Just messed up my C+E Test

All, can someone please answer me this. How can I driving a 32 T lorry be too careful. That was one of the things the examiner picked up today. He took me through some areas that was almost impossible to do everything right and also made a comment that I wasn’t looking in my mirror often enough. I always thought that when driving forward that is where you should be looking but according to him I should be looking more to the rear. I realise that it is a big lorry and you have to be careful but he seemed to be a bit of a T**t. Going to get Pathway to submit for a retest on Monday, strange that I had to go to St Albans to learn and to Hatfield to do the test. Will try for Slough for a retest, any comments on that test centre.

Paul

You are never going to pass if you think you know better than them.

Roll with the punches mate, the test system in this country is a load of crap anyway.

They teach you to drive perfectly, in a magical world where everyone gives way when they should and stops in sensible places.

At the end of the day the test is as much down to luck as anything else

Chin up and give it another go.
Alex

dont give up, it took me 4 attempts to pass my c+e, i thought about quitting then I realised I had put too much effort and not to mention money on getting that far and giving up was not going to happen :stuck_out_tongue:

live an learn, its there rule book so you better obey an not critise
good luck for the next attempt but dont give up

I’m not giving up, spent way too much on this and to be honest I enjoy driving.
Pity we’re not living in a ‘real driving world’

Paul

When I passed my c+e and finally got into the real world of driving I realised that the learning had only just begun, I can honestly say that I have never seen a bay that you reverse onto like your test for a start!! dont give up!!

You have to remember that in that one and a half hours you are not just driving but trying to pass a test, this is not the real world. It sounds like you had some minors on making significant progress and probably a serious on observasion.
In that case I would want the same examiner and rectify the faults pointed out to me in my test as he or she will remember what went wrong last time in their opinion and be looking for improvement in those areas (as long as nothing else goes wrong on your re-test).
Your instructor should be able to have a look at your test sheet and will know where to point you to get you through next time.
It took me three goes to get my c+e so I know what you are feeling right now, don´t worry you can do it!

when you pass and you will do it, you wont be able to get the stupid grin off your face for weeks!! trust me, I have been there!! im sure somebody will back me up on this!!

paulhavers:
Sun Aug 10, 2008 … just passed my class 2 and going for class 1 in a few weeks…
Fri Sep 19, 2008 Just messed up my C+E Test

This is where I personally wonder if doing both tests without the few months LGV C on-road experience between C and CE is such a good idea :exclamation:

Rog, Been driving for an agency on Class2 since passing my test, so have built up a bit of exp on the road. btw the test began at 3pm just as the afternoon traffic begun. Had a few major but the main thing was that he marked the hesitation as a major. There was another chap taking his exam and he has 6 years of class2, he also failed, one major and few minors, it was either the same or very similar route.

paulhavers:
Rog, Been driving for an agency on Class2 since passing my test, so have built up a bit of exp on the road. btw the test began at 3pm just as the afternoon traffic begun. Had a few major but the main thing was that he marked the hesitation as a major.

Fair point about the on-road driving :slight_smile:

3pm - yuk - the school run drivers :exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s hard to say why the examiner did make those decisions without being there at the time.

**NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

relax and roll with the blows. It took me 3 attempts to pass my class one. On my final try i’d decided i didn’t care if i failed again so on my test i was so relaxed i only got 3 minors. Once you’ve passed that’s when the real learning begins

Paul

All examiners are ■■■■… they play by the book… none of them drive a artic for a living and if you dont drive it by the book then you aint goona pass.

Dont be bitter about not passing first time around, not many people do… the key is to relax, read the road and use them mirrors…and what for te unexpected… show that you are using your mirrors…as other ppl have already stated
" it took 3 or 4 times to pass the test " youve only done it once, then work with your instructors on what you cocked up and get it right…

Need some advise, then ask on here…#

Paul

PS You’ll find that Guildford Test Centre the hardest to get a pass

Pathway website:-

Only highly experienced instructors, not instructor trainees guide you.

4 out of 5 Pathway trainees pass their license tests on the first try.

Don’t pass the first time? Additional training & test instruction is included!

Schools are located all over the country so you may go home every night

Unlucky there when 4 out of 5 pass first time - I think trading standards should take a look at that claim!

Santa:
You are never going to pass if you think you know better than them.

100% Spot on. Get over it, move on. Dwelling on it will not help. I passed both tests within 6 weeks of each other, 2 minors on the c and 1 minor on the +E. I was confident but not cocky. My brother failed +E after telling everyone how easy it was going to be. I maintain the examiner weren’t impressed with his attitude.

Thanks boys, will contact the instructor on Monday and just get on with it. No prisoners next time. Not wishing to sound ‘flash’ but I found driving the artic easier than the rigid. Could it be down to having a bit of driving under my belt or just being a more relaxed.

Driving a class C for 6 - 12 months to gain experience and then going for a C +E was never out of the question for me :smiley:

paulhavers:
Thanks boys, will contact the instructor on Monday and just get on with it. No prisoners next time. Not wishing to sound ‘flash’ but I found driving the artic easier than the rigid. Could it be down to having a bit of driving under my belt or just being a more relaxed.

The biggest transition is from car to truck - going from truck to bigger truck is not quite so daunting :slight_smile:

did test 17 yrs ago, failed first time,made mess off reversing knew i had faild.finished test back to centre said i know.did it 1 wk later same examiner,
reversed no prob, drove round the block ,back to centre pass.( keep trying)