Just been offerd job with DBC

keep updating us topmixer very interesting reading sounds very much like the work i used to do in ireland :slight_smile:
how are u managing for tacho charts are u not way over

day 7 12 drops raining again start 430 fin 330 got covered in flour and loads of orders were incorrect DEEP JOY ,tachos not a prob as i take my breaks ,they will not get me going thru they will have too sack me if they dont like it,besides it makes me more wonga !!.

day 8 19 drops 430 start 530 pm finish peeing down again stuff missing again also driver who started with me SACKED for mouthing off too customer hmmm i wonder what made him upset OH AND FORGOT TOO MENTION SPOTTED JOANNA LUMLEY OUTSIDE STOCKWELL TUBE STATION TOOTED AT HER WAVED AT HER ,SHE LOOKED AT ME SMILED AT WAVED RIGHT BACK . I THINK WE ARE OFFCIALLY AN ITEM NOW FROM THAT !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

hi there glad your enjoying it
I did 2 weeks for them on agency out of Wythenshaw hardest work Ive done in the sense tthat I had never done that many drops in a day before. the most I’d done before was about 10 but by the time I finished I was doing about 17 without too much problem. The stuff missing must run through all depots, I only had 1 day where every drop got every item !!!

stick it out pal I think it gets easier with time and after all a jobs a job !!!

thursday 8th 9 drops out at 430 back at 230 FRIDAY 9TH 20 drops !! out at 430 back\at 7pm 1 drop took 1and half hours too off load and deliver in a pub JOKE bought 4 back ,manager not happy TUFF at 4pm still had too get from se1 too se15 in traffic do 4 drops then get back too depot ,i would have run out of working time ,so i REFUSED prob ably wont be there much longer ,no wonder they cannot keep drivers with that PLANNING !!!

day 11 14 drops 430 start fin 4pm not 2 bad a day but traffic around lambeth pa;ace rd and waterloo a nightmare also nearly tipped a full cage over , hazard of job are the access areas too shops etc ,some do not deserve a delivery 3 free lattes today gona have too buy a ■■■■ bottle as my bladder is getting overworked ,also was presented with my very own brandnew magliner :laughing:

day 12 430 am start fin 435 pm 14 drops 1 free coffe not too bad today bit more leisurly took my breaks as per usual and not while unloading like most of em . bit of a row with a driver in luton van about who should back up , i couldnt be arsed with him as he was getting very aggitated i backed up and just laughed at him which made him even more annoyed :smiling_imp: . my new magliner was awesome !!! gotta pay for it if i lose it through neglect . TOOK HOME 435 LAST FRIDAY ,i really am caning them :wink:

wednesday 19 drops 430 start fin 1845 stress and crap thursday 16 drops start 430 fin 1900 crap crap crap im kna kered

I am running a Trucknet book on how much longer this will last. but surely it must get easier.

Bloody hell! I’ve been starting at 4 all week and finishing between 12 and 1…! i’d be on my ■■■ doin all that! :astonished:

friday 16th 22 drops 430start 730 finish TOLD THEM TOO SORT IT OR IM OFF absolute joke cages too heavy stuff missing stuff broken due too bad loading ,i am totally run down i feel ill ,i may not even go back monday .

them hours are unreal specially for that type of work dont know how you stick it

MONDAY 19TH IM GONE ENUFFS\ ENUFF

What happened today?

What happened today?

turned up 430 looked at load sheet it was all arse about face meaning every cage would have too be shuffled about ,also the run was over the top AGAIN some loads woulda taken over hour too get off due too access and amount , estimated time back would have been around 530 6pm , some of the drivers there get back around 1pm . they take the pee out of new drivers ! 1st day on the job debriefer told me driver previous week threw keys at him at 7pm and said stuff this !!!. i aint work shy but this has run me intoo the ground ive now got a really bad chest infection , getting all hot and sweaty then climbing in and out of the freezer unit searching for the goods ie 20 boxes of chips too be wheeled 400 yrds across rough paving ,then fight your way too back door of pub through waste bins full of broken glass. try pushing a cage full of cooking oil up slope and having too ask a member of the public too help ,a wee bit embarassing . having any chance of getting back at reasonable time woulda meant tipping while on break AND I AM NOT PREPARED TOO DO THIS FOR ANYONE ANYWHERE.TOO SUM IT UP WORST JOB IVE EVER HAD THE MISPLEASURE OF DOING .

topmixer i admirer you so much for sticking it out so long i have done a lot of diff driving jobs a lot with serious manual work involved and a lot where i was doing 20hrs driving a day but i know exactly the type of work u were doing as have done it for years and for the hours and work involved that you were doing you would want to be on at least 1200 a week to make it any way worth while fair play to u for sticking so long most guys would have packed it in the first day they wouldnt be able for the manaul part of it
what part of london are u looking for work in reason i ask is been applying to a lot of places for a friend of mine and if anything comes his way or comes out of it that he cant do or gets a job in between will pass it on to u

update woke this morning bit peed off full of cold and exhaustion ,fired up pc and straight too jobcentre plus ,spotted a firm in basildon i have had dealings with when i was with my old transport company ,they had a class 2 vacancy for paletised multi drop out of a firm ive worked for many a time and is an absolute doddle . straight on phone and straight over too see governer ,filled out form 1page !! ,he shouts too secretary ,get it off job site this guys got it !!! ,then asks me if im just looking for class 2 ,i reply ive got class1 he says ok can give you some 0/T at weekends on the 1 ,i say im not experienced yet ,he says well you will be after this then wont you !!! bloody hell xmas has come early :laughing: DBC ROT IN HELL :imp:

congrats m8,thats the way to get a job

clarkyboy:
congrats m8,thats the way to get a job

That’s it, the old fashioned way