Just signed on

I’ve never got a giro in my whole life I would not know where to begin :open_mouth:

How much is it? I’ve heard you get pestered and if you don’t take the first job you get offered you lose your giro.

done that signing on lark once in my working life since leaving school at 16 (43 now),at first they seem all interested then after a few weeks it’s “get em in and out in 4 minutes”.

good luck finding something else,it’s not very good signing on unless from if your living week to week on weed to weed.

I am signing on and have a job interview later so fingers xd I wont be having to sign on again , but yes the job centre are useless they have no time to help or find you a job its in and out , when you try to ask them to help you in a jobsearch there not interested .I hate being on the dole , no way can I live on the money they give you .

A giro! Do they still have them! I thought it was paid into your bank every fortnight. Sod that I’m staying at work.

I think you will find that they are getting very strict now and if you do not adhere to there terms and conditions then they will not pay you. Also beware they will expect you to go for three types of job; so naturally your first would a truck driving type, then you will have to provide two other types and if you make excuses or refuse to take the job or when you are at the job ■■■■ it up, bang goes your benefit.

Lusk that’s a bit unfair , if your sent to do a job you cant do thru no fault of your own but its because you just cant do it , then stopping your benefit is not really fair , by the way had interview as a driver for a tool hir company now its a matter of waiting to see if ive been sucessful

ricardo62:
Lusk that’s a bit unfair , if your sent to do a job you cant do thru no fault of your own but its because you just cant do it , then stopping your benefit is not really fair , by the way had interview as a driver for a tool hir company now its a matter of waiting to see if ive been sucessful

I agree, but they (Job Centre Plus) are of the opinion that all of their “Customers” are bone idle good for nothing lazy bstards!!

Lusk:
I agree, but they (Job Centre Plus) are of the opinion that all of their “Customers” are bone idle good for nothing lazy bstards!!

Likewise the government.

Went for interview today and in fairness they were very good had to sign agreement on what I have to do
Check Universal job search 2 times a week
Check email alerts 3 times a week
do online searches 3 times a week
check papers x 2
phone 1 prospective employer each week
fill in form detailing above activities

As I was a supervisor when paid off I only need to look for Supervisor or HGV driver jobs no need to apply for mickey Mouse jobs for 13 weeks
No help with mortgage payments only help with council tax we would get help with rent!!!
Have registered with a couple of agencies nothing so far

Lusk:
Also beware they will expect you to go for three types of job; so naturally your first would a truck driving type, then you will have to provide two other types

It’s simply three jobs no need to be different job sectors.

Don’t lose heart. Last year I lost two jobs in a month. A year on and I rang a couple of places today and have been offered jobs at both. Ruled one out and seriously considering the other one.

Muckaway:
Don’t lose heart. Last year I lost two jobs in a month. A year on and I rang a couple of places today and have been offered jobs at both. Ruled one out and seriously considering the other one.

Great news well done.
There is just no work here just now if willing to travel to Aberdeen no problem but at this time of year it can be a much worse than normal commute it can take 2 hours on a good day it took me 4 hours the last time I had to go in to do the Aberdeen depot a favour ended up doing a 15 hour day taking a 6.5 ton to East Kilbride to swap for a new one

Ronnie W:
Went for interview today and in fairness they were very good had to sign agreement on what I have to do
check papers x 2

As I was a supervisor when paid off I only need to look for Supervisor or HGV driver jobs no need to apply for mickey Mouse jobs for 13 weeks
No help with mortgage payments only help with council tax we would get help with rent!!!

Ya better find a job quick, the dole are sending claimants on the new slavery scheme (better known as “Mandatory Work Activity”) after a short period of unemployment now. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Waco:
Ya better find a job quick, the dole are sending claimants on the new slavery scheme (better known as “Mandatory Work Activity”) after a short period of unemployment now. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It used to be a year before they sent you on these, has it changed?

Waco:

Ronnie W:
check papers x 2

about time too, i don’t know the ins and outs of this particular scheme, but i don’t believe you should get something for nothing.

not directed at anyone, but to me if you’re unemployed then you’re unemployed, not a unemployed truck driver / plumber/ accountant and should be looking for any and every job you’re capable of doing

stevieboy308:
about time too, i don’t know the ins and outs of this particular scheme, but i don’t believe you should get something for nothing.

It’s been going on for a few years; basically they’re sent to various companies for ‘training’ which they reckon leads to a possible permanent job (it very rarely does) for no pay except their JSA. In reality it’s taxpayers funding private companies like Tesco etc.

stevieboy308:

Waco:

Ronnie W:
check papers x 2

not directed at anyone, but to me if you’re unemployed then you’re unemployed, not a unemployed truck driver / plumber/ accountant and should be looking for any and every job you’re capable of doing

Is it something for nothing? If he has paid his tax and NI he’s earned it.

mrpj:

Waco:

It used to be a year before they sent you on these, has it changed?

looks like it has changed. My niece finished college in the summer, turned 18 and signed on and sent her for an interview for the scheme at The Entertainer shop, she’d only been signed on a matter of weeks.

mrpj:

stevieboy308:

It’s been going on for a few years; basically they’re sent to various companies for ‘training’ which they reckon leads to a possible permanent job (it very rarely does) for no pay except their JSA. In reality it’s taxpayers funding private companies like Tesco etc.

This is the part I don’t agree with, Charities yes, like Oxfam etc, but not some company thats out to make a profit at the end of the day.

It’s like going back 30 years to the start of the youth oppotunities programs where you worked for 6 months and were replace by another kid for 6 months

stevieboy308:

Waco:

Ronnie W:

Heres a scenario…Dave on the dole,gets told he gotta do the ‘work programme’,for ‘help’ and ‘training’…your company ,to reduce costs ,gets Dave and a few others for ‘training’,and they wanna impress the gaffer…Boss decides to plot some way of getting shot of some of you lot,and use ‘freebie’ drivers…GOOD IDEA NOW