Just to say thank you

to the tipper driver and his mate who got me sacked from my last job.

the 8k check arrived today for wrongfull dismissal :smiley:

and it hanst bothered you in the slightest but you have gone on to register and post on a website as your 1st post. :laughing:

hmm 8k so about 3-4 months to find the next job?

its always the tipper drivers mind you :open_mouth:

i have not looked for another job.

i am now a happy agency driver.

and yes it did bother me as i was on holiday at the time of the second incident and nobody noticed this untill 6 weeks ago.

i dont understand wht you mean its always the tipper driver.

its sarcasm at the original post

why?

its a genuine thank you.

i now do less hours for more money, choose my shifts and am looking at booking another holiday for the new year.

he said he was driving a tipper truck in his statment.

i hope that helps.

why not send a card? flowers? or even a basket of fruit?

is the driver a member on here?

just seems very strange that - you are better off, not bothered about losing the job, but chose to join a site not even comment on anything else on here but put this as your first post/comments etc.

whilst i do have his name i dont have his address to send flowers or a card too .

i have not commented on any subject on this site as i did not know it existed until wednesday evening but i may do so in future.

but some body surgested that he may well read this.

How did they get you sacked ?
Come on Spill the Beans.

of course, i tell as many people as possible.

i was doing 38mph in a 40mph section from nottingham to grantham.

he said i was speeding up and slowing down in a dangerous manner and when he overtook i attempted to drive him off the road.

another person rang me ex employer and said i had done the samething 3 days later.

when i get back off holiday i get a p45 from head office and told i no longer work there.

but nobody had spotted i was on holiday at the time of the second incident.

so bingo it was not me guv

Sounds like they didn’t investigate it very well, if I had that accusation against me & I knew that it wasn’t me, I would have fought it all the way.

Well done on getting the 8 grand & maybe it was the excuse you needed to get a better job.

thank you.

its been a stressfull few months because you can not claim anything if your sacked.

but i am happier than i have been in years and dispite what other people think i love beeing an agency driver.

How did you get your payment, tribunal, small claims, pre action settlement.

Just seems a bit far fetched that a tipper driver would be capable of spotting or judging poor driving behaviour.

Good for you though, nowt wrong with agency drivers…

nothing wrong with agency driving its my choice when i drive too.

bit thick of the company mind you not realising it was when you were on holiday.

the lazy driver:
of course, i tell as many people as possible.

i was doing 38mph in a 40mph section from nottingham to grantham.

Sorry, but the above says to me “avoid this driver in a weighbridge, waiting room etc.”

it was a settlement offer prior to a tribunal run by acas.

A condition of the settlement was I can not name the company.

I have also received no idea who sent out the p45 or covering letter as the person who signed it has refused to attend any meeting.

acas are a good tool for things like this in all seriousness.

Great people even told me which forms to download and more or less which sections to use

the lazy driver:
…he said i was speeding up and slowing down in a dangerous manner and when he overtook i attempted to drive him off the road.

No smoke without fire.

Be careful what you put on here if you have signed a compromise agreement just because you don’t name the company if anyone recognises them and that includes the other driver they could ask for there money back.