Just had to post this job

DRIVER HIRE Require 2 Drivers, either LGV 1 or LGV 2 to work for a Telecommunication / Italian F1 Team. 10 month contract, possibly ongoing. Between 25 - 40 years old, clean licence and fit. Must be fluent in a 2nd European language and willing to travel around Europe. Phone 023 8067 8088

why didnt i take a foreign language all those years ago :cry: :cry:

I am very fluent in Glaswegian and also speak a little bit of english does that count?.

2nd European language

I do very good gibberishā€¦ and am nearly fluent in incoherent (especially when assisted by Mr John Smiths Finest Ales )

Can I have the job pleaseā– ā– ? :grimacing:

sorry guys tried those languages and they didnt work.even told them i could talk like like a bird. pigeon english :laughing: :laughing:

bonjour

there you go jobs in the bag what more do they want

i can also speak american australian(well i have seen dallas and neighbours) :laughing:

jon

Parliamo glescaranti,jammy? Apologies to Stanley jammy,Iā€™m going back up the road for a crash course doon the chippie! :wink: (everybody tells me I look younger than my age!) and I think they had a speeling error in the description 'cos Iā€™m fat as well! :smiley:

omg, dream job! I love F1. Mind you, I heard they only take on drivers who donā€™t folow the sport.

ā€œWhen the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie thatā€™s amoreā€¦ā€ you look fit enough to me Dapper now come to me and I will teach you the language ā– ā– ā– 

Worked for DRIVER HIRE spent most of my time on the phone trying to get my money they always underpay you CLAIMING a computer error or other mistake. WOULD`NT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLEā€¦ :exclamation:

And yes i do have proof to back up what i am saying by way of incorrect pay slips.Which by the way you were forever chasing as well :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Just spent 2 years working as a motor racing truckie. Not F1 sadly and only round UK and Ireland, well Mondello Park, :smiley:
Only used to drive about 15,000 miles a year and the work at the track was always hard physical graft putting the awning up taking it down, getting fuel, getting tyres, getting more tyres, getting tyres ready for use, changing tyres, refuelling the cars, getting bits out of the trucks for the mechanics, going to get food for the mechanics, making tea, washing the truck. Loads of bull [ZB]everything has to sparkle and work area should look more like an operating theatre than a workshop.
The other thing was never knowing when you were going to finish, even if all the cars came back in one piece it would still take 3 to 4 hours for the mechanics to check them, if they had a shunt then no bed. Did work to 5am morning to get the cars ready for 8am that morning. Another team worked all night to rebuild a car after the driver rolled it got it finished at 6am the race started at 11am and the driver did 4 laps and crashed. :cry:
From what I have been told F1 is loads of cleaning, the wheels on some trucks are lined up so all logos on the tyres line-up as do the valve stems. Some of the truck driver make up the pit crew normally the refuelling man is a truckie, as are some of the guys who take the wheels off during the tyre changes.
Anyway if you want a job at F1 the normal route is to start with the teams in lower formulas, F3, Formula Renault, Formula Ford or Touring Car teams and get the experience. There are also truck drivers needed for hospitality units and support units, was a job advertised a couple of weeks ago a company who do the catering for the F1 races were looking for class 1 drivers to driver and set-up the unit.
P.S My old team are looking for a part time truckie, first test 18th and 19th at Thruxton I think. They are based in Norfolk, PM me if interested. Sadly might have to be male only as you have to share a hotel room and they only have male mechanics.

EDITED FOR LANGUAGE CONTENT-ATKIG11

I think we still get the picture :wink:

TONY:
Worked for DRIVER HIRE spent most of my time on the phone trying to get my money they always underpay you CLAIMING a computer error or other mistake. WOULD`NT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLEā€¦ :exclamation:

And yes i do have proof to back up what i am saying by way of incorrect pay slips.Which by the way you were forever chasing as well :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I bet that Ferrari pay mop & bucket money eh Tone? I wonder what Shoemakers hourly rate is! :wink: :laughing:

Mal.

tartanraider:
Parliamo glescaranti,jammy? Apologies to Stanley jammy,Iā€™m going back up the road for a crash course doon the chippie! :wink: (everybody tells me I look younger than my age!) and I think they had a speeling error in the description 'cos Iā€™m fat as well! :smiley:

Tartan ive been away 15/16 years now but i always get Oor Wullie for my Xmas or the Broons depending what year it is that tends to keep me in with the lingo :slight_smile::).

I,m sure a few will wonder what Oor Wullie is?.

I can speak any language they want, when Iā€™m under the affluence of incohol.
Unfortunately, I had enough BS while I was in the Army, so I wonā€™t be applying.

I work for Driver Hire Grimsby, never ever had a problem with pay, Iā€™m also on contract so if thereā€™s no work, I still get paid a basic rate.

Driver hire is a name shared by several franchises. Different offices are run by different people. So one office may be good, while ohers are terrible. The Norwich and Gatwick offices are run by the same guy, but while Iā€™ve heard good things about the Gatwick office, the Norwich office havenā€™t given me a jot of workā€¦

allikat:
the Norwich office havenā€™t given me a jot of workā€¦

Doesnā€™t make them bad!! just may not have a lot of Class 2 work on for anyone other than the long term regulars!

I am not sticking up for Driver Hire in fact I was offered a Class 1 job from them a long time ago he offered me Ā£5.95 PH :open_mouth: !! I told him to stick it ā€¦never heard from him again! :smiley:

Nice one Malā€¦ :wink:

Not sure wot shooey gets, understand he has a bob or 2 tho`ā€¦ :open_mouth:

Did he drive for Alpine b 4 his lucky break wiv Fararieā– ā– ? :laughing:

So dapper where are ya from in belfast?? Im currently in Finaghy but moving to either holywood, dundonald or carryduff due to an impending parenthood and mixed relationship!!

kev

Im not sure tony if it was with Jordan or whatever although I may be thinkin about Irvine the swine!!!

kev

Cheers Kev but I meant Alpine soft drinks on the old bedford TK`s mate!!

Me and Mal used to work for themā€¦Cheers anywayā€¦ :wink:

TONY:
Cheers Kev but I meant Alpine soft drinks on the old bedford TK`s mate!!

Me and Mal used to work for themā€¦Cheers anywayā€¦ :wink:

Me too!