Keep a Lookout, Please!

Not sure if this is the right place to post but feeling a bit desperate at the moment :exclamation: :exclamation:

The company I work for only runs 2 vehicles and one of them left Bow (East London) at 0830 this morning and hasn’t returned to the factory, as of 1955 this evening, he was expected back around 1400 :exclamation: :exclamation:

The vehicle is a white Iveco Eurocargo day cab high cube box van with ‘Home Distribution Service’ signwritten in blue on the sides and back doors, reg; no; YJ03 VWM

If anyone has seen this vehicle parked up or involved in any ‘incident’ anywhere between London & West Yorks; I would really appreciate some info; PM me preferably;

If any of the mods; feel this post is innapropriate please remove it

At 1930 I informed the police about the missing vehicle & driver but know that drivers sometimes have better eyes than the boys & girls in blue :wink:

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated
Regards
Dave Penn;

With friday traffic Dave he’s probably still on his way back. 5 and a half hours Bow to West Yorks and back is a bit optimistic.

DaiDap:
With friday traffic Dave he’s probably still on his way back. 5 and a half hours Bow to West Yorks and back is a bit optimistic.

On a friday it`s more like 5 1/2 each way.

Perchance the driver has gone straight home with it?

Read the mans’ post properly! His driver LEFT Bow 0830 this morning to RETURN to West Yorkshire eta 1400. It was a ONE WAY trip!

Should have gone to SPECSAVERS! :unamused: :slight_smile:

Any news fella?

Don’t want to get into any disputes about ‘from here to there and back to here’ but this run is a regular 0630 tip and with a 15min break on the way down the driving time,with no hold ups, is usually 4hrs 05mins, on the return it can stiil be done within 4.30 hrs but if any hold ups there’s no rush and you are able to stop for a 45.

This fella left Bow at 0830 at still hasn’t returned or been in contact at 2030 :exclamation:
There has been no contact from the Police/HA/VOSA to say our vehicle has been involved in an ‘incident’ so we are worried for the drivers welfare. :question: :question:

He isn’t answering his phone and he isn’t parked anywhere near his home address :exclamation: so we don’t know what has happened to him or our truck and just need to know whats happening :question: :question:

If he’s parked up in a layby, asleep or unwell, we can get things sorted out and get the driver back home and the truck recovered.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Got a pic of the truck handy?

nickyboy:
Got a pic of the truck handy?

Sorry mate no pics, just your generic white Iveco day cab 7.5 ton workhorse, apart from the bit of signwriting.

Still haven’t found the truck or driver :question: :question:

Thanks for you help,
Regards
Dave Penn;

Have you looked up and rang all the individual police forces on his route? I would try this just incase there has been a lack of communication somewhere along the line. I hope nothing serious has happened to him.

44 Tonne Ton:
Read the mans’ post properly!

Oh yeah. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Sorry Dave.

Hope yer man turns up soon.

Just to let people know :slight_smile: Our truck has been found parked up in Dewsbury :smiley: :smiley: But driver has done a disappearing act along with the signed receipt and invoice from the customer in Bow but as our terms are CoD it’s not the receipt & invoice that are really important :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: It’s the folding that he’s skipped off with that is more important :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
I feel very angy at the moment coz the company is going through a bit of a rough time and this dead leg’s actions could put a few of us on the dole :imp: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth:

Hopefully not me though :question: :wink:

Thanks & Regards to all
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Just to let people know :slight_smile: Our truck has been found parked up in Dewsbury :smiley: :smiley: But driver has done a disappearing act along with the signed receipt and invoice from the customer in Bow but as our terms are CoD it’s not the receipt & invoice that are really important :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: It’s the folding that he’s skipped off with that is more important :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
I feel very angy at the moment coz the company is going through a bit of a rough time and this dead leg’s actions could put a few of us on the dole :imp: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth:

Hopefully not me though :question: :wink:

Thanks & Regards to all
Dave Penn;

Hang on Dave, he still could of been done over !!! And i’ll bet right now he’s going around Dewsbury offering people a tenner to give him a crack and by the morning he’ll look like he’s bee in the ring with Mike Tyson :smiley: It aint over till the fat lady sings :smiley:

What a carry on. Obviously you were right to be concerned.

How well was this driver vetted before being employed to handle cash?
I guess from what you say we aren’t just talking a couple of hundred here?

Were the keys in the truck? Tacho card?

Well at least you have the truck back so it can go out & earn again on Monday - if there’s a driver.

Hi D1UK, & Mike-C,
Can’t really give any more details than that wev’e found the truck :slight_smile: :confused:
PM me if you want to know more :wink:

It’s only in the last month that I’ve insisted that I take over the monitoring of drivers that work for the company that the owners bring in on an ‘ad-hoc basis’ This driver was one I had only seen twice and spoken to once when I gave him a box and folder to keep his tacho’s in.

Just glad we have found the truck, thought he might have been ligged out in a layby somewhere but really ■■■■■■ off that it looks looks like he’s done one with payment for the load :angry: :imp: :smiling_imp:

regards
Dave Penn;

Do you mind if i ask what the truck was loaded with dave?

I may be a lot of things, and am no angel. But I hate thieves with a passion. Hope it turns out that he DID steal the cash, and that you find him and deal with him YOUR way, not the old bill route! :wink:

How much cash are we talking about?

To answer the questions about the load and possible cash that went missing :question: :question: I’d prefer to answer them through the PM system. As the incident is now in the hands of the local Police, they found the truck parked up in Dewsbury and have arrested the driver, it’s probably better to keep further discussion off an open forum.

Ok fellas :slight_smile:
Thanks for everyones help, support and PM’s
Regards
Dave Penn;

i hope all works out well for you and your co dave.

WOW, errrr, glad it’s kinda sorted :slight_smile:
Strange, did the driver think he’d get away with nicking the money, you have his mug shot and address etc :unamused: