Just wondered?

Can anybody tell me why some drivers (usually in a Scania) have their cab curtains pulled half way across their side windows whilst driving?
Is it because that they are that ugly that they want to hide their faces,
or do they think that people are impressed by the tassles on the velvet curtains.
If there is a practical answer do tell - its been bugging me for ages !!
:smiley:

Maybe its to stop the glare from the sun

i have mine like tha cos i like them tha way i think they look nice, mine r red velvet type with tassles on and they help keep the glare out the cab and yes i can see out of my mirrors eitherside !

and yes i drive a scania

124L 420 topline for ya info !

Fair play,i bet you have to lean forward that much to see if its safe on entering a roundabout /junction you put your"e back out lol
Whats wrong with swinging sun visors?

haha i tend to lean forward while am drivin anyway not good 4 the bak ino but am only 22 and my bak can hopefully take alot more leanin forward, if am on the motorway i do sit bak like as its relaxin but i av seen sum drivers hu r sat tha far bak they cnt even see over the steering wheel madness although i do admit if u seen me on the motorway u wud jus see my arm nothin else :smiley:

Can anybody tell me why some drivers (usually in a Scania)

Trying to hide from the shame of a 4 series I spect.

DAFMAD:

Can anybody tell me why some drivers (usually in a Scania)

Trying to hide from the shame of a 4 series I spect.

haha prefer a scania to a daf any day

better drivin postion better mirrors all round better truck imo

but i have worked on an driven scanias more than any other truck so thats my opinion

mark h:
haha i tend to lean forward while am drivin anyway not good 4 the bak ino but am only 22 and my bak can hopefully take alot more leanin forward, if am on the motorway i do sit bak like as its relaxin but i av seen sum drivers hu r sat tha far bak they cnt even see over the steering wheel madness although i do admit if u seen me on the motorway u wud jus see my arm nothin else :smiley:

No offence mate,any chance of that in English ?

haha u sed bet ya i av to lean far forward at roundabouts etc i was sayin tha unless am on a motorway i tend to drive leanin forward anyways,

i was also sayin av seen a few drivers hu sit tha far bak its dangerous aswell with having their curtains like mine as they look like they cudnt see over the steering wheel,

tha better??

Fair play mate , i think youv"e answered my question, its a macho/poseur thing
:sunglasses: - no practical reason

Suedehead:
Fair play mate , i think youv"e answered my question, its a macho/poseur thing
:sunglasses: - no practical reason

cudnt agree more with u my dad laughs at me wen we pass but i like them and they look smart wudnt really say macho but posin yerr any 1 hu says different is lying

Suedehead:
Can anybody tell me why some drivers (usually in a Scania) have their cab curtains pulled half way across their side windows whilst driving?

I’ve no idea, but i do know that some people seem to have the hump about them having curtains like this, so much so that they have seen pictures posted on forums like this and taken to emailing the drivers employer about such matters. Whats your interest?

Like i said in my original post, i wondered why they do it ?
Bye the way, havent got “the hump about it” - just asking !!

I seen recently one guy (in fact he was driving an Iveco) and he has curtains up to 2/3 window to the front. It was belgian left-■■■■■■ and when he was overtaking me, he was pulling the curtain back by hand to be able to see a mirror - I was able only to see one of his hands on the driving wheel when we were driving side by side.

Soon it was step hill, and I overtaken him. Right courtain was exactly the same maneer.

I guess that guy must have really long right hand, or he’s not looking into right mirrors at all…

I rest my case

I understand Orys’ posts easier than MarkH’s

Could it be that the Polish have gotten so good at everything that they’re taking over our language too? :laughing: Yeah, Orys writes well, bet he speaks it better than some natives as well :smiley:
I can see why you’d use your curtains as a sunshade… maybe it’s down to the people who have such poorly equipped trucks that they don’t have real side sunshades? I don’t need to use my curtains to stop glare from the sides, I have a decent truck that has a proper blind I can pull down to do that job.
(By the way, it’s a DAF!! Why is it the Dutch can fit shades on the side windows and the Scandinavians can’t?)

I thought it was so the police can’t see you on your mobile. :wink:

del949:
I understand Orys’ posts easier than MarkH’s

Yeah but Marks is a Macho thing you cant beat writing in txt language even if none of the oldies on this site know what the hell he’s on about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh dear having had to change job(company went bust) I’m now in a Scania, does this mean i have to pull the curtains?
I miss my Volvo!