Just Stop Oil

Marky-p:
Speaking of alternative fuel / energy sources….

TESLA is currently disrupting the energy industry.

Tesla, a Tech company that is also involved in energy, software, artificial intelligence, robotics, insurance and soon mineral mining to name a few.

If you have a Tesla Power Wall (battery storage), Tesla solar roof panels, and a Tesla vehicle……you need not ever pay for household electricity or petrol/diesel EVER AGAIN.

The solar powers your house and car, plus you can sell power back to the grid.

The Tesla Megapack is an industrial sized version of the Powerwall, an increasing number of power stations are currently using them to stabilise the grid and to prevent power outages; eliminating the need for coal peaker plants. Megapack can also be used to build a localised grid that can disconnect from the main grid.

To get an idea of how big Tesla’s energy business will be: Tesla aims to sell 20 million cars a year by 2030 which means about $1 trillion in revenue from just their car business alone. They also state that their energy business will eventually be even BIGGER. However, their humanoid robots business will be bigger than everything else combined.

In the meantime, Tesla will continue to grow by at least 50% every year (this is not investing advice).

I personally don’t believe in climate change but I do believe that Elon Musk is doing the most to accelerate the change from fossil fuels to sustainable clean energy.

Tesla grow by 50% a year? Funny share down 30% over the last year, certainly not investment advice

Marky-p:

JeffA:

Marky-p:
Does anyone on this forum believe the protestors are justified in their actions?

Its like any historical movement - in 100 years the just stop oil “maniacs” will be seen as true heroes just like the maniacs who got women the vote or gave poor kids the right to an education, or the NHS. Back then all the same clueless right-wingers would be whining that we cant afford any of it.

I’m sorry but when you have radical leftists in government like AOC behaving like climate alarmists, stating that the world will end in 12 years; that does not bode well for their credibility.

The clue: the world’s not going to end in 12 years…just in case anybody’s wondering :unamused:

Look at the bigger picture rather than individuals tho. Every right-winger in britain said the nhs was impossible - thank god the health alarmists got power when they did or we would still be getting told it was unaffordable.

switchlogic:

JeffA:

Carryfast:
There is no room for compromise.
These useful idiots are trying to impose a dangerous, unaffordable, energy policy on us if not send us back to the stone age.
All based on their personal belief/pretext that CO2, let alone at Earth’s minimum level required to sustain plant life, is going to cook the planet.
Or more often a far left wealth redistribution agenda.Which is why they aren’t protesting outside the Chinese embassy telling China to cease it’s fossil fuel use, including its UK oil and gas imports, immediately.
While having plenty of time to create disruption and afford their energy policy on their DWP benefits.

Where did you study climate science?

University of YouTube, Surrey campus

He left school 60 years ago with a swimming badge to his name but became a world authority on climate science after watching an episode of jeremy clarksons farm

Marky-p:

If you have a Tesla Power Wall (battery storage), Tesla solar roof panels, and a Tesla vehicle……you need not ever pay for household electricity or petrol/diesel EVER AGAIN.

I have 16 solar panels, but no battery. I don’t believe you could ever be self reliant in the UK on your roof top panels for your home nevermind your car as well. On a sunny winters day about noon I don’t get enough power for a kettle without relying on the grid. You would need a big enough battery to retain summer sun throughout the winter.

I remember a few years ago we were all heading towards an ice age, then we were all threatened as the ozone layer was going to disappear, now it is climate change. I also recall when we were all told we should buy diesel vehicles and smoking caused asthma.,

I guess the science is what is politically correct at the time.

robroy:
Ahh Truck & Driver mag.
I bought T&D since it first came out, still got some very early editions up on loft somewhere.
It got to the stage latterly where I just lost more and more interest in it, but still bought it but only for the big crossword.
I.was flying off somewhere about 3 years ago, and bought it for crossword to do on the flight, to discover they had stopped doing em.
Was totally disgusted :smiley: and never bought a one since.

I know how you feel, i felt exactly the same way when i discovered page 3 of the Sun is no longer the same!

JeffA:

Carryfast:
These useful idiots are trying to impose a dangerous, unaffordable, energy policy on us if not send us back to the stone age.
All based on their personal belief/pretext that CO2, let alone at Earth’s minimum level required to sustain plant life, is going to cook the planet.
Or more often a far left wealth redistribution agenda.Which is why they aren’t protesting outside the Chinese embassy telling China to cease it’s fossil fuel use, including its UK oil and gas imports, immediately.
While having plenty of time to create disruption and afford their energy policy on their DWP benefits.

Obviously not the same place that you did.
Which is why by definition you believe that CO2 cooked Venus but somehow it also froze Mars.

The climate has been changing since forever.Relatively speaking it is only recently that we were in an ice age.

lynchy:

Marky-p:
Speaking of alternative fuel / energy sources….

TESLA is currently disrupting the energy industry.

Tesla, a Tech company that is also involved in energy, software, artificial intelligence, robotics, insurance and soon mineral mining to name a few.

The Tesla Megapack is an industrial sized version of the Powerwall, an increasing number of power stations are currently using them to stabilise the grid and to prevent power outages; eliminating the need for coal peaker plants. Megapack can also be used to build a localised grid that can disconnect from the main grid.

To get an idea of how big Tesla’s energy business will be: Tesla aims to sell 20 million cars a year by 2030 which means about $1 trillion in revenue from just their car business alone. They also state that their energy business will eventually be even BIGGER. However, their humanoid robots business will be bigger than everything else combined.

In the meantime, Tesla will continue to grow by at least 50% every year (this is not investing advice).

I personally don’t believe in climate change but I do believe that Elon Musk is doing the most to accelerate the change from fossil fuels to sustainable clean energy.

Tesla grow by 50% a year? Funny share down 30% over the last year, certainly not investment advice

Technically the actual figure is closer to 60-70% per year. 50% is a conservative figure.

Just before the pandemic they were a $60 billion dollar company - just over a year later they became a trillion dollar company. People made 20 times their money.

But yeah it’s your money, you do want you want fella…

Sent from my SM-A135F using Tapatalk

JeffA:

Marky-p:

JeffA:

Marky-p:
Does anyone on this forum believe the protestors are justified in their actions?

Its like any historical movement - in 100 years the just stop oil “maniacs” will be seen as true heroes just like the maniacs who got women the vote or gave poor kids the right to an education, or the NHS. Back then all the same clueless right-wingers would be whining that we cant afford any of it.

I’m sorry but when you have radical leftists in government like AOC behaving like climate alarmists, stating that the world will end in 12 years; that does not bode well for their credibility.

The clue: the world’s not going to end in 12 years…just in case anybody’s wondering :unamused:

Look at the bigger picture rather than individuals tho. Every right-winger in britain said the nhs was impossible - thank god the health alarmists got power when they did or we would still be getting told it was unaffordable.

Well to be fair…the government is doing a crap job of running the nhs.

stu675:

Marky-p:

I have 16 solar panels, but no battery. I don’t believe you could ever be self reliant in the UK on your roof top panels for your home nevermind your car as well. On a sunny winters day about noon I don’t get enough power for a kettle without relying on the grid. You would need a big enough battery to retain summer sun throughout the winter.

I can accept that places like the UK would find it harder than say Spain.

You can however obtain several Tesla Powerwall batteries and store more energy that way.

Only time will tell…

The assumption is electric vehicles are the future - theres questions about how sustainable electric cars would be

switchlogic:

JeffA:

Carryfast:

You seem to be having a problem in providing your supposed last month’s electric bill for some reason.
When the truth is people can’t even afford to run their gas fired heating let alone replacing it with an electric boiler at around three times the unit price

Carryfast:

JeffA:

Carryfast:

Which is why by definition you believe that CO2 cooked Venus but somehow it also froze Mars.

So you havnt studied it and your version is what an old truck driver with no education and no idea of the fundamentals of climate science can grasp.

JeffA:

Carryfast:

JeffA:

Carryfast:

So you havnt studied it and your version is what an old truck driver with no education and no idea of the fundamentals of climate science can grasp.

You obviously haven’t ‘studied’ anything at all obviously believing in such an oxymoron.
So with all your supposed ‘study’ how did CO2 supposedly cook Venus according to Carl Sagan but it froze Mars.
It’s obvious that you believe and study whatever your far left useful idiots tell you to believe.

JeffA:

switchlogic:

JeffA:

Carryfast:

He left school 60 years ago with a swimming badge to his name but became a world authority on climate science after watching an episode of jeremy clarksons farm

Not to mention a transport industry genius and engineering expert.

An expert is a has been, drip under pressure. Yep, sounds like CF.

Carryfast:

You are spot on with everything here.

Especially the wealth distribution part, which I’m really opposed to.

JeffA:

Carryfast:

JeffA:

While every climate scam activist is a qualified climate scientist and there are no qualified sceptic scientists ( in the believers’ laughably. biased view ).
Biased to the point where they agree that it’s distance from the Sun and low atmospheric pressure that froze Mars.
But they believe it’s the CO2 content of the atmosphere that supposedly cooked Venus.

JeffA:
The assumption is electric vehicles are the future - theres questions about how sustainable electric cars would be

Read somewhere that there is a Co. starting up to see if it is viable to recycle EV batteries. If not then it is estimated that 9 million tonnes will go to landfill. No dates quoted though.

SWEDISH BLUE:

JeffA:

Read somewhere that there is a Co. starting up to see if it is viable to recycle EV batteries. If not then it is estimated that 9 million tonnes will go to landfill. No dates quoted though.

Hydrogen fuelled ICE complies with everything they want and no need for batteries.Bearing in mind they don’t think that water vapour is a greenhouse gas.
However it’s clear that the agenda of these useful idiots is totally anti car use taking advantage of the climate scam to impose it.