Just signed on

As I am now unemployed after 20 minutes searching as to where I need to sign on I spent nearly 2 hours filling in the online application it did not take me that long to create a CV!!!

and when you go down to the job centre for your employment meeting you will have to do it all over again… :frowning:

then be patronised by some ■■■■■■■ who has no idea about the industry and will put you forward for all the none jobs on thier books whilst all the jezza kyle inhabitants file in and out

gonzothejaffa1:
then be patronised by some [zb] who has no idea about the industry and will put you forward for all the none jobs on thier books whilst all the jezza kyle inhabitants file in and out

a bit cynical there Dave, aren’t you? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mind you, a few years ago, when i actually used the job centre to advertise a vacancy, they sent someone round for interview that could not even drive a 7 1/2 tonner, let alone an artic :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

when i asked him why he came for the job, his reply was “i’ve got to come for so many interviews a year or i lose my benefits”

so, as long as he goes to the interview, he’s fine, regardless as to whether he can actually do the job or not :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

You’ll also spend many a happy hour explaining what acronyms like A.D.R. , F.L.T. and HIAB mean and then spend another hour explaining to the desk jockey that you don’t have the qualifications that come with said acronyms and how you’re willing to train for them if the DWP will pay you to do them.

The desk jockey will then inform you that they will only be willing to pay for your training if you have a firm offer of a job. Yes that right, a firm offer of a job from an employer who’s willing to take somebody one without the qualifications and training for A.D.R. , F.L.T. etc.

I’ve been there, done that and bought the bloomin T-Shirt.

In all seriousness, good luck mate. :slight_smile:

I don’t understand this.

Signing on at this time of the year? There’s loads of work around until after xmas?? Not full time work I know, but keeps you off the rock n roll + earn a little more until xmas then worry about it in January

^^^^
What is F.L.T? :blush:

Lusk:
^^^^
What is F.L.T? :blush:

Fork Lift Truck mate

fork lift truck
also they now say there is no funding available even for refresher training on forks or hiab etc but you can have a loan to be repaid at 9% interest after 14 days of completing the training. well in poole anyway.

gonzothejaffa1:
then be patronised by some [zb] who has no idea about the industry and will put you forward for all the none jobs on thier books whilst all the jezza kyle inhabitants file in and out

This bit is so true I had to sign on a couple of years ago, you go in sit down to be told that you have a license so can do one of the many jobs they have you then have to show them that its all agencies with one job between them. While you are there all the others come in all on first names with them no mention of them doing any work

shuttlespanker:

gonzothejaffa1:

a bit cynical there Dave, aren’t you? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mind you, a few years ago, when i actually used the job centre to advertise a vacancy, they sent someone round for interview that could not even drive a 7 1/2 tonner, let alone an artic :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

when i asked him why he came for the job, his reply was “i’ve got to come for so many interviews a year or i lose my benefits”

so, as long as he goes to the interview, he’s fine, regardless as to whether he can actually do the job or not :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

personally,if i ran a transport co and they sent me someone like that and wasted my time they would be in for such a bxxxxxxxxg at the jobcentre that they would never do it again

Ronnie W:
As I am now unemployed after 20 minutes searching as to where I need to sign on I spent nearly 2 hours filling in the online application it did not take me that long to create a CV!!!

Did the same thing 4 weeks ago, still waiting for them to get back to me … bloody long 48 hours. :imp:

Best bet is chase them up in a couple of days if you need to follow this through.

andygt4:

Ronnie W:

Did the same thing 4 weeks ago, still waiting for them to get back to me … bloody long 48 hours. :imp:

Best bet is chase them up in a couple of days if you need to follow this through.

If it is for a new claim then it can take a upto four days, I believe. If it is for a rapid reclaim then you usually hear back very quickly.

A girl I know told them she wanted to work with children or animals so they got her an interview at the pet crematorium

dazcapri:
A girl I know told them she wanted to work with children or animals so they got her an interview at the pet crematorium

And I bet you are not jesting either… :unamused:

Lusk:

dazcapri:

And I bet you are not jesting either… :unamused:

No mate it’s a customer of mine she only told me a couple of months back

Got made redundant 2 month ago…arranged appointment with dole but cancelled it. Signed up with a couple of agencies and been inundated with work. Gonna see how it goes after Xmas and if I can keep getting a few days a week work then I’m staying on the agencies. Quality of life and choosing when to work is a great feel good factor!

Mucker1:
Got made redundant 2 month ago…arranged appointment with dole but cancelled it. Signed up with a couple of agencies and been inundated with work. Gonna see how it goes after Xmas and if I can keep getting a few days a week work then I’m staying on the agencies. Quality of life and choosing when to work is a great feel good factor!

Why did you cancel mate? You have just given away a few quid for nothing. And even if you dont have a full time job and can only get a couple of days work per week, you can still claim JSA allbeit that you have to make a rapid reclaim each time.

truckman20:

shuttlespanker:

gonzothejaffa1:

personally,if i ran a transport co and they sent me someone like that and wasted my time they would be in for such a bxxxxxxxxg at the jobcentre that they would never do it again

Personally, I always think only crap firms advertise at the jobcentre.
If they are too tightarsed to pay for an advert in the local paper the job won’t be up to much :wink:

4aaaa4dd:
and when you go down to the job centre for your employment meeting you will have to do it all over again… :frowning:

+1 Add to that the embarrassment of having your working life trawled out in front of a person who, in all probability, as no Idea of the Transport Industry, therefore, will no doubt be of no help at all, apart that is, from sorting your Benefits for you.
Either way, all the best for the future.