Keep a Lookout, Please!

Amazes me how stupid some people are. How did he think he was going to get away with it when you knew who he was? :confused:

Silver_Surfer:
Amazes me how stupid some people are. How did he think he was going to get away with it when you knew who he was? :confused:

It is a bit short-sighted isnā€™t it? I can only imagine he was facing some threat greater than arrest if he didnā€™t find some cash pronto e.g. Mr Big and the concrete wellies.

any update dave?

Well I thought I would ressurect this thread just to keep people informed into what has gone on since my first post back in Sept; :astonished:

The driver stole the payment for the load of beds that he had delivered to a regular customer in London, Ā£2300 in total, he had been employed by the company for 6 weeks and had been doing this one delivery all the time, it appears he had planned this theft as he didnā€™t bring his car to the factory that day and also took a passenger with him on the delivery.

It now seems that after the truck was found the driver wasnā€™t arrested, as I was initially told :confused: :confused: :exclamation: , he was on his way out of the country to Pakistan and as far as I know that is where he is now :exclamation: :exclamation:

To say this theft has had an effect on the company would be an understatement :open_mouth: :exclamation: Itā€™s very disheartning and demoralising to see a thriving little company go downhill so quickly and even though over the weeks since the theft Iā€™ve done my best to cover all the extra work thatā€™s been needed to keep production going it lookā€™s like the end is nigh :frowning: :frowning: and Iā€™m going to be out of a job :angry: :angry:

So fellaā€™s if anyone can help me find a good 7.5 ton job prefarably around Yorkshire it would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

PS prepared to travel and be away from home also have lots of experience in the transport game and have a OP CPC.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Multicultural experiment.

davepenn54:
Well I thought I would ressurect this thread just to keep people informed into what has gone on since my first post back in Sept; :astonished:

The driver stole the payment for the load of beds that he had delivered to a regular customer in London, Ā£2300 in total, he had been employed by the company for 6 weeks and had been doing this one delivery all the time, it appears he had planned this theft as he didnā€™t bring his car to the factory that day and also took a passenger with him on the delivery.

It now seems that after the truck was found the driver wasnā€™t arrested, as I was initially told :confused: :confused: :exclamation: , he was on his way out of the country to Pakistan and as far as I know that is where he is now :exclamation: :exclamation:

To say this theft has had an effect on the company would be an understatement :open_mouth: :exclamation: Itā€™s very disheartning and demoralising to see a thriving little company go downhill so quickly and even though over the weeks since the theft Iā€™ve done my best to cover all the extra work thatā€™s been needed to keep production going it lookā€™s like the end is nigh :frowning: :frowning: and Iā€™m going to be out of a job :angry: :angry:

So fellaā€™s if anyone can help me find a good 7.5 ton job prefarably around Yorkshire it would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

PS prepared to travel and be away from home also have lots of experience in the transport game and have a OP CPC.

Regards
Dave Penn;

So sorry to read the bad bad news mate about this scumbag ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  your company up the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ,hope things turn out ok for you mate,best of luck!!

Yeah yourā€™e right there harry, iā€™m the only employee with English as their first language :open_mouth: :exclamation: :wink: itā€™s felt very uncomfortable and isolating at times but I just get my head down and get on with the job if you get my drift :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Now I feel sorry for your plite fella but are you telling us this guy collected the Ā£2300 cash from a customer?(or have i miss read it) If so and you trusted a guy you knew just six weks to do that then oh dear :cry:

Yes Imp he was trusted by the people who employed him, possibly because he went to the same mosque as them :unamused: :unamused:

As I said previously Iā€™m the only employee who speaks English as their fisrt language :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Yeah yourā€™e right there harry, iā€™m the only employee with English as their first language :open_mouth: :exclamation: :wink: itā€™s felt very uncomfortable and isolating at times but I just get my head down and get on with the job if you get my drift :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Sorry to hear that,Dave. I have had the same experience, but the firm was Swiss.( Better class of foreigner!) :laughing:

davepenn54:
ā€¦he was on his way out of the country to Pakistan and as far as I know that is where he is now :exclamation: :exclamation:

And no doubt making a contribution to the funds of the Talibanā€¦where his true sympathies probably lie!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Perhaps he was raising funds for an arranged marriageā€¦to his sister/cousin/mother/aunt/grannyā€¦no wonder all the women got sideburns,thighbrows and been left Freddie Mercurys teeth in his willā€¦ :smiley:

Iā€™m really sorry that it looks like your job is on the line Dave.

But it canā€™t be all down to the fact that the company lost Ā£2300 due to theft by an employee.

Many of the smaller bed firms are in real trouble at the moment. The big boys; Silentnight Group (Silentnight, Sealy, Rest Asssured) and the others are having a hard time but can survive through discounting and sheer volume.

If the loss was Ā£23,000 I could understand there being problems but Ā£2,300 having a real negative effect points to a company having real cash flow difficulties.

The actual loss was, the production costs (Ā£1500?) + fuel to London; less any money that was owed to him.

Not something Iā€™d take lying downā€¦

Ian58:
Iā€™m really sorry that it looks like your job is on the line Dave.

But it canā€™t be all down to the fact that the company lost Ā£2300 due to theft by an employee.

Many of the smaller bed firms are in real trouble at the moment. The big boys; Silentnight Group (Silentnight, Sealy, Rest Asssured) and the others are having a hard time but can survive through discounting and sheer volume.

If the loss was Ā£23,000 I could understand there being problems but Ā£2,300 having a real negative effect points to a company having real cash flow difficulties.

The actual loss was, the production costs (Ā£1500?) + fuel to London; less any money that was owed to him.

Hi Ian58, the companies you mention are in a completey different league to the one I work for :astonished: In West Yorks; there are dozens of very small bed making cos; that are all Asian owned and who seem to work from week to week, and yes there is more to the story than just this one theft but this incident was the nail in the coffin :exclamation: :exclamation: for the company I work for :frowning:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
possibly because he went to the same mosque as them :

Regards
Dave Penn;

Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the big one in Ravensthorpe?

Ken.

Quinny:

davepenn54:
possibly because he went to the same mosque as them :

Regards
Dave Penn;

Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the big one in Ravensthorpe?

Ken.

Thereā€™s a new one just opened Ken, opposite the garage.

Muckaway:
Not something Iā€™d take lying downā€¦

Class :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: