Just seddon Atkinsons

Cornish, thanks to Colin Pidoux.
Oily

With thanks to flickrites who share, a few more.
Oily

SA Shaun Ballisat sb .jpg

SA Mark Hobbs 7467958506_745442bfb1_mh k.jpg

This confused adolescent artic identified itself as ‘non-binary’ - well, that’s what I heard anyway… Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
This confused adolescent artic identified itself as ‘non-binary’ - well, that’s what I heard anyway… Robert

It wouldn’t have been as bad if they’d put a Big A on it instead of a “Dead 'Un” badge, especially since it’s essentially a Borderer beneath the biscuit tin cab :unamused:

Woodside brothers, security lorry park, moor lane, Preston.

Circa: 1978.

tankerian:
Woodside brothers, security lorry park, moor lane, Preston.

Circa: 1978.

Ah, the Moor Lane secure park - one of not many in the country but then subsumed under student accommodation for what is now UCLAN. I suppose it would have waned anyway, with the rise of sleeper cabs

Adverts.

A few more
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There’s a Very reg seddon 200 on eBay at the moment bidding stands at just over £500 last time I looked

DCW 590Y Fleet No 70 ‘Courageous’ was the first of two brand new Seddon Atkinson 401 Series 4X2 tractor units to enter service with W & J Riding on the 25th March 1983 at a cost of £25,926 each.

pete 359:
Hi all,
SteelboyF10 great shots of a much missed company.A few more from JR here from the 80’s.Sorry about the car.The XR3i was mine.

What happened to John Raymond Transport ?

I was going to ask what happened to JR? but thought better of it

Spud1960:

pete 359:
Hi all,
SteelboyF10 great shots of a much missed company.A few more from JR here from the 80’s.Sorry about the car.The XR3i was mine.

What happened to John Raymond Transport ?

I was going to ask what happened to JR? but thought better of it

Did they get taken over by ND or was that sheddick ?

They were taken over by Nolan Transport

gazsa401:

It was sheddick that was bought out by ND then

robthedog:

gazsa401:

It was sheddick that was bought out by ND then

Yes mate ND also took over Ashton Clinton Haulage

One or two more.
Oily

SA Ronnie South Uist 5685846563_2d0b877565_rcc o.jpg

Anecdote on Seddon Atkinson …When I worked in a dealership for S.A. if ever we had a problem they were just a phone call way.

As an example…BP / Shell ran some S.A, one came in for us to look at as the drivers window would go up and down on it’s own when it rained. Water ingress through the window rubber shorting out the switch in the arm rest…Phoned S.A. engineering ( 10.00am ) “leave it with us” that afternoon got a call, “we’ve fixed it, move the switch to the roof consul…we’ll sent some mods down tomorrow morning by courier” Motorbike arrived 8.00am, by 9.00am it was sorted…that was when it was S.A., When IVECO took over the whole thing went ■■■■ up, you could no longer speak to anyone at the factory…downhill from there …really felt for the engineers and the staff at SA who did a fantastic job, they all knew under IVECO it wasn’t going to last…

These thanks to John Wakely.
Oily