Just like to say thanks

As per title.

Thanks to the guy driving the red and white daf (reg ending HHB) who kindly gave me some bulbs tonight for my trailer lights whilst we were in the queue at Pentalvers. I had lost n/s sides and the bulb in the indicator was the incorrect one thus working intermittently.

Drivers like this guy are a credit to the profession.

Unlike the 2 drivers behind us in a NYK Scanny and someone from SCL who felt that sitting on the horn whist we were fitting the bulbs ( also a fuse blew ) because the guy in front of me had moved 3 truck lengths nearer the entrance. These sort of guys really p*** me off because your not getting into pentalvers any quicker than the guy at the window and we were still 30mins off.

Anyways thanks again it was really appreciated.

Steve88:
Unlike the 2 drivers behind us in a NYK Scanny and someone from SCL who felt that sitting on the horn whist we were fitting the bulbs ( also a fuse blew ) because the guy in front of me had moved 3 truck lengths nearer the entrance. These sort of guys really p*** me off because your not getting into pentalvers any quicker than the guy at the window and we were still 30mins off.

I have never understood why a small piece of tarmac means SO MUCH to some people, espacially when, as you describe above, they are not going to get an advantage :confused: :confused: :confused:

And if like me,you are on the agency and paid by the hour,you wouldn’t care how long it took you. :smiley:

Ken.

should have told the guys you were on a break :wink:
that would have really pee,d them off :laughing:

Quinny:
And if like me,you are on the agency and paid by the hour,you wouldn’t care how long it took you. :smiley:

Ken.

Ha! No im on salary so by rights I would be wanting to hurry up. But if you know pentalvers then you’ll also know its best to just get your book out and chill. However, I do like the guy who drives the silver and green pickup who sometimes drives past and pulls you out of the queue and sends you into 109 to book in :slight_smile:

Dave: Most of the time you can get 15 or 30 in without trying as the queue moves really slow.

Now got 2x full set of replacement bulbs so If I see that guy again I’ll make sure he gets back what he gave me. :smiley:

ROG: Yup your too right, same out on the road as well.

dave:

Only 9 hours to go lads, you won’t mind will you …

Mackem:

dave:

Only 9 hours to go lads, you won’t mind will you …

:laughing: :laughing:

Just as an aside, Friday morning 03:30 lost all the trailer lights…was spitting nails but after a 2 hour wait for a sparky found a broken wire in the control box under the trailer.

Guess the whole week was leading up to this. Yet another lesson learned. When you start lossing lights for no good reason…there has to be a reason. :unamused: