Just Got Sacked

After months of being singled out and being picked at for the slightest little thing as an excuse to get rid of me, my boss has finally done it.

I know i def have a case for unfair dismissal without a doubt, but was wondering what steps i should be taking now, obviously i cant tell what happened because he might be watching here but i did record the whole conversation and it really is compelling stuff, he don’t stand a chance.

It seems to me you have two clear options, if your in a union take it to them and let their legal eagles pursue it for you or alternately go see a solicitor with a view to taking it to an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal.

If that’s not an option Citizen’s Advice may be able to help.

Good luck with with it, hope all goes well for you in the future.

Thanks cm probably take the citizens advice bit first to see where i stand, before it starts costing money.

Why not just accept that you didn’t fit in and get a job elsewhere? Why does it always have to be someones fault?

Rob K:
Why not just accept that you didn’t fit in and get a job elsewhere? Why does it always have to be someones fault?

All very well Rob but if the chap has been forced out for the wrong reasons why should the buggers get away with it. Your quote above, ask yourself a question, would you■■?

CM:

Rob K:

All very well Rob but if the chap has been forced out for the wrong reasons why should the [zb] get away with it. Your quote above, ask yourself a question, would you■■?

No. I would have left a long time ago. I don’t understand these people who get treated like [zb] then try to sue the company. You might be the best worker in the world but if your face doesn’t fit it’s all a waste of time and they will try to force you out so why not save them the hassle and just leave? You might like the folks but they obviously don’t like you / your work / your attitude.

Your time would be far better spent looking for work elsewhere than trying to squeeze a few quid out of them and get your job back. I can guarantee that they WILL make your life hell if you go back.

Still, whatever. :smiley:

WHARTY:
but i did record the whole conversation and it really is compelling stuff, he don’t stand a chance.

Unless he agreed to you recording the conversation I think you will find that it cannot be used as evidence I have been through this type of thing before and also unless you have been at your place of work for more than a year then he does not need to give you a reason for sacking you and you w’ont have much of a come back on him.

Rob K:

CM:

Rob K:

All very well Rob but if the chap has been forced out for the wrong reasons why should the [zb] get away with it. Your quote above, ask yourself a question, would you■■?

No. I would have left a long time ago. I don’t understand these people who get treated like [zb] then try to sue the company. You might be the best worker in the world but if your face doesn’t fit it’s all a waste of time and they will try to force you out so why not save them the hassle and just leave? You might like the folks but they obviously don’t like you / your work / your attitude.

Your time would be far better spent looking for work elsewhere than trying to squeeze a few quid out of them and get your job back. I can guarantee that they WILL make your life hell if you go back.

Still, whatever. :smiley:

Rob, I do not really have a view either way as I’ve never been confronted by such a situation but you do make a good point in what you say.

People have a little bit of spine rob k to sit it out and do the job to pay the bills.
Why would i want to save them any hassle, i have to go about looking for a new job now because of them through no fault of my own.
If i could tell you the reasons for it all then i would, and probably will when things become more clear, so before you make any judgements on me i suggest you wait untill you know the facts.

swordtail:

WHARTY:
but i did record the whole conversation and it really is compelling stuff, he don’t stand a chance.

Unless he agreed to you recording the conversation I think you will find that it cannot be used as evidence I have been through this type of thing before and also unless you have been at your place of work for more than a year then he does not need to give you a reason for sacking you and you w’ont have much of a come back on him.
[/quote]

Not true nowadays.

And agree totally with Rob on this.

Accept that just sometimes, your “face” doesn’t fit.

You obviously weren’t happy. So why not utilize your “biding-time” more constructively ? Use the job until YOU were ready to leave (with job of choice lined up) :unamused:

swordtail:

WHARTY:

If it’s a written record it’s ok though. So just transcribe it to paper if need be :laughing:

IF you belive 100% that you are in the right go all the way
but be prepared to lose as well because if his lawyer is better
than yours he may win the case, also you are right many firms
do harrass or as its called mobbing to get rid of employers who
will not do as the boss wishes,if the CAB hears your facts they will
give you good advice,all the best.

I agree with Rob.

Dont forget if you havent worked there for at least 2 years, you aint got a cat in hells. and if its that bad why did you stay for over 2 years if its a ■■■■ job.

Rob K is right again and that worries me :smiley:

swordtail:
[

Unless he agreed to you recording the conversation I think you will find that it cannot be used as evidence

Not true. Although there are constraints put upon people responsible for the investigation of offences, These do not apply to ‘Joe Public’. Imagine a scenario where, you, or a family member, were receiving obscene/offensive phone calls at your home/workplace and had the means to record them on an ansafone. Would you not do that? After all, without the contents of the recording, there is no evidence of any offence. Similarly, if an employee wishes to highlight the failings of an employer at an Industrial Hearing, then a taped recording is perfectly admissible.

quote=“Wheel Nut”]Dont forget if you havent worked there for at least 2 years, you aint got a cat in hells. and if its that bad why did you stay for over 2 years if its a [zb] job.

Not true. The 2 year rule doesn’t apply now.

Sorry, but I too am with Rob on this one FWIW.

I would have dissapeared long before, if the guvnor appeared to be “picking on me”. I also would have wondered WHY he was always on my case.

Never have liked the “sue them” mentality, I would just move on & forget them.

Well I have to be honest, I wasn’t expecting all the “I agree with Rob” comments. Very unusual. It usually ends in “what do you know, you’ve only been driving 2 minutes; I know your type etc, I’ve been driving 300 years, done Middle East, got stuck in the drifts on Shapp etc”. :unamused:

In fairness though, I can understand Wharty’s gripe. If you’re happy working at a place, good money, local to home etc, the last thing you need is some [zb]wit trying to force you out, especially if - in your eyes - you haven’t done anything wrong, so I sympathise there. Sadly though, this kind of [zb] goes on and it’s part of life. You just have to accept it and move on I’m afraid and yes I do speaketh from experience. There have been some places I’ve worked at and loved it but had an arse hole for a gaffer who’s just taken the urine so much that I’ve got fed up with it and left. On the flip side, there’s been a good number of places where my “I won’t take [zb] from anyone” stance has got peoples back up and I’ve literally been forced out. Those are the kind of places you don’t want to be working at anyway though.

Wharty, if it will make you feel better getting a few quid out of them for unfair dismissal then go for it, but I think most folk simply wouldn’t bother with the hassle and just move on. :bulb: Your call.

WHARTY:
I know i def have a case for unfair dismissal without a doubt, but was wondering what steps i should be taking now,

Have a look at the ‘employment matters’ section of the DTI website at www.dti.gov.uk

There is a lot of very useful information on there about Unfair Dismissal

Rob K:
If you’re happy working at a place, good money, local to home etc, the last thing you need is some [zb]wit trying to force you out, especially if - in your eyes - you haven’t done anything wrong, so I sympathise there.

My partner is in a situation like this. She’s been happily employed in the same job for 15 years. She has just returned to work after 15 weeks off work with a broken leg and dislocated ankle and her boss has installed his girlfriend doing her job. Now he’s turned nasty and is trying to get my partner out.

We’ve decided to put up a fight and a family friend who is a solicitor has told us we have a good case for constructive dismissal. You don’t work for 15 years just to be shoved out with nothing to show for it.