K P Iddon Leyland

AlexWignall:

largebloke1969:
ive recently seen and erf in iddons colours , with the name john iddon on the side , any ideas?

I know John Iddon was Keith and Phillips Dad. I don’t know the family so I couldn’t say if it’s him or his Waggon.

W

Hello all.

From what I know if I rember right when I worked there donkeys yrs ago. This will be son of Keith John…

Peter

Peter Wells:

AlexWignall:

largebloke1969:
ive recently seen and erf in iddons colours , with the name john iddon on the side , any ideas?

I know John Iddon was Keith and Phillips Dad. I don’t know the family so I couldn’t say if it’s him or his Waggon.

W

Hello all.

From what I know if I rember right when I worked there donkeys yrs ago. This will be son of Keith John…

Peter

Hi Peter, that would make perfect sense. Like I said before good on him!

W

Hi.

Young john was nee hight to a grass hopper when I work there in the workshop with Gary. I did work lots on the Leyland marathan and god did I hate it. But it did pull like a train with a big cam 290 ■■■■■■■■

Peter

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

AlexWignall:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

AlexWignall:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
I used to work for Chris Millers many years ago, when they were at Marsh lane

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928266,-3.269793
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember Millers on Winery Lane but not up in Preston. We’re you in what became Endmonsons old place?

W

they had a place behind edmunsons,long gone now, 25 years ago now since I was there, most of the drivers transferred to ainscough cranes. It was a fantastic job

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928409,-3.269923

Goes to show what can be achieved from the back streets of Preston.

I couldn’t for the life of me remember how to spell ‘Edmunsons’ last night so I’m sorry about that.

I still see that big Chris Miller van around Preston are they still doing a bit?

W

Chris miller transport all but shut down years ago, I think one of the sons went into lifting boats in and out of the marina in Preston docks. I think they still do a little machinery movements but not sure as I moved to Scotland 20 years ago. I also worked for Cannings in Leyland for a time also

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928305,-3.269930

There was a good few ex Cannings lads at Montgomeries when I started there. Even Don Brennan in the office came from Wigan Road.

They taught me well and I’m proud to say that I worked with them.

We’ve had a few modern Montgomery lads join us, sadly, not the same calibre of the blokes I used to work with.

W

Many moons ago at an Atkinson Rally

wheeltapper:

1985, I think, the 10th anniversary of the end of Atkinson production, and several of those motors are still about!

240 Gardner:

wheeltapper:

1985, I think, the 10th anniversary of the end of Atkinson production, and several of those motors are still about!

Well Mr 240. STF and the other I have worked on both wile working for Iddon. Engine was the last job in STF along with many diffs and back and fornt springs.

STF is bkoken into bits at Lynch trucks Padiham. Engine and box are on the floor, dont know were the cab is. There are bits and bobs of the chassis kicking about. I will ask Mr S Lynch next time I am in there to see whats going on.

Peter

K & P Iddon Transport of Leyland

Peter Wells:
Well Mr 240. STF and the other I have worked on both wile working for Iddon. Engine was the last job in STF along with many diffs and back and fornt springs.

STF is bkoken into bits at Lynch trucks Padiham. Engine and box are on the floor, dont know were the cab is. There are bits and bobs of the chassis kicking about. I will ask Mr S Lynch next time I am in there to see whats going on.

Peter

Thanks Peter - I’ve seen some pics of STF at Lynch’s, though the cab was still on at that time. UTC was broken up at Leyland, wasn’t it? Another of their motors has been restored though, MCW 388P - I think it might have been based in Dundee.

Hello Alex I used to overnight at the Ribblesdale or Silent Seventh as John Weet renamed it.It was a busy cafe late 60s/70s I heard it is now a Garden Centre.At that time Caledonian ran the depo and the cafe was a popular digs for them fine & handy the Caley ran a lot of trunks to there from Dumfries both day and night. Eddie.

AlexWignall:

wheeltapper:

largebloke1969:

That would be this one

Spot on. I always liked that livery. Good luck to him.

Here’s a shot of that ERF taken at Immingham truckstop about a fortnight ago.
A very tidy outfit. Regards Kevmac47.
007.JPG

erfguy:
Hello Alex I used to overnight at the Ribblesdale or Silent Seventh as John Weet renamed it.It was a busy cafe late 60s/70s I heard it is now a Garden Centre.At that time Caledonian ran the depo and the cafe was a popular digs for them fine & handy the Caley ran a lot of trunks to there from Dumfries both day and night. Eddie.

Sorry about the long delay in my reply Eddie, been a bit busy…

The ‘Ribblesdale’ is a builders merchants now. I can clearly remember it as a transport cafe when I was a little boy, might of even gone in with my Grandad.

Pretty sure that the ‘Little Chef’ on the roundabout was a transport cafe too. Thats a very posh restaurant now.

Do you know if lorries used to park at the Anchor opposite the Police HQ? I’ll have to ask the lads in the pub tonight.

BTW. You might remember the Macenzie Arms in Bamber Bridge as a popular stopover in the Seventies? Sorry to tell you it was recently demolished…

W

Hi Alex I dont recall seeing any parking opposite the police hdq’s. I did’nt know the one in Bamber bridge we never stopped off there. Eddie.

That ECX must be ex Jack Richards with that reg and the pram wheels on the second axle. Jack had about 18 of them in 2001 . I drove Y651 AEX good wagons when they sorted out the teething troubles

eric the judge:
That ECX must be ex Jack Richards with that reg and the pram wheels on the second axle. Jack had about 18 of them in 2001 . I drove Y651 AEX good wagons when they sorted out the teething troubles

It must be, the ECX lorries that Iddons had had regular lift axles I’m certain of it. I just assumed John Iddon scrounged the thing from the yard sale.
BTW, Mick Wilson has Iddons yard these days.

W

erfguy:
Hi Alex I dont recall seeing any parking opposite the police hdq’s. I did’nt know the one in Bamber bridge we never stopped off there. Eddie.

Eddie, I’m making a considerable effort in research… Hic, hic, burp…

Another one for you with permission from and thanks to Len Rogers.
Oily

John Iddon’s latest. DAF XF - MX62MKF:

At Dundee a while back, all credit to Ron Hann for the photo.
Oily

TKN Btn ERF Ron Hann cc by sa 2.0 Dundee._-geograph.org.uk-_74723.jpg

ERF EC11 - R885TNN:

ERF EC15 - R959HCA: