some then we’d all be better off :smiley:

I pull fridges at night and always work my breaks so that I never have to use a service area with the fridge switched on.

My mate used to work for comet, before he pulled into the services he used to get in the back of his trailer to make sure all the fridges where turned off… What a nice chap :smiley:

I always try and be as quiet as possible, sometimes I have to leave at 04:30am so I leave my engine off till the last minute then drive over to the fuel pumps and wait 5 minutes for it to warm a bit.

eurotrucker10:
If you want a good nights sleep get a job in an office.

:laughing:

Maybe his arm slipped maybe he was doing a pre trip? Do you ■■■■■ foot round the services in the day time so night drivers get a undisturbed kip? I very much doubt it and if you put a good days shift in then a fridge won’t wake you up

mrginge:
fridge trailer guys can’t really do much about it.

kitch91:
well for the fridge nothing I can do

Yes there is, turn the zb’ing thing off…:exclamation::lol:

I think this thread is indicative of modern driving. No one gives a flying fark for anyone else. It’s not rocket science fridge drivers park together and consideration for others in morning or if during the day you go into a service to park and curtains are closed try not to park next to it. Conversely if you are working nights park up somewhere less busy. All this setting fire to lorries and ruining loads. Really?

taffytrucker:
Do you ■■■■■ foot round the services in the day time so night drivers get a undisturbed kip?

Yes…i do

Radar19:
wait 5 minutes for it to warm a bit.

there’s no point really.

Would you turn off the fridge or freezer in your house, and risk food poisoning, kidney failure from poisonous food gone off ?
No , you wouldn’t.
I don’t lorry fridges as they mute out all the other noise.
As said, never an issue on the continent.
Tampering with the load or turning off the fridge, could ruin a load worth millions, such as pharmaceuticals.
Pulleyns have alarms, and anti tampering devices to their fridges.
Why do English drivers get their ■■■■■■■ in a twist over this, simple answer, get ear plugs or have the radio on.

maestegboy:
That fridge unit was well over 85 decibels, more like 185db…think of other drivers you noisy gits!

AFAIK for every 3db increase, the volume of sound doubles.
So a 100db difference would be astronomically deafening

Pimpdaddy:

mrginge:

kitch91:

LISTEN EVERYONE HAS A JOB TO DO SO NO I WILL NOT TURN MY FRIDGE OF ALL YOU DAY DRIVERS PULLING UP MAKING ALL THE NOISE POSSIBLE WHEN I AM SLEEP SO THEY CAN GO ■■■■ THEM SELFS IT WORKS BOTH WAYS… [emoji106] but I am sorry for beeping the horn

Funnily enough I had a fridge park next to me the other night, driver came over and apologised as there wasnt any other spaces available, I informed him there was no need to apologise as I didnt have a ■■■■■■ and could cope, even have some ear muffs (nice pink fluffy ones) just in case.
Still turned his fridge off in the middle of the night though and set fire to his truck, talk about irony the bloody fire engines made more noise… :blush:

Pimpdaddy:

mrginge:

kitch91:

Isn’t tampering with someone’s load against the law somewhere.

Last time I pulled reefer dispatch could tell what setting in had it on or if it was turned on at all so turning it off would do jack

taffytrucker:
Isn’t tampering with someone’s load against the law somewhere.

Last time I pulled reefer dispatch could tell what setting in had it on or if it was turned on at all so turning it off would do jack

It might be but if the law is not enforced then it’s pretty much useless:)

They may be able to tell the temperature but they can’t switch it on/off. Turning it off would certainly do something, give people a good quiet nights sleep:!:

And the driver would just get a phone call to switch it back on.

As a previous poster says reefers only seem to be a problem in the UK

taffytrucker:
And the driver would just get a phone call to switch it back on.

Surely that’s an interruption of your daily rest as it’d be classed as other work!? If I was a tramper & I was having my 9 or 11 off I’d switch my phone off as well, especially for work:)