Just messed up my C+E Test

Hi all, ill put my two pennies worth in. I passed my CE first time after much sweating and some serious concentration. However i failed the C at the first attempt and passed on retest. Then i drove C for approximately 13 months before doing the Artic.
The Artic is definately more challenging and i had that stupid grin on my face for weeks after. The one that Potter mentioned earlier. My mate passed his C first time but is now on his third attempt at CE and he has had no C road experience in between. Personaly i would say its got to be a benefit getting on the road doing the job for a few months before going for the CE but on the other side of the coin you don’t want to leave it too long and let too many bad habits form. Plus money and circumstances play a part too.
Good luck anyway, keep your chin up and you will get it soon and have that silly grin on your face for weeks too :wink:

Just had a look at the stats for the test centre at Enfield, they make some interesting reading dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=21 … howRoute=0

paulhavers:
Just had a look at the stats for the test centre at Enfield, they make some interesting reading dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=21 … howRoute=0

You cannot go by DSA test pass rates - their info is not concise enough.

Pity we’re not living in a ‘real driving world’

The pity is that we DO live in a ‘real driving’ world - its just that some dont bother to do it.

As for driving forward and not looking in your mirrors - ask yourself what you are driving.
In a truck you are sitting right at the front with about three feet between you and the front of the vehicle.
But behing you there is anything between 20/30 feet and as you are pulling the vehicle forward the whole lot is moving forward so you have to be aware of exactly whats happening with the vehicle as a whole.
That means keeping an eye on the back end. That means mirrors.
No good staring ahead if your back axle is about to chop a pedestran to bits :open_mouth: and looking in the mirrors would have you on the brake to prevent it