Just Stop Oil

I feel they are part of the government ,sounds daft but I think in is to get joe public riled so they demand the gov do something and bring in new laws to restrict protest :question:

robroy:
Don’t know much about these ‘stop oil’ crusty protestors, usually these type of people are either too rich, too idle, or both, to go out to work,.and disrupt and ■■■■ off those that have to,.so basically I have zero time for them.
If it was up to me they would be removed either by water cannon or machine gun. :imp:

As for official moves and campaigns to reduce emissions, pollution and green issues and the like, by councils, the govt etc, I’m totally convinced being a complete cynic that none of, or at least most of em do not give a flying [zb], about it in reality, or at least it is not their main agenda.
Any campaign to reduce this that or the other always has at the least that sting in the tail ,.or at most under pinned on,…a fee or a fine.
So go figure.

You may be right, Some of them have no clue as to what they’ve signed up to. Take Harrow council they signed a climate emergency back in 2019 to decarbonise the borough by 2030 & adhere to NetZero yet they’re one of the five Tory councils objecting to the ULEZ expansion & spending £400,000 of public money to fight it, You couldn’t make it up :open_mouth: airqualitynews.com/2023/02/17/f … expansion/

Oi! Mr Vernon! You’re supposed to encourage people to buy T&D to read stuff, thereby keeping us all in work! :open_mouth: :wink: :grimacing:

wire:

Water isnt a greenhouse gas!
Its CO2 is the problem…

Of course water vapor is a greenhouse gas. It accounts for 60% of the planets greenhouse effects.

These people don’t listen to inconvenient facts like that.

Lucy:
Oi! Mr Vernon! You’re supposed to encourage people to buy T&D to read stuff, thereby keeping us all in work! :open_mouth: :wink: :grimacing:

I know. That’s why it’s last months :wink: No sales were harmed in the producing of this post

Sploom:
I remember reading that.It was very well written.And I agree too,we cant just suddenly stop using oil,but we need to try and find alternatives in the long run.But those protests arent the way forward.
I think we need to switch more to nucleur power for the production of electricity.At least it doesnt create greenhouse gases.

Relying on a scource of energy like a plug is plain stupid. Mankind needs to find a self carrying fuel that is greener that’s all.

What will the army use? Yep lets charge up before we go into action. Oh the Russians/Chinese/Iranians/North Koreans have just zapped all the power plants. Doh.

Sand Fisher:

Sploom:
I remember reading that.It was very well written.And I agree too,we cant just suddenly stop using oil,but we need to try and find alternatives in the long run.But those protests arent the way forward.
I think we need to switch more to nucleur power for the production of electricity.At least it doesnt create greenhouse gases.

Relying on a scource of energy like a plug is plain stupid. Mankind needs to find a self carrying fuel that is greener that’s all.

What will the army use? Yep lets charge up before we go into action. Oh the Russians/Chinese/Iranians/North Koreans have just zapped all the power plants. Doh.

A plug isn’t a source of energy, a ‘self carrying fuel’?! :smiley: and you know oil plants could just as easily be attacked right?

switchlogic:

Sand Fisher:

Sploom:

A plug isn’t a source of energy, a ‘self carrying fuel’?! :smiley: and you know oil plants could just as easily be attacked right?

But it helps to have lots of options.While oil and coal fired in that regard is a lot easier to decentralise and more difficult to knock out than a country stupidly putting total reliance on the electric supply grid.
Including the stupid idea of closing down local power generation.
So tell us are you relying on an all electric domestic fuel regime and running an EV to match your climate scam rhetoric with your own money ?.
If not why not.

Sand Fisher:

It’s obvious that these fools are prepared to risk our national security to create this all electric captive market scam.
All based on a lie.
We just need to burn fossil fuel as efficiently as possible not ban it.
Ironically there’s even a good case for reopening our mines and maintaining a coal fired steam locomotive rail capability option in that regard using more efficient fan assisted and even oxygen injected boilers.
The whole issue stinks of surrender to Communism.
Which by definition means worship of centralisation and control.
So here we are lumbered with a plan, for an energy policy, based on reliance on CCP funded and controlled nuclear power.
Which also provides a clue as to the true agenda and political motivation of these useful idiots.

switchlogic:

Lucy:

I know. That’s why it’s last months :wink: No sales were harmed in the producing of this post

Good man! :grimacing:

Lucy:

switchlogic:

Lucy:

Good man! :grimacing:

I’m not always as stupid as I look :wink:

Carryfast:
So tell us are you relying on an all electric domestic fuel regime

Yes

Carryfast:
and running an EV to match your climate scam rhetoric with your own money ?.
If not why not.

I don’t own a car, I use the bus. Which incidentally is about to go all electric on my route.

Next question……. :wink:

Marky-p:
Does anyone on this forum believe the protestors are justified in their actions?

Its like any historical movement - in 100 years the just stop oil “maniacs” will be seen as true heroes just like the maniacs who got women the vote or gave poor kids the right to an education, or the NHS. Back then all the same clueless right-wingers would be whining that we cant afford any of it.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
So tell us are you relying on an all electric domestic fuel regime

Yes

Good luck with that at 33p per kWh 50p per kWh after April v 10p per kWh and 17p per kWh respectively for gas.
So how much did you pay for last month’s electric usage in heating alone let alone cooking and hot water.

Carryfast:
There is no room for compromise.
These useful idiots are trying to impose a dangerous, unaffordable, energy policy on us if not send us back to the stone age.
All based on their personal belief/pretext that CO2, let alone at Earth’s minimum level required to sustain plant life, is going to cook the planet.
Or more often a far left wealth redistribution agenda.Which is why they aren’t protesting outside the Chinese embassy telling China to cease it’s fossil fuel use, including its UK oil and gas imports, immediately.
While having plenty of time to create disruption and afford their energy policy on their DWP benefits.

Where did you study climate science?

How do those Just Stop Oil protestors travel between their protest sites?

Speaking of alternative fuel / energy sources….

TESLA is currently disrupting the energy industry.

Tesla, a Tech company that is also involved in energy, software, artificial intelligence, robotics, insurance and soon mineral mining to name a few.

If you have a Tesla Power Wall (battery storage), Tesla solar roof panels, and a Tesla vehicle……you need not ever pay for household electricity or petrol/diesel EVER AGAIN.

The solar powers your house and car, plus you can sell power back to the grid.

The Tesla Megapack is an industrial sized version of the Powerwall, an increasing number of power stations are currently using them to stabilise the grid and to prevent power outages; eliminating the need for coal peaker plants. Megapack can also be used to build a localised grid that can disconnect from the main grid.

To get an idea of how big Tesla’s energy business will be: Tesla aims to sell 20 million cars a year by 2030 which means about $1 trillion in revenue from just their car business alone. They also state that their energy business will eventually be even BIGGER. However, their humanoid robots business will be bigger than everything else combined.

In the meantime, Tesla will continue to grow by at least 50% every year (this is not investing advice).

I personally don’t believe in climate change but I do believe that Elon Musk is doing the most to accelerate the change from fossil fuels to sustainable clean energy.

JeffA:

Marky-p:
Does anyone on this forum believe the protestors are justified in their actions?

Its like any historical movement - in 100 years the just stop oil “maniacs” will be seen as true heroes just like the maniacs who got women the vote or gave poor kids the right to an education, or the NHS. Back then all the same clueless right-wingers would be whining that we cant afford any of it.

I’m sorry but when you have radical leftists in government like AOC behaving like climate alarmists, stating that the world will end in 12 years; that does not bode well for their credibility.

The clue: the world’s not going to end in 12 years…just in case anybody’s wondering :unamused:

Almost forty years since the group OMD released their seminal single “Tesla girls” I confidently predict that in another forty years our children will look back in the same fond manner at the long defunct Tesla project.

JeffA:

Carryfast:
There is no room for compromise.
These useful idiots are trying to impose a dangerous, unaffordable, energy policy on us if not send us back to the stone age.
All based on their personal belief/pretext that CO2, let alone at Earth’s minimum level required to sustain plant life, is going to cook the planet.
Or more often a far left wealth redistribution agenda.Which is why they aren’t protesting outside the Chinese embassy telling China to cease it’s fossil fuel use, including its UK oil and gas imports, immediately.
While having plenty of time to create disruption and afford their energy policy on their DWP benefits.

Where did you study climate science?

University of YouTube, Surrey campus