Just been offerd job with DBC

class 2 multidrop london not a prob for me but dunno abt firm anyone here been in with them danish pig meat :wink: company is sort of there name

On Dukes Park industrial estate? They’ve been advertising for months. I think one of the guys on here does night trunking for them, i cant remember his name though

yes not bad wage mate 400 a week job and fin o9 plate daf , might be a way in too class 1 as well

that in chelmsford? seen it advertised loads, good on you chap :smiley:

It used to be a bloody good job, 30 years ago they had a depot in Selby. Do they still run their own vehicles or is it contracted out?

all own vehicles seen em today whilst in london doing my beer dels then abt 11 am got a call abt my cv i sent well if you can call it that , basically sent email saying im bloody good ring me :laughing: AND THEY DID

Govenor! is / was yer man at DBC on the night trunk so a PM might get you your best info.

I started at DBC in Chelmsford a few years back, it was the last ting in the world I wanted to do multidropping London starting at 4.30am, but when a different job start never happened it was a foot in the door. The vehicles were all leased from Ryder’s, generally well maintained although they’d waitfor something to fail so that Ryders would pay rather than fix it at their expense before it broke. We had a rag tag collection of Leyland Daf’s, Daf LF’s and 13t & 18t Iveco’s at the time most of which were gutless as anythingand had alternator driven fridges which would reduce the 13tonners to about 25mph on the M2 up the hill with the fridge on frozen.

However the oldest ones I’m seeing now are the 53’s and 04 LF’s which were not too bad.

There were some good lads there, and there were some others who’s who usually makes itself apparent.

They paid £400/wk when I was there, it was for something like 47 hours, even if you only clock 40. They had a stunt where you had to work 50 or something before they paid overtime (as they’d suddenly not pay your breaks) overtime was about 50p / hour more that the hourly rate of £7 odd meaning that you could do 51 hours and earn about £4 in your pocket more than the next bloke who’d done 40. Bank holidays were good as you got paid anyway regardless of whether you worked or not and if you worked you got a double shift making it triple pay. The trouble with the system there was that if you had a really crap day and did 12 hours chances are you’d end up with no extra in your pocket as they’d readjust your work to keep you from earning extra from them. All my other jobs have paid overtime after 8 hours regardless of what happens the next day or the day before.

BUT

When I needed a job, with no full time experience it was there and gave me loads of practise manoevering in and out of places. 20 odd schools in a day, or 25 coffee shops around the city and you’ll learn more about your vehicle than a years worth of trunking. It gave me experience of driving big vehicles, which then opened the door to a job that was much more up my street and wouldn’t have been offered to a new driver.

I learnt 3 routes around London and the West End delivering to approx 80 different shops, these were complex runs and I was paired with the regular driver to learn the routes. Suddenly the jumble of London streets meshed together and even now I use that knowledge to help me navigate around.

So in summary whilst it may not have been perfect, it certainly was worthwhile and had I not taken the job who knows. Oh and it was mainly school / prison kitchen fodder, drinks and the odd butchers shop (but no carcasses)

Just seen you were at TJ Hammonds, I may have met you a few years back if you came to Abbey Pynford at Roydon. I used to drive their Volvo FM12 8wheeler beavertail, we used to use Hammonds quite a bit.

yes wot a lovely yard too access MIND THAT GATE cheers for dbc info they are paying same as what i get at mo but offering 45 a week bonus !!! london no problem thats why igot the call currentyly doing 25 a day in the city beer etc heavy work upstairs downstairs using magliners also dont get parking fines paid !!!might try these for a while till i get an assesment in sainsburys 4 artics

Roydon was a poxy place, took ages for learn how to one hit (but miss the gate post) the opening every time with the 8 legger.

DBC used to pay the parking fines, although you had to fill in a form full of details for every ticket you got, they’d contest the lot and get about half lifted. Somedays you could get 3 or 4 other days you’d not get any, it was a bit of fun though trying to beat the traffic wardens giving them a little wave as you pulled away. Added bonus on the Cafe Nero runs was as much coffee as you could drink, tea if you wanted it but they couldn’t make tea to save their lives!

went for interview NO THANKS get told will be RELIEF driver for job and fin rounds , therefore never gona learn a set route too gain the speed needed ,then told mon 2 fri will be turned too tue sat with no xtra dosh ,then told bank hols must be worked at no xtra dosh only day in lieu NO THANKS SKINFLINTS Ssome of these firms want your soul for sod all in return

GOT A CALL TODAY can i come for 2nd interview WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT :question:

went for 2nd interview today sounded much better than i thought ,BECAUSE 15 mins previous i just told my current employer too go swivel as yet again i got parking fines ,oh well UNEMPLOYED FOR 15 MINS do you think i coulda signed on :question: :question:

Just a thought - is it wise to take a job with DBC with all this swine flu about :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
Just a thought - is it wise to take a job with DBC with all this swine flu about :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

You made me laugh there, Rog!!!

i like a bit of bacon…

any chance of a sneaky tax :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

GOTA LAUGH or i will cry, went today for my bog standard induction ,me and 1 other driver ,anyway me been driving years other driver not for a while now ,been out the game so day nearly fins then told our rounds ,I GET SOUTH LONDON he gets hastings tonbridge AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH but on the upside my run was 1ST BACK IN YARD whilst i was there so MIGHT not be all bad :frowning: :angry: :unamused:

WELL tuesday i had 14 drops got back at 4pm got away at 5pm. wednesday 24 drops back at 3 got away at 4 so 13 hr day and 12 hr day MULTIDROPPING deep joy ,if it carrys on like this till friday i should clear gross over 540 , oh by the way these times are with 2 crew !!! god help me when i got solo ,or should i say the companys wage bill !!! thats if i survive another week of this â– â– â– â– 

thursday 13 drops 2 crew done by 2pm 8 free coffees

day 6 18 drops â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  down with rain , over the top cages badly organised loads 4.30 am start 1st drop 6 am last drop 5pm back too yard at 7pm KIN JOKE im just abt hanging in there for the money but nearly jacked today